GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter - Page 38
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    I had some experience connecting my Cisco switch directly to my Lumin X1 using Fiber cable. I also made the connection using an FMC on one end. I liked the results enough to purchase a Gigafoil under the misconception that I could somehow affect my whole network with one Gigafoil.

I'm using the Gigafoil between my switch and my Lumin X1. I use an Ansuz D2 Ethernet cable from the switch to the Gigafoil and an Ansuz Mainz X Ethernet cable from the Gigafoil to the Lumin X1.

I began with my go-to Ethernet cable out of the Gigafoil, a Nordost Haimdall 2. I was disappointed in the results so I tried the X-series and the results are more than satisfying. This provided the most detail along with warmth and presence.

I had already invested in the Ansuz D2 before buying the Gigafoil. I might have got along with a less costly cable between the switch and the Gigafoil. The D2 is four times the price of the X-series. The Ansuz X-series ethernet cable is about the same price as the Haimdall, $800+ for a 2 meter cable. I've replaced the Haimdall 2 with the Ansuz X in two places, Gigafoil to Lumin X1 and switch to Lumin L1. In both cases the Ansuz X is clearly better. I've ordered two more X-series from Denmark to use in my network.

The Haimdall's have one major advantage, they are far more flexible. Connecting the Gigafoil between the two big, stiff Ansuz cables makes cable dressing impossible.

I do have an aftermarket power supply for the Gigafoil, an iPower.
    I’m following your journey! Looking forward to hearing how things progress.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike. My new AQVox switch is due to arrive today. More Ansuz Mainz X Ethernets in a couple of weeks. It seems I've spent my whole audiophile life waiting for something to arrive or something to break-in.

I thought long and hard about obtaining AudioQuest Diamonds from you rather than the Ansuz kit but old habits are hard to break. Fortunately, I'm pleased with the results.

BTW, the Lumin L1 is an expensive NAS but it works beautifully and sounds better than my Synology NAS. It's small, simple to use and beautiful. I wish it was black to go with my X1.
    Bud
    Naim Uniti Nova all-in-one - Lumin X1 Audiophile Streaming Platform W/L1 Library module - Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers - Skylan speaker stands - Quadraspire SVT Equipment Stand - Naim Super Lumina Speaker Cables - Chord Super Sarum IC's - Ansuz Mainz D8 power distributor - Ansuz Mainz C2 Power Cables. - Ansuz Ethernet Cables - AQVOX Network Switch - Nordost Heimdall Headphone Cables - Sennheiser HD-800S and Audeze LCD 4 headphones

Post Thanks / Like

This thread has opened my eyes to the potential SQ improvement hidden in my ethernet chain. As a devote digital only music lover streaming from Tidal/Qobuz and from my NAS, I had always thought that signal was ‘bits are bits’. Boy was I wrong.

The addition of a Gigafoil v4 and Keces P3 and most recently a 9 meter run of Supra Cat 8+ Ethernet cable have in total, kicked my system up a notch or two. It is simple more cohesive/seamless - integrated.

Thabk you to all you pioneers for showing me there was ‘more’ out there!
    Main system - Sonus Faber Stradivari, McIntosh C1100 with Stillpoint minis, MC2301s with Stillpont Ultra SS footers, Esoteric K-03X on Stillpoint Ultra SS, Cybershaft Limited OP17 Master Clock on Stillpoint Minis, Shunyata Alpha Clock 75 & Alpha USB Cables, Silenzio by E - Silent PC Media Server, GigaFoil v4, Keces P3, Supra Cat 8+ and Revelation Audio Ethernet cables, Synology NAS. JL Audio CR-1 crossover, JL audio F-113v2 subwoofer, PS Audio P10, Dectet, Power Ports and Noise Harvesters - Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker cables, Silver Eclipse 7 ICs and Silver Elektra 7 PCs, Vicoustics, GIK & Stillpoint Room treatments. Three dedicated 20 Amp lines

TV Room - Revel F52, C32, B&W LM1, McIntosh MX121, McIntosh MC7106, OPPO 103, Sonos Connect / W4S Remedy

Resting - Infinity RS IIa

4. Thanks Mike thanked for this post
    Likes UltraFast69, Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
    This thread has opened my eyes to the potential SQ improvement hidden in my ethernet chain. As a devote digital only music lover streaming from Tidal/Qobuz and from my NAS, I had always thought that signal was ‘bits are bits’. Boy was I wrong.

The addition of a Gigafoil v4 and Keces P3 and most recently a 9 meter run of Supra Cat 8+ Ethernet cable have in total, kicked my system up a notch or two. It is simple more cohesive/seamless - integrated.

