Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    King,
    Any experience with Uptone Audio UltraCap 1.2 LPS or Paul Hynes SR4 & SR7?
    I'm using ultracap 1.0 LPS works fine after getting 2.1 to 2.5mm adapter and then set it to 5v. I am awaiting a more formal cable to convert 2.1 directly from LPS from Ghent audio gothem quad design cable. Alex C. from Uptone recommended them. They are closed till after chinese new year.
    Nick

Main system :TAD CR1 speakers, Viola Labs Symphony amp,Pass XP-20 preamp., MSB Discrete DAC with twin power supplies and V2 Renderer module, Gigafoil V4 inline ethernet filter with uptone LPS-1 power supply with Ghent audio Gotham 2.1mm to 2.5mm cable and AG diamond ethernet cable, Sonicorbitor Roon Audiophile 6 TB network server-player , MG Audio Design Planus III jumpers & speaker cables, Zitron Cobra power cords, Shunyata Hydra AV, and acoustic zen absolute copper IC,. Room treatment ASC tower traps, Vicoustic absorber premium cinema wall and ceiling panels, and MSR acoustic trifusser side wall panel

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    King,
    Any experience with Uptone Audio UltraCap 1.2 LPS or Paul Hynes SR4 & SR7?
    Sorry but no on both.....

The Sbooster MkII is what I'm using now
    "We all know real when we hear it"

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    UltraCap 1.2 LPS is much better sounding than the iPower. I have compared them on my SOtM sMS-200 endpoint and W4S Recovery USB reclocker and the difference was well worth the $400 extra.

The UltraCap 1.2 LPS is based on the latest wonder chip - LT3045 Ultra Low Noise LDO Voltage Regulator, which has ultralow RMS noise @ <0.8µV and ultrahigh PSRR @ 76dB at 1MHz. Those are absolute class leading figures. Components of that quality were simply not available just a few years ago.

I'm about to order alternative voltage regulators (since the LPS-1.2 is in fact an advanced voltage regulator, and requires another PSU to drive it) based on same LT3045 chips:

http://www.ldovr.com/product-p/dxp-1a5s.htm

They are only $95 (plus say $49 for the ifi iPower to drive it), so 4x less than LPS-1.2.

I will be ordering two to drive my two Ethernet switches (a regular TP-Link and the new SotM switch that I just bought).
    Adam,
    Thanks! Great information. I'll look into the product you mentioned.

Jim,
    I'm curious how the SR7 would compare. It's pricey if I remember.

Dave
    Speaker: Rockport Avior & Mira, B&W 803 D
    Amp: Nagra HD Monos, McIntosh Mc303 & 601
    Pre: Nagra HD pre
    Source: Esoteric K-01X & G-01, Aurender W20
    Cable: Transparent Ref Gen 5 SC & Ref XL PC
    Grounding: Tripoint Elite, Thor SE, Emperor Mkii

Are you guys saying an inexpensive PS, followed by a good VR = a very good overall PS.

Anyone try an Optical Rendu. I don't have an ethernet renderer. Though I could kill 2 birds so to speak. Optical isolation and diversify the chores Roon performs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    Are you guys saying an inexpensive PS, followed by a good VR = a very good overall PS.
    Hi Rex,

The reason we upgrade to a high quality LPS is to eliminate noise on the ethernet line before it reaches the DAC. The GigaFoilv4 eliminates 99.99999999% of the noise on the line according to their specs. So, the upgrades that will overwhelmingly make the most difference in sound quality are at or after the ethernet filter. So, add a high quality LPS like the Keces P3 to power the GigaFoilv4 and the highest quality and best insulated ethernet cable between the GigaFoilv4 and the DAC. What’s done upstream of the GigaFoilv4 to reduce noise in terms of high end ethernet cables and LPS is belt and suspenders.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Anyone try 2 Gigafoils in their system...one on the renderer line and one on the core line?
    "We all know real when we hear it"

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Hi Rex,

The reason we upgrade to a high quality LPS is to eliminate noise on the ethernet line before it reaches the DAC. The GigaFoilv4 eliminates 99.99999999% of the noise on the line according to their specs. So, the upgrades that will overwhelmingly make the most difference in sound quality are at or after the ethernet filter. So, add a high quality LPS like the Keces P3 to power the GigaFoilv4 and the highest quality and best insulated ethernet cable between the GigaFoilv4 and the DAC. What’s done upstream of the GigaFoilv4 to reduce noise in terms of high end ethernet cables and LPS is belt and suspenders.

Best,
    Ken
    How is the Ethernet noise being measured? And again, is it correct that you can't hear this Ethernet noise when you have your preamp turned up to where you would normally listen to your DAC and you unmute your preamp with no music playing?
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Ken, I'm wondering if I can get an Ifi PS and put the regulator used in the LPS 1.2 behind it and get Ultracap quality sound.

Most decent PS I see are in the $800 and greater price range. $200 for 80% or more of they performance is interesting.

fascinating thread which i have been following with great interest.

as i understand it, the gigaFoil v4 is an opto-isolator. here, the basic underlying concept is to convert the incoming electrical signal to an optical signal which provides (almost) perfect galvanic isolation, thereby, filtering/removing all the accumulated upstream electrical noise from the signal. the "clean" optical signal is then converted back to an electrical signal before exiting the device. extrapolating this to the larger audio world...

1) the same principle would seem to be at work in optical s/pdif connections.

2) SFP optical network input of the type used in some lumin network players would seem to be the future.

just thinking out loud and i have no deep knowledge in this area -- very happy to be corrected.
    viking acoustics berlin r mk2 | almarro a318b + air tight atc-5 (phono) | clearaudio concept + virtuoso v2 MM | t+a dac8 dsd + diy transport + roon rock
    alp-tone audio analog cables | core audio designs plyKraft 3L | hifi racks ltd podium t5-iii

Ken, I'm wondering if I can get an Ifi PS and put the regulator used in the LPS 1.2 behind it and get Ultracap quality sound.
    Do you mean using an IFI as an energizing suppy for the UpTone LPS 1.2,
    or using the LT3045 regulator devices as used inside the LPS 1.2 ?

I have built a very nice semi-DIY LPSU for my digital audio using various regulator modules, to get hi end performance on the cheap.

The other question is what voltage and current do you need ?
    Analog: modded Yamaha PX-2, Denon DL-103r, MFA Magus preamp, Mogami/Vampire/DIY cables
    Digital: Firewire ext. HDD, modded Mac Mini server, Intona/Regen/Curious USB chain, (3x)ultralow noise LPSUs
    2-channel: Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Crown XLS2500, Acoustat Spectra 3300, (2x)Velodyne 12" servo subs
    Other: OPPO BDP-103, DIY and Nordost Blue Heaven cables, all speakers and gear floated on DIY rollerblocks

Quote Originally Posted by aKnyght View Post
    the "clean" optical signal is then converted back to an electrical signal before exiting the device. extrapolating this to the larger audio world...

1) the same principle would seem to be at work in optical s/pdif connections.

2) SFP optical network input of the type used in some lumin network players would seem to be the future.
    1) Yes: Toslink would be free of signal noise, but in typical implementations it introduces more jitter due to conversion, because the clock is embedded inside the SPDIF signal (synchronous). With optical conversion of Ethernet, it is not sensitive to jitter because the network player will use its own clock (asynchronous).
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    1) Yes: Toslink would be free of signal noise, but in typical implementations it introduces more jitter, because the clock is embedded inside the SPDIF signal (synchronous). With optical conversion of Ethernet, it is not sensitive to jitter because the network player will use its own clock (asynchronous).
    thanks -- fortunately my dac will switch over to its internal clock, given a source signal of sufficient quality. so, in my case optical s/pdif is a good way eliminate upstream electrical noise in the signal... but, only up to 96kHz.

converting the parts of a LAN serving an audio system to fiber with routers/switches having SFP ports which then connect to components having SPF inputs or (less optimally) media converters would seem to be the future.

again, my knowledge is limited here.
    viking acoustics berlin r mk2 | almarro a318b + air tight atc-5 (phono) | clearaudio concept + virtuoso v2 MM | t+a dac8 dsd + diy transport + roon rock
    alp-tone audio analog cables | core audio designs plyKraft 3L | hifi racks ltd podium t5-iii

I have a J cat Net Card Femto to a local router to the AQVOX SE Switch. This is connected to the GigaFoil V4 that I recieved yesterday. I can tell you the GigaFoil made a bigger difference than the AQVOX switch. This thing has transformed my digital. I am thrilled. I have not tried changing the power supply to the Gigafoil as I love the sound the way it is. I am using the best Wireworld through out. I even ordered Sablon cables and received them yesterday, thinking the brightness I was getting was do to the Wireworld. I have no desire to even try the Sablon. Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
    I have a J cat Net Card Femto to a local router to the AQVOX SE Switch. This is connected to the GigaFoil V4 that I recieved yesterday. I can tell you the GigaFoil made a bigger difference than the AQVOX switch. This thing has transformed my digital. I am thrilled. I have not tried changing the power supply to the Gigafoil as I love the sound the way it is. I am using the best Wireworld through out. I even ordered Sablon cables and received them yesterday, thinking the brightness I was getting was do to the Wireworld. I have no desire to even try the Sablon. Jeff
    Why not try the Sablon since you have them?

My hunch is a new linear power supply will do you right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Hi Jeff,

Upgrade the power supply. The stock one isn’t very good. Even the $50 IFI power supply makes a substantial improvement. The Keces P3 will make even more of an improvement but costs more.

Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Thank you Jeff for the info. Have you compared Gigafoil alone in the chain vs. Gigafoil + AQVOX SE in the chain?

I think the question a few of us wondering is if Gigafoil further improves a system that already has AQVOX SE.

I already told you that I have the aqvox and when I added the foil to the mix the sound improved. I think what your saying is can you go right from router to foil with same effects?

Ken what would be better for the foil Keces or Sbooster?

Ken what would be better for the foil Keces or Sbooster?
    Jeff,

I’ve not done a direct comparison. I know people that own the Keces P3 and the SBooster MkII. I’ve been told that both are excellent and significantly better than the IFI that I own.

Ken

I already told you that I have the aqvox and when I added the foil to the mix the sound improved. I think what your saying is can you go right from router to foil with same effects?
    Reading this led me to think about: what if the audiophile switch is replaced with an ordinary switch (with LPS if possible), while the keeping the GigaFoil - would there be a degradation? Based on my incomplete understanding of the theories behind these stuff, I speculate that the degradation might be negligible.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    Reading this led me to think about: what if the audiophile switch is replaced with an ordinary switch (with LPS if possible), while the keeping the GigaFoil - would there be a degradation? Based on my incomplete understanding of the theories behind these stuff, I speculate that the degradation might be negligible.
    Peter,

If all the audiophile switch does is reduce noise, then I agree with you.

Ken

In addition to lower noise, the audiophile switch also uses a good clock with low jitter for the network data packets (let's ignore the debate of whether this can improve SQ and assume it does anyway), but I suspect this benefit may be largely reduced because the conversion to optical then back to copper (for noise elimination) should affect jitter.

This is just a speculation. Experimentally anything can happen and SQ is usually system dependent and not deterministic from a single factor.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I just tried using the foil with only the local router. The result is not as good. Without the switch the inner detail is less, quietness less, and the dynamics are a little less. The switch went back in. I also tried the Sablon and so far like wireworld better. It is brighter and has more sibilants. I will put 120 hours on it and try again. I thought this was broken in already.

Interesting result with the switch and the gigafoil

Rex,

Check the previous page for a question:
    Analog: modded Yamaha PX-2, Denon DL-103r, MFA Magus preamp, Mogami/Vampire/DIY cables
    Digital: Firewire ext. HDD, modded Mac Mini server, Intona/Regen/Curious USB chain, (3x)ultralow noise LPSUs
    2-channel: Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Crown XLS2500, Acoustat Spectra 3300, (2x)Velodyne 12" servo subs
    Other: OPPO BDP-103, DIY and Nordost Blue Heaven cables, all speakers and gear floated on DIY rollerblocks

For SQ would it be better to start with gigafoil then add the switch later on or....

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Can someone start a list of all of the recommended digital dingleberries you need to make your system really shine? And digital dingleberries are anything you insert in the digital signal path that is not required to hear music play.
    I'd like to also ask politely for the recommended pieces. I've been ignorant of this thread until now because a friend really made me look at it and he's using the gigafoil with great sucess.

I don't have any audiophile switches with power supplies and better ethernet cables but have been looking. I've been afraid to just try a shotgun approach so I'd love some recommendations from my cable modem out to my audio system. I've neglected that part of the audio chain. Ignorance can be bliss.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I'd like to also ask politely for the recommended pieces. I've been ignorant of this thread until now because a friend really made me look at it and he's using the gigafoil with great sucess.

I don't have any audiophile switches with power supplies and better ethernet cables but have been looking. I've been afraid to just try a shotgun approach so I'd love some recommendations from my cable modem out to my audio system. I've neglected that part of the audio chain. Ignorance can be bliss.
    Joe, just call me! Ken and I and a few others have been working hard on this. Testing multiple power supplies and dealing with problems with NetGear products and the like. Hint: NetGear MESH products don’t work well with things like the GigaFoil. No issues with Linksys or a number of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Super Moderator

Thanks Mike, I need to ask you about this stuff. Now that the speakers, amps, and preamp are set, I need to clean up the audio chain part of it. Everything seems to matter
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Well, I'm the friend that talked with Joe about the GigaFOIL as well as the Keces P3 power supply. Here's my experience in my system so far...

First off, I already had an Audioquest Diamond ethernet cable for awhile. Now I have it running from the GigaFOIL to my Lumin and an AQ Vodka feeding the GigaFOIL.

I ordered them both from Mike at the same time but got the GigaFOIL about ten days before the Keces so I had some time to listen to it with just the stock power supply. The Keces came earlier this week and was a HUGE improvement over the stock one. In fact, to me the delta was even greater after adding the Keces than when I first inserted the plain GigaFOIL. The P3 is an impressive piece in terms of the look and build as well. I guess if there's gonna be some break-in improvement it'll only get better.

I always wondered about the whole network grunge business. I'd read about audiophile grade routers, switches, and other tweaks. I just wasn't sure what to do or what would actually help. But this thing makes sense to me since it's at the end of the chain right before the gear.

Does it work? You betcha. Everything I associate with digital is much improved. Background is cleaner, for sure. But beyond that everything's smoother, more solid, and more relaxed in a good way. There's virtually no upper midrange glare that had been there on certain recordings.

I would say if you have a decent system and stream quite a bit (whether from a NAS or music service) try it and I bet you will be pleased with the results.
    Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

Super Moderator

Rance,

Thank you so much!

I'm looking forward to better sound!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Daudio View Post
    Rex,

Was there something I was suppose to see or respond to?
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp. Audion Black Shadow 845 SET Monoblocks. Mojo Audio Deja Vu Server. Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC. Linear Solution Ethernet Switch. Gigafoil with LPS. STST Motus II TT with Vertere SG1 arm, Hana ML Cartridge, Allnic H1201 phono pre. Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Horn speakers with Mundord Supreme oil caps. Power via 10 awg Oyaide cable from panel to custom distribution strip feeding front end. Oyaide dedicated10 AWG branch circuits from panel to each amp. Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.
    Kingrexelectric.com Lyncole certified grounding specialist.

Was there something I was suppose to see or respond to?
    Rex see post #111
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Rex,

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Rex see post #111
    Thanks Chris. I see the Keses is only $350 or so. If they work I may try one instead of trying to Macgyver my own.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp. Audion Black Shadow 845 SET Monoblocks. Mojo Audio Deja Vu Server. Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC. Linear Solution Ethernet Switch. Gigafoil with LPS. STST Motus II TT with Vertere SG1 arm, Hana ML Cartridge, Allnic H1201 phono pre. Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Horn speakers with Mundord Supreme oil caps. Power via 10 awg Oyaide cable from panel to custom distribution strip feeding front end. Oyaide dedicated10 AWG branch circuits from panel to each amp. Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

I believe I would benefit from the filter. I have a long outdoor bulk ethernet cable run that I terminated the ends, so I'm going to give the gigafoil a try. I'll use my own power supply but just need to know the barrel plug size (2.1mm or 2.5mm).

Quote Originally Posted by PeteG View Post
    I believe I would benefit from the filter. I have a long outdoor bulk ethernet cable run that I terminated the ends, so I'm going to give the gigafoil a try. I'll use my own power supply but just need to know the barrel plug size (2.1mm or 2.5mm).
    It’s 2.5MM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

I have one that I bought from Mike, though I haven’t had time to connect it or the Keces yet.

IIRC, it’s 2.5 mm.

FWIW - my PS Audio LanRover and the Icron version I use for back-up are 2.1. They are powered by a Paul Hynes SR-7 with custom 2.1 connectors - they did not fit the gigaFOIL.
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Thanks guys.

Thanks Chris. I see the Keses is only $350 or so. If they work I may try one instead of trying to Macgyver my own.
    nevermind...

nevermind...
    Do you think I can do alot better than the keces if I have electrical skills. I would like to get the most performance possible. I just wont spend $1k at this time to clean up my last shortcomings. I know my streaming can improve as its pretty noticeable the difference between files in my server and those streamed. My streaming is very good, but can be better.

I ordered one with Mike. Can't wait, hopefully will have it soon.

I ordered one with Mike. Can't wait, hopefully will have it soon.
    I ordered one a few days ago from Mike with the Keces LPS. Now I need a new ethernet cable. I'm considering the Audioquest Diamond, are there any others you guys are using? I'm using Transparent now but I believe there are some better options.

Dave

I use the AQ Diamond to GigaFoil to .75 M AQ Diamond - either with my PS Audio LanRover, or with my Small Green Computer & ultraRendu.

There may be a better ethernet cable, but I've not heard it.
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Mike..do you think this product is a worthwhile investment.?.I did talk, via email, with the website and they agreed that the best location for the product was, in my case, just before my Lumin, attached with a short lead ethernet cables.
    Listening Room: 25' L x 18' W x 23' H..system on the long wall
    Speakers: Tidal 'Contriva Diacera-SE
    Amps: Chalice Audio 'Grail' SET mono blocks with Psvane WE 845 / 300b tubes
    Source: Lumin X-1 Network Music Player
    HighFidelity MC-1 Pro Helix conditioner
    Cables:
    Audience-Studio One RCA interconnect
    SilverSmith 'Fidelium' speaker cables
    Silent Source 'Music Reference' Power Cords x 3
    Innuos 'PhoenixNet' Switch
    CAD-CG-1

Audioquest 'fog lifters' under the Fidelium cables
    Arya Audio-RevOpods under my Tidal Speakers
    REL 212 SE Subwoofer x 2
    Nordost V2 ethernet cable

EVP Isolation footers- subs-speakers- Lumin

Tweaks:
    Stillpoints Ultra SS under amps
    EVP HDR isolators 2" x 8...under my Lumin A1 and PSU
    EVP HDR isolators 4" x 16..under my Tidal speakers and my REL 212 SE subs

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by calloway View Post
    Mike..do you think this product is a worthwhile investment.?.I did talk, via email, with the website and they agreed that the best location for the product was, in my case, just before my Lumin, attached with a short lead ethernet cables.
    Yes, absolutely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by calloway View Post
    Frankly you won't believe it. The next surprise is adding a better power supply. Even the $50 ifi PS will surprise you
    System #1................................................ System #2

ROON Nucleus + server ...............................SME 20/3A
    MSB Reference DAC / V2 Renderer ...............SME V arm
    VAC Signature MkII SE Preamp .....................Dynavector TE Kaitora Rua
    MSB S202 Stereo Amp.................. ..... Sutherland current gain phono stage, Phono loco
    Wilson Audio Sasha II................................ Stenheim Alumime Three
    REL G1 Mk II (pair) Subs............................ Bricasti M1 SE DAC
    Transparent Audio Gen 5 Reference........... T+A PA3000HV Integrated

[

Any break-in with the gigafoil?

Any break-in with the gigafoil?
    I didn’t notice one.

Ken

My GigaFoil v4 showed up yesterday with the stock power supply. I'm still waiting on the Keces. Out of the box, a lower noise floor and more density. Notes carry more weight and bass seems more focused all contributing to a less mechanical sound. I also have a Sablon Ethernet cable and an AQ Diamond in route to demo. The GigaFoil offers great value IMO!!

Dave

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter