Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter

I've had my gigaFOIL & Keces for a while now.

I got it for use it in two set-ups:

1 - At the end of my AQ Diamond 5m Ethernet, just before it terminates at the receiver end of my slightly tweaked PS Audio LanRover system. The difference was beyond anything I expected. Maybe not transformational - only system-to-room voicing is transformational in my admittedly biased opinion - but definitely an audio system best buy, IMO

2 - For use at the end of my 4m AQ Diamond Ethernet, just before the Sonore ultraRendu, after the switch, Ethernet signal from the Small Green Computer i5 to switch, then to gigaFOIL. No time yet to try it out, though I expect the improvement to be at least as significant....
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Superdave let me know what happens when you add the Keces. I'm wondering if you get more density in the sound and more dynamics. I ordered a Sbooster and should have it in a week.

Will do. I’ll let you know when it comes in. I imagine I’ll get the Keces before the cables but will wait to connect them to see what the new power supply adds.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Will do. I’ll let you know when it comes in. I imagine I’ll get the Keces before the cables but will wait to connect them to see what the new power supply adds.

Dave
    I’d suggest cables before the Keces power supply.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    Exact opposite in my experience
    "We all know real when we hear it"

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    Exact opposite in my experience
    My suggestion was based on my experience. Everyone is looking for a different result.
    Jim

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
    I've had my gigaFOIL & Keces for a while now.

I got it for use it in two set-ups:

1 - At the end of my AQ Diamond 5m Ethernet, just before it terminates at the receiver end of my slightly tweaked PS Audio LanRover system. The difference was beyond anything I expected. Maybe not transformational - only system-to-room voicing is transformational in my admittedly biased opinion - but definitely an audio system best buy, IMO

2 - For use at the end of my 4m AQ Diamond Ethernet, just before the Sonore ultraRendu, after the switch, Ethernet signal from the Small Green Computer i5 to switch, then to gigaFOIL. No time yet to try it out, though I expect the improvement to be at least as significant....
    Glad to hear it! And agreed on room voicing.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Hi Jim,

Wouldn’t you rather have all the network accessories in place such as (in my case) GigaFoilv4 Ethernet Filter, AQVox Audio Switch and Keces P3 and P8 Power Supplies, before selecting the brand of Ethernet Cables as they each provide a different sonic flavor.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Hi Jim,

Wouldn’t you rather have all the network accessories in place such as (in my case) GigaFoilv4 Ethernet Filter, AQVox Audio Switch and Keces P3 and P8 Power Supplies, before selecting the brand of Ethernet Cables as they each provide a different sonic flavor.

Ken
    Ken - good question.

In my case, I want maximum musical involvement with my system with the most involving Ethernet cable I have heard.

For me - in my system - for my taste - it's the AQ Diamond everywhere. Can't imagine mixing & matching all those different cables if I then need to change a component in my system. Different strokes I guess.

Best,

Jim
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Hi Jim,

Ken
    Due to interface issues with my network I no longer have any of the devices in my set-up. The oreder they were introduced was Ethernet cable, GigaFoil with standard power supply, then Keces unit. My inability to resolve the interface issues prevented me from a long term evaluation with the full set-up. My post was based on what I heard during the preriod I had them all installed. If I could have resolved my issues I would have gone back to the standard power supply for a longer trial.
    Jim

Due to interface issues with my network I no longer have any of the devices in my set-up. The oreder they were introduced was Ethernet cable, GigaFoil with standard power supply, then Keces unit. My inability to resolve the interface issues prevented me from a long term evaluation with the full set-up. My post was based on what I heard during the preriod I had them all installed. If I could have resolved my issues I would have gone back to the standard power supply for a longer trial.
    Thanks Jim for the explanation, I hope you get it all worked out.

Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

I am using a Transparent ethernet cable right now. The improvements I heard were after adding only the GigaFoil and standard power supply. When the Keces arrives, I'll replace the stock power supply and listen for improvement. As the cables come in, I'll replace the Transparent with the Sablon and AQ as the final piece. I've made the mistake of making too many changes at once, it becomes impossible to isolate what made the change and to what degree. Should be fun...

I use standard in wall ethernet cable to my modem. From the GigaFoil, I'll use either the Sablon or the AQ. It's too long a run to replace the in-wall.

Dave
    Speaker: Rockport Avior & Mira, B&W 803 D
    Amp: Nagra HD Monos, McIntosh Mc303 & 601
    Pre: Nagra HD pre
    Source: Esoteric K-01X & G-01, Aurender W20
    Cable: Transparent Ref Gen 5 SC & Ref XL PC
    Grounding: Tripoint Elite, Thor SE, Emperor Mkii

Will be ordering mine ...hopefully, Friday...after Steve gets his new supply in..
    Listening Room: 25' L x 18' W x 23' H..system on the long wall
    Speakers: Tidal 'Contriva Diacera-SE
    Amps: Chalice Audio 'Grail' SET mono blocks with Psvane WE 845 / 300b tubes
    Source: Lumin X-1 Network Music Player
    HighFidelity MC-1 Pro Helix conditioner
    Cables:
    Audience-Studio One RCA interconnect
    SilverSmith 'Fidelium' speaker cables
    Silent Source 'Music Reference' Power Cords x 3
    Innuos 'PhoenixNet' Switch
    CAD-CG-1

Audioquest 'fog lifters' under the Fidelium cables
    Arya Audio-RevOpods under my Tidal Speakers
    REL 212 SE Subwoofer x 2
    Nordost V2 ethernet cable

EVP Isolation footers- subs-speakers- Lumin

Tweaks:
    Stillpoints Ultra SS under amps
    EVP HDR isolators 2" x 8...under my Lumin A1 and PSU
    EVP HDR isolators 4" x 16..under my Tidal speakers and my REL 212 SE subs

Quote Originally Posted by calloway View Post
    Will be ordering mine ...hopefully, Friday...after Steve gets his new supply in..
    Cool!

For those that don’t have a dealer, I highly recommend Mike Bovaird/Suncoast.

www.getbettersound.com

Quote Originally Posted by PeteG View Post
    Any break-in with the gigafoil?
    I ordered gigaFOIL & Keces from Mike. Not sure about gigaFOIL but Keces and PC new so took ~100 hours for everything to break in

Quote Originally Posted by knghifi View Post
    I ordered gigaFOIL & Keces from Mike. Not sure about gigaFOIL but Keces and PC new so took ~100 hours for everything to break in
    Re break-in - agreed - not sure whether it was the Keces or the gigaFOIL, or both - but if I had to bet, it'd probably be the Keces.

www.getbettersound.com

I use standard in wall ethernet cable to my modem. From the GigaFoil, I'll use either the Sablon or the AQ. It's too long a run to replace the in-wall.

Dave[/QUOTE]

As I've been reading over the last year about the development of the Uptone EtherRegen Switch, one question I'm left with is the relative importance, or unimportance, of the lan cable upstream of the Switch to the cable downstream. My thought is to use my short AQ Diamond downstream after the Switch direct to my DAC.

But, it also occurs to me that the Uptone Switch, as it's described, and if it lives up to their design intentions, might reduce an ethernet cable like the Diamond to a moot point. I'll plan to listen and compare the AQ to Blue Jean 6A (whenever the EtherRegen finally comes out).

I also wouldn't be surprised if the AQ still makes a positive influence.

I have the same questions for use of cables with other Switches from Acuvox and Linear Solution, as well as the Gigafoil.
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Bakoon 13r Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

The aqvox SE > diamond > dac definitely benefitted from the diamond in my system vs any other cable I tried. We may never know about your uptone question... they seem to be taking forever. Hopefully good things come to those who wait! ;-)
    Jeremy

Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Power Amp: VAC 200iQ (stereo)
    Source/DAC/Preamplifier: MSB Reference DAC (Femto 77 / Dual Powerbase)
    Power: Shunyata Triton V3 / Shunyata Typhon QR / AQ NRG 20 Outlet / Dedicated 20 amp circuit
    -------------
    Power Cables: AQ Dragons to components / AQ Hurricane to Typhon QR
    Speaker Cables: MIT Heritage MI 2C3D - Level 1
    Interconnects: MIT Heritage MI 2C3D - Level 1 (XLR)
    Ethernet: AQ Vodka > Aqvox SE > AQ Diamond > MSB Reference DAC
    Racks: Critical Mass Sotto Voce with Black Platinum shelves

I've looked at the AQvox which seems nice but currently I don't need a switch. I use the W20 and Apple TV and manually switch the cable which seems like it would get old but has never bothered me. Can a switch added in the mix improve sound? I've always thought less is more in terms of additional circuitry but I'm no expert. I looked at the Uptone LPS also, I read good things about it. The switch seems to be taking longer than expected.

Dave

A switch is not necessarily adding devices. Many people use their router as a switch. Think of a setup with the following audio devices. A NAS, Roon Nook, endpoint and or DAC that is ethernet ready. The router is bonding these devices together passing signals in amongst them. The router is not designed for high quality audio . A hi-fi audiophile switch takes on the duties that router was serving. The hifi switch generally has much better clocking and isolation as well as a lower noise floor due to a superior power supply. You're not adding a device, your redistributing through a better device.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    I've looked at the AQvox which seems nice but currently I don't need a switch. I use the W20 and Apple TV and manually switch the cable which seems like it would get old but has never bothered me. Can a switch added in the mix improve sound? I've always thought less is more in terms of additional circuitry but I'm no expert. I looked at the Uptone LPS also, I read good things about it. The switch seems to be taking longer than expected.

Dave
    Super Dave Osbourne GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter

Rex is right, and your in the same boat I’m in with multiple devices Fed an RJ45 cable.

You will benefit from an Audio switch on all your devices and if your budget allows feed it a GigaFoil as well - I wrote my findings on a separate thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

When I get my DAC upgraded with a Ethernet input card built into the DAC I will probably get a gigafoil. For now I am USB connected between my server and DAC so the extra isolation is not as important to me. It mostly get negated in my topology. The switch was a pretry big improvement with streaming and NAS stored music.

Dave, I agree with Rex and Ultrafast. You have an impressive system and I believe that a low noise switch or a GigaFoil are a must for that system. On the other hand what Uptone is preparing is not an LPS (they already have it, the Ultracaps LPS 1.2), but a low noise switch that they will foreseeably call EtheRegen.
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Rex, Ultrafast, Francisco,
    Thanks for the tips. Streaming has always been for casual listening and I've been pretty happy with the sound, I usually spin cds for my favorite music and use Tidal for music exploration. The delta between steaming Tidal and spinning cds is huge to my ears, adding the GigaFoil helped. I hope adding the Keces and either Sablon or AQ will improve it even more. I'm a total newbie in terms of ethernet, switches, and pretty much anything since Windows 3.1, so I am learning as I go. Francisco, are you suggesting having a GigaFoil before the switch and after? Sorry if I misunderstood.

Dave

Hi Dave.
    I do not suggest anything in particular, Aqvox, GigaFoil, EtheRegen ...... My point was the importance of taking care of that part of digital reproduction. As far as I'm concerned, I'm willing to wait for EtherRegen and I trust it to be a better product than my Aqvox. I do not know if a GigaFoil would still improve the sound ..... I think that this is a field in which much progress is being made in knowledge and better products will appear every time.
    And now to complicate it even more; If someone is interested, try to connect an Entreq ground cable with an RJ45 connector to an Entreq box to a free port on the Switch ... maybe you will be surprised.
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Francisco,
    I'll wait for the EtherRegen to be available and take a look. I don't use Entreq but I'm deeep in Tripoint and a big believer in grounding. I already need another ground cable for the W20 and I bet connecting the switch would be beneficial as well.

How is the Gobel Ethernet cable? Did you use anything before or compare? just curious...

Dave

Previously (I still have it), I had AQ Diamond. This is a great cable, but the Göbel achieves the same extension in treble but in a silky way a greater extension in bass and in orchestral music, a body and texture superior to the AQ.
    Francisco

Gigafoil and ifi supply will arrive next week to feed my dCS Vivaldi upsampler. Unfortunately l'll be in Portland for work , and testing will have to wait till next weekend.

Will be using basic Cat6 cables to start and will be looking to upgrade the cable on the Gigafoil output once I get a baseline established on the sound.

GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    Hi Dave.
    I do not suggest anything in particular, Aqvox, GigaFoil, EtheRegen ...... My point was the importance of taking care of that part of digital reproduction. As far as I'm concerned, I'm willing to wait for EtherRegen and I trust it to be a better product than my Aqvox. I do not know if a GigaFoil would still improve the sound ..... I think that this is a field in which much progress is being made in knowledge and better products will appear every time.
    And now to complicate it even more; If someone is interested, try to connect an Entreq ground cable with an RJ45 connector to an Entreq box to a free port on the Switch ... maybe you will be surprised.
    I use a QKore 6 and run a RJ45 ground to the switch. This was done well after the AQVox SE was in and well before Gigafoil was put in but the Nordost Ethernet cables were before all of this. I wrote about this somewhere on here, and yes it made a considerable difference.

I also put the switch on Stillpoints Ultra SS with a HRS Damping block weighting it down - this was all cumulative with Gigafoil icing the cake with subtle gains but it did, it’s just down to budgets.

Zero regrets as each gain was not subtle up to GigaFoil and each did not break the bank like an Odin Power Cable - but as I said, I’m an Audio Junkie

Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

I can attest that what Ultra (Ed) is doing is correct. I went to an audio show last night and Ed's setup whiped the floor on their similar setup. They were demoing the same amps and speakers with Audioquest Dragon cords. Full DCS stack. Ultra does not have near the investment in digital, yet he tuned it all and has achieved the pinnacle of results per the devices he utilizes. He also came to my house and said pull this forward, twist this a little this and that. In the end was all better. I trust his ears abd what he is advocating.

I'd rather have Ed's Nyquist II over the DCS stack any day in spite of Kuoppis's posts so he has spent what is appropriate to get his desired result.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Just took delivery on the Keces P3 linear power supply for my GigaFoilv4 Ethernet Filter and the Keces P8 linear power supply for my Roon Nucleus Plus. Stay tuned for a full report.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    Previously (I still have it), I had AQ Diamond. This is a great cable, but the Göbel achieves the same extension in treble but in a silky way a greater extension in bass and in orchestral music, a body and texture superior to the AQ.
    Hi Francisco,

What conductors does the Gobel use and what is the price? Have you listened to the Sablon?

Thanks,
    Ken

Hi Ken.
    I did not listen to the Sablon, although the references are very good.
    The tariff price in Europe of the Göbel Ethernet is € 4500.
    Regarding the conductors I'm sorry I can not help you, I'll attach what the website says:

After a research time of over 10 years with thousands of listening hours of countless carefully evaluated variations and combinations of different conductor materials, conductor alloy materials, dielectric isolation materials, specific geometries, specific resonance control devices, cable treatments (cryogenic processings, heat processings, …), connectors, connection methods, … we developed our world wide unique benchmark cable series Lacorde Statement which we think is the best you will ever hear!Regards
    Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    I use a QKore 6 and run a RJ45 ground to the switch. This was done well after the AQVox SE was in and well before Gigafoil was put in but the Nordost Ethernet cables were before all of this. I wrote about this somewhere on here, and yes it made a considerable difference.

I also put the switch on Stillpoints Ultra SS with a HRS Damping block weighting it down - this was all cumulative with Gigafoil icing the cake with subtle gains but it did, it’s just down to budgets.

Zero regrets as each gain was not subtle up to GigaFoil and each did not break the bank like an Odin Power Cable - but as I said, I’m an Audio Junkie

From Audio Junkie to Audio Junkie.
    The internet signal reaches the kitchen of my house transported in fiber optics. It reaches the device that transforms the fiber optic signal and transmits it to the Router.
    Both devices are powered by an LPSU of Kenneth Lau, which in turn is powered by a Shunyata Alfa NR cable to the wall. Each of these two devices has an Entreq Eartha Apollo Infinity RJ45 cable and goes to an Entreq Silver Minimus box. The connection between these two devices is made by an AQ Diamond cable.
    Now from the Router comes a Cinnamon AQ cable that goes through the wall to the living room, where is the Aqvox Switch. This is powered by a second LPSU of Kenneth Lau, which in turn is powered by a Shunyata Alpha NR cable that goes to a Shunyata Denali socket. From the Aqvox comes an Entreq Eartha Olympus Infinity RJ45 cable, which goes to an Olympus Minimus box (next week I'll exchange it for an Olympus Infinity).
    As my LPSU Kenneth Lau has the floating output, in the connector that enters the Aqvox is joined another connector of a cable Entreq Eartha Apollo Infinity with a Schuko false connector that goes to the wall and puts the Aqvox to ground.
    Who said that this hobby was not fun!
    Francisco

Francisco

Francisco

Francisco

Francisco

Francisco

Well.....I called my local Hifi salesman whom informed me he preferred the term “audio consultant “ better, and I placed an order for a Gigafoil V4 and one of dem Feces power supplies. Can’t wait to see what it does for my system!
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    Well.....I called my local Hifi salesman whom informed me he preferred the term “audio consultant “ better, and I placed an order for a Gigafoil V4 and one of dem Feces power supplies. Can’t wait to see what it does for my system!
    You’ll really appreciate the Keces is no “Feces” GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Just took delivery on the Keces P3 linear power supply for my GigaFoilv4 Ethernet Filter and the Keces P8 linear power supply for my Roon Nucleus Plus. Stay tuned for a full report.

Ken
    I added the Keces P3 LPS for my DJM GigaFoilv4 Ethernet Filter and the Keces P8 LPS for my Roon Nucleus Plus today. The improvement I’m already hearing is significant. More ease in the entire presentation, greater body in the midrange and more defined and deeper reaching bass. I never expected to hear this sort of an improvement from a couple of power supplies. It is truly astounding. Thanks Mike for finding these and getting them in my system!

Ken

Has anyone compared the Keces with the Sbooster with the Foil?

My Keces P3 arrived today! Happy Spring Break to me. Ken's post sounds promising, i'll report back tomorrow.

Dave

I would hope everyone has a separate power supply for their modem & not the generic one it came with.

Quote Originally Posted by bzr View Post
    I would hope everyone has a separate power supply for their modem & not the generic one it came with.
    Hope is for Sundays but power supplies for modems I have wondered about. What kind of Modem do you run, and is it a combination router/modem? What was your gain?

Quote Originally Posted by bzr View Post
    Yep, Sbooster MKII on router. Since router in office, using a modified (replaced cable with Furutech) CPT 300. Basically a balanced power cable for 1 component and made a HUGE improvement.

https://positive-feedback.com/review...-equicore-300/

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Hope is for Sundays but power supplies for modems I have wondered about. What kind of Modem do you run, and is it a combination router/modem? What was your gain?
    I use a generic nbn Australian Huawei router but the sbooster power supply makes a difference with it.

If one has the GigaFoil piece, does it matter if one has a separate router or is using the cable modem as a router?

Thanks

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team