Good to hear your getting positive results from the upgrades. I've put Supra ethernet cables throughout my digital end with the exception of a Cardas ethernet from the GigaFoil to my preamp. The Supra cable are a affordable way to upgrade IMO.
    Speakers: Magico A3 with Cardas Clear Cygnus speaker cables
    Amp: Bryston 4BSST, Cardas Clear Cygnus power cable
    Preamp: NAD M12 Cardas Clear Cygnus power cable, XLR interconnect
    Lunin T2 Cardas Cat7 Ethernet cable Cardas Clear Cygnus power cable
    Keces P3 powering GigaFoilv4,Modem Supra Cat8 Ethernet cables
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205 Cardas Clear Cygnus power cable, XLR interconnect
    Subs: SVS SB1000 x 2 AudioQuest NRG-Y2 power cable
    HTPC/Streamer: Windows 10pro HTPC//Tital/Qobuz/JRivers via Roon Core USB/HDMI/iPad Pro
    Power Conditioner: Monster HTS5000,VanEvers model 85 Reference line cleaner, AudioQuest Niagra 1000 line conditioner

6. Likes UltraFast69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crwilli View Post

Hi Craig,

I've seen many folks state that many things cannot possibly impact digital playback because, "Bits are Bits".

The reality is that digital playback stream is not comprised of "bits". Bits are only the format in which the data is stored, essentially. What is actually being "transferred" in any digital playback system are analog square waves, which I'm sure you know are very hard to pass perfectly.

In metallic conductors, e.g., Ethernet cables and USB cables, the signal tranmission of these analog square waves are susceptible, as you have found out, to EMI/RFI 'contamination" which impacts the shape and timing of these square waves. They are also susceptible, as I just found out in the last week, to low-impedance and high-impedance leakage currents. These leakage currents are AC harmonic currents (at 60, 120, 180 Hz) cause ground loops that travel down metallic conductors and are also deleterious to signal quality. Your GigaFOIL does not pass these, but it does pass...clock phase noise, which can arise from these leakage currents and the poor clocks in everything upstream of your DAC (e.g. routers, Wifi Extenders, Ethernet switches, FMCs, etc., etc.). The biggest culprits for the low- and high-impedance leakage currents are the notorious SMPS: switch mode power supplies. If you want to take your system further, replace every SMPS in your playback chain (including the cable modem, router, Ethernet switch) with a proper linear power supply.

While using ifber will block the leakage currents from passing "down the line", it does not prevent clock phase noise.

Here is John Swenson, who discovered the high-impedance leakage currents only at the end of 2017, discussing clock phase noise as it pertains to the development of the forthcoming EtherREGEN from Uptone Audio:

"The understanding of "isolation" in digital audio has been my passion for at least 10 years. There is a LOT of misunderstanding on the subject floating around in audio circles. Here is a quick summary of my current understanding and how the current products fit in with this.

There seems to be TWO independent mechanisms involved: leakage current and clock phase noise. Various amounts of these two exist in any system. Different "isolation" technologies out there address one or the other, but very rarely both at the same time. Some technologies that attenuate one actually increase the other. Thus the massively confusing information out there.

Leakage current is a property of power supplies. It is the leakage of AC mains frequency (50/60 Hz) into the DC output. It is usually common mode (ie exists on BOTH the + and - wires at the same time, this makes it a bit difficult to see. There seems to be two different types, one that comes from linear supplies and is fairly easy to block, and an additional type that comes from SMPS and is MUCH harder to block. An SMPS contains BOTH types. They are BOTH line frequency.

Unfortunately in our modern times where essentially all computer equipment is powered by SMPS we have to deal with this situation of both leakage types coming down cables from our computer equipment. There are many devices on the market (I have designed some of them) for both USB and Ethernet, most can deal with the type from linear supplies but only a few can deal with the type from SMPS.

Optical connections (when the power supplies are completely isolated from each other) CAN completely block all forms of leakage, it is extremely effective. Optical takes care of leakage, but does not deal with the second mechanism.

Clock phase noise

Phase noise is a frequency measurement of "jitter", yes that term that is so completely mis-understood in audio circles that I'm not going to use it. Phase noise is a way to look at the frequency spectrum of jitter, the reason to use it is that there seems to be fairly decent correlation to sound quality. Note this has nothing to do with "pico seconds" or "femto seconds". Forget those terms, they do not directly have meaning in audio, what matters is the phase noise. Ynfortunately phase noise is shown on a graph, not a single number, so it is much harder to directly compare units. This subject is HUGE and I'm not going to go into any more detail here.

Different oscillators (the infamous "clocks" that get talked about) can have radically different phase noise. The level of phase noise that is very good for digital audio is very difficult to achieve and costs money. The corollary is that the cheap clocks used in most computer equipment (including network equipment) produce phase noise that is very bad for digital audio.

The important thing to understand is that ALL digital signals carry the "fingerprint" of the clock used to produce them. When a signal coming from a box with cheap clocks comes into a box (via Ethernet or USB etc) with a much better clock, the higher level of phase noise carried on the data signal can contaminate the phase noise of the "good" clock in the second box. Exactly how this happens is complicated, I've written about this in detail if you want to look it up and see what is going on.

The contamination is not complete, every time the signal gets "reclocked" by a much better clock the resulting signal carries an attenuated version of the first clock layered on top of the fingerprint of the second clock. The word "reclocked" just means the signal is regenerated by a circuit fed a different clock. It may be a better or a worse clock, reclocking doesn't always make things better!

As an example if you start with an Ethernet signal coming out of a cheap switch, the clock fingerprint is going to be pretty bad. If this goes into a circuit with a VERY good clock, the signal coming out contains a reduced fingerprint from the first clock layered on top of the good clock. If you feed THIS signal into another circuit with a very good clock, the fingerprint from the original clock gets reduced even further. But if you feed this signal into a box with a bad clock, you are back to a signal with a bad fingerprint.

The summary is that stringing together devices with GOOD clocking can dramatically attenuate the results of an upstream bad clock.

The latest devices form Sonore take on BOTH of these mechanisms that effect sound: optical for blocking leakage and multiple reclocking with very good clocks. The optical part should be obvious. A side benefit of the optical circuit is that is completely regenerates the signal with a VERY low phase noise clock, this is a one step reclocking. It attenuates effects from upstream circuits but does not completely get rid of them. This is where the opticalModule comes into play, if you put an opticalModule in the path to the opticalRendu you are adding another reclocking with VERY good clocking. The result is a very large attenuation of upstream effects. It's not completely zero, but it is close.

The fact that the opticalRendu is a one stage reclocking (which leaves some effects from upstage circuits) is why changing switches etc can still make a difference. Adding an OpticalModule between the switch and opticalRendu reduces that down to vanishingly small differences.

So an optical module by itself adds both leakage elimination and significant clock effects attenuation. TWO optical modules in series give you the two level reclocking .
    - John Swenson

Bottom-line: Your GigaFOIL is great for preventing leakage currents, but will do nothing to prevent clock phase noise. The most important thing one can do is to ensure that you have the maximal quality clocks from the source to the playback device. This is why putting Ethernet switches, or OpticalModules in series helps with clock phase noise.

Best,
    Stephen

8. Likes UltraFast69, Kuoppis, aKnyght, kzhtoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Stephen, nice write-up.

In your view, would there be a way to create a perfect signal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond Phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Diamond RJ45 + AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Post Thanks / Like

Puma,

I have never heard a straight answer on which Clock is doing what until your post, and still need to read this probably a few more times.

When I break it down, I can see why each category is so close, and the N10 from the SSD beats the Oppo Transport

When streaming;

AQVox SE - Clock
    Gigafoil
    Aurender N10 - Clock
    Brinkmann Nyquist MK II - Clock

When playing from the N10:

Aurender N10 - Clock

When playing from the Oppo Transport:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3 & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for the Gigafoil v4, modem, routers and switches.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Puma,

I have never heard a straight answer on which Clock is doing what until your post, and still need to read this probably a few more times.

When I break it down, I can see why each category is so close, and the N10 from the SSD beats the Oppo Transport

When streaming;

AQVox SE - Clock
    Gigafoil
    Aurender N10 - Clock

When playing from the N10:

Aurender N10 - Clock

When playing from the Oppo Transport:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yup.

I only learned of a lot of this in the last week or so, but I will admit I have reading and researching about it extensively.

Another key factor that plays into this is effective grounding as well, but that's another digression.

I have come to the conclusion, though, that the old saw, "Bits are bits" is bullish*t.

12. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    I had some experience connecting my Cisco switch directly to my Lumin X1 using Fiber cable. I also made the connection using an FMC on one end. I liked the results enough to purchase a Gigafoil under the misconception that I could somehow affect my whole network with one Gigafoil.

I'm using the Gigafoil between my switch and my Lumin X1. I use an Ansuz D2 Ethernet cable from the switch to the Gigafoil and an Ansuz Mainz X Ethernet cable from the Gigafoil to the Lumin X1.

I began with my go-to Ethernet cable out of the Gigafoil, a Nordost Haimdall 2. I was disappointed in the results so I tried the X-series and the results are more than satisfying. This provided the most detail along with warmth and presence.

I had already invested in the Ansuz D2 before buying the Gigafoil. I might have got along with a less costly cable between the switch and the Gigafoil. The D2 is four times the price of the X-series. The Ansuz X-series ethernet cable is about the same price as the Haimdall, $800+ for a 2 meter cable. I've replaced the Haimdall 2 with the Ansuz X in two places, Gigafoil to Lumin X1 and switch to Lumin L1. In both cases the Ansuz X is clearly better. I've ordered two more X-series from Denmark to use in my network.

The Haimdall's have one major advantage, they are far more flexible. Connecting the Gigafoil between the two big, stiff Ansuz cables makes cable dressing impossible.

I do have an aftermarket power supply for the Gigafoil, an iPower.
    Thank you for the reply and the efforts undertaken to optimise the noise reduction of Ethernet. I also had the Heimdall in mind, but now hesitate based on your experience with them. For the FMC route, each FMC needs a PSU, and the costs start to climb, so am leaning away from this complexity . I try to keep it simple with a JCAT NET FEMTO at the music server, 25m cat 5 direct to a Lumin U1. The sound is very good, great image, the Gigafoil appeals since it is one stop, and not spread out over many devices to remove that last bit of noise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    Hi Craig,

I've seen many folks state that many things cannot possibly impact digital playback because, "Bits are Bits".

The reality is that digital playback stream is not comprised of "bits". Bits are only the format in which the data is stored, essentially. What is actually being "transferred" in any digital playback system are analog square waves, which I'm sure you know are very hard to pass perfectly.

In metallic conductors, e.g., Ethernet cables and USB cables, the signal tranmission of these analog square waves are susceptible, as you have found out, to EMI/RFI 'contamination" which impacts the shape and timing of these square waves. They are also susceptible, as I just found out in the last week, to low-impedance and high-impedance leakage currents. These leakage currents are AC harmonic currents (at 60, 120, 180 Hz) cause ground loops that travel down metallic conductors and are also deleterious to signal quality. Your GigaFOIL does not pass these, but it does pass...clock phase noise, which can arise from these leakage currents and the poor clocks in everything upstream of your DAC (e.g. routers, Wifi Extenders, Ethernet switches, FMCs, etc., etc.). The biggest culprits for the low- and high-impedance leakage currents are the notorious SMPS: switch mode power supplies. If you want to take your system further, replace every SMPS in your playback chain (including the cable modem, router, Ethernet switch) with a proper linear power supply.

While using ifber will block the leakage currents from passing "down the line", it does not prevent clock phase noise.

Here is John Swenson, who discovered the high-impedance leakage currents only at the end of 2017, discussing clock phase noise as it pertains to the development of the forthcoming EtherREGEN from Uptone Audio:

"The understanding of "isolation" in digital audio has been my passion for at least 10 years. There is a LOT of misunderstanding on the subject floating around in audio circles. Here is a quick summary of my current understanding and how the current products fit in with this.

There seems to be TWO independent mechanisms involved: leakage current and clock phase noise. Various amounts of these two exist in any system. Different "isolation" technologies out there address one or the other, but very rarely both at the same time. Some technologies that attenuate one actually increase the other. Thus the massively confusing information out there.

Leakage current is a property of power supplies. It is the leakage of AC mains frequency (50/60 Hz) into the DC output. It is usually common mode (ie exists on BOTH the + and - wires at the same time, this makes it a bit difficult to see. There seems to be two different types, one that comes from linear supplies and is fairly easy to block, and an additional type that comes from SMPS and is MUCH harder to block. An SMPS contains BOTH types. They are BOTH line frequency.

Unfortunately in our modern times where essentially all computer equipment is powered by SMPS we have to deal with this situation of both leakage types coming down cables from our computer equipment. There are many devices on the market (I have designed some of them) for both USB and Ethernet, most can deal with the type from linear supplies but only a few can deal with the type from SMPS.

Optical connections (when the power supplies are completely isolated from each other) CAN completely block all forms of leakage, it is extremely effective. Optical takes care of leakage, but does not deal with the second mechanism.

Clock phase noise

Phase noise is a frequency measurement of "jitter", yes that term that is so completely mis-understood in audio circles that I'm not going to use it. Phase noise is a way to look at the frequency spectrum of jitter, the reason to use it is that there seems to be fairly decent correlation to sound quality. Note this has nothing to do with "pico seconds" or "femto seconds". Forget those terms, they do not directly have meaning in audio, what matters is the phase noise. Ynfortunately phase noise is shown on a graph, not a single number, so it is much harder to directly compare units. This subject is HUGE and I'm not going to go into any more detail here.

Different oscillators (the infamous "clocks" that get talked about) can have radically different phase noise. The level of phase noise that is very good for digital audio is very difficult to achieve and costs money. The corollary is that the cheap clocks used in most computer equipment (including network equipment) produce phase noise that is very bad for digital audio.

The important thing to understand is that ALL digital signals carry the "fingerprint" of the clock used to produce them. When a signal coming from a box with cheap clocks comes into a box (via Ethernet or USB etc) with a much better clock, the higher level of phase noise carried on the data signal can contaminate the phase noise of the "good" clock in the second box. Exactly how this happens is complicated, I've written about this in detail if you want to look it up and see what is going on.

The contamination is not complete, every time the signal gets "reclocked" by a much better clock the resulting signal carries an attenuated version of the first clock layered on top of the fingerprint of the second clock. The word "reclocked" just means the signal is regenerated by a circuit fed a different clock. It may be a better or a worse clock, reclocking doesn't always make things better!

As an example if you start with an Ethernet signal coming out of a cheap switch, the clock fingerprint is going to be pretty bad. If this goes into a circuit with a VERY good clock, the signal coming out contains a reduced fingerprint from the first clock layered on top of the good clock. If you feed THIS signal into another circuit with a very good clock, the fingerprint from the original clock gets reduced even further. But if you feed this signal into a box with a bad clock, you are back to a signal with a bad fingerprint.

The summary is that stringing together devices with GOOD clocking can dramatically attenuate the results of an upstream bad clock.

The latest devices form Sonore take on BOTH of these mechanisms that effect sound: optical for blocking leakage and multiple reclocking with very good clocks. The optical part should be obvious. A side benefit of the optical circuit is that is completely regenerates the signal with a VERY low phase noise clock, this is a one step reclocking. It attenuates effects from upstream circuits but does not completely get rid of them. This is where the opticalModule comes into play, if you put an opticalModule in the path to the opticalRendu you are adding another reclocking with VERY good clocking. The result is a very large attenuation of upstream effects. It's not completely zero, but it is close.

The fact that the opticalRendu is a one stage reclocking (which leaves some effects from upstage circuits) is why changing switches etc can still make a difference. Adding an OpticalModule between the switch and opticalRendu reduces that down to vanishingly small differences.

So an optical module by itself adds both leakage elimination and significant clock effects attenuation. TWO optical modules in series give you the two level reclocking .
    - John Swenson

Bottom-line: Your GigaFOIL is great for preventing leakage currents, but will do nothing to prevent clock phase noise. The most important thing one can do is to ensure that you have the maximal quality clocks from the source to the playback device. This is why putting Ethernet switches, or OpticalModules in series helps with clock phase noise.

Best,
    Stephen
    I have read where people have connected two of the SoTM switches with external clock inputs together with a common external Master Clock and achieves the best they have heard in their systems. That result is consistent with what Mr. Swenson is talking about. While my Cybershaft can serve as the Master Clock for more devices and the view at the top of that hill may be better, it would be a very steep hill to climb for me. Two of those switches plus two more Shunyata Alpha cables would bring me over $5,000. But I am watching and learning and very interested in next steps.
    Main system - Sonus Faber Stradivari, McIntosh C1100 with Stillpoint minis, MC2301s with Stillpont Ultra SS footers, Esoteric K-03X on Stillpoint Ultra SS, Cybershaft Limited OP17 Master Clock on Stillpoint Minis, Shunyata Alpha Clock 75 & Alpha USB Cables, Silenzio by E - Silent PC Media Server, GigaFoil v4, Keces P3, Supra Cat 8+ and Revelation Audio Ethernet cables, Synology NAS. JL Audio CR-1 crossover, JL audio F-113v2 subwoofer, PS Audio P10, Dectet, Power Ports and Noise Harvesters - Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker cables, Silver Eclipse 7 ICs and Silver Elektra 7 PCs, Vicoustics, GIK & Stillpoint Room treatments. Three dedicated 20 Amp lines

TV Room - Revel F52, C32, B&W LM1, McIntosh MX121, McIntosh MC7106, OPPO 103, Sonos Connect / W4S Remedy

Resting - Infinity RS IIa

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast