GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter - Page 21
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter

What is the relative contribution of the GigaFoil unit, the power supply, and the upgraded Ethernet cable going from the GigaFoil unit to the streamer?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

The upgraded power supply gives the GigaFoil upgraded performance which removes 99.9% of noise in the line and from there offer the best cable to deliver the cleanest signal to the DAC. At least that's how I understand it.

I received the Keces P3 yesterday and only had a little time to listen last night. Immediately I noticed a lower noise floor again, not a blacker background that depends on the recording IMO, but more depth into each note adding more air. It's an unexpected yet impressive improvement. I'm still using the Transparent cable until the others arrive.

Dave
    Speaker: Rockport Avior & Mira, B&W 803 D
    Amp: Nagra HD Monos, McIntosh Mc303 & 601
    Pre: Nagra HD pre
    Source: Esoteric K-01X & G-01, Aurender W20
    Cable: Transparent Ref Gen 5 SC & Ref XL PC
    Grounding: Tripoint Elite, Thor SE, Emperor Mkii

3. Likes Alpinist, FDPDK, Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can/could you use a Kingrex PSU with the GigaFOIL...???
    Listening Room: 25' L x 18' W x 23' H..system on the long wall
    Speakers: Tidal 'Contriva Diacera-SE
    Amps: Chalice Audio 'Grail' SET mono blocks with Psvane WE 845 / 300b tubes
    Source: Lumin A-1 Network Music Player with upgraded PSU
    Cables:
    Silent Source 'Reference' RCA Interconnects
    Cerious Technology CT Matrix speaker cables
    Silent Source 'Reference' Power Cords x 2
    Core Technology CPT E-300 Power Cord x 1
    Revelation Audio Cat 8+ Ethernet Cable

REL 212 SE Subwoofer x 2

Tweaks:
    Stillpoints Ultra SS under amps
    EVP HDR isolators 2" x 8...under my Lumin A1 and PSU
    EVP HDR isolators 4" x 16..under my Tidal speakers and my REL 212 SE subs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    From Audio Junkie to Audio Junkie.
    The internet signal reaches the kitchen of my house transported in fiber optics. It reaches the device that transforms the fiber optic signal and transmits it to the Router.
    Both devices are powered by an LPSU of Kenneth Lau, which in turn is powered by a Shunyata Alfa NR cable to the wall. Each of these two devices has an Entreq Eartha Apollo Infinity RJ45 cable and goes to an Entreq Silver Minimus box. The connection between these two devices is made by an AQ Diamond cable.
    Now from the Router comes a Cinnamon AQ cable that goes through the wall to the living room, where is the Aqvox Switch. This is powered by a second LPSU of Kenneth Lau, which in turn is powered by a Shunyata Alpha NR cable that goes to a Shunyata Denali socket. From the Aqvox comes an Entreq Eartha Olympus Infinity RJ45 cable, which goes to an Olympus Minimus box (next week I'll exchange it for an Olympus Infinity).
    As my LPSU Kenneth Lau has the floating output, in the connector that enters the Aqvox is joined another connector of a cable Entreq Eartha Apollo Infinity with a Schuko false connector that goes to the wall and puts the Aqvox to ground.
    Who said that this hobby was not fun!
    I just have to say HELL YEA, Thats the way to do a digital signal.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp, Altec Lansing 1570B modded by Transition Audio Design and myself, Mojo Audio CAT Server running Win Server 2016 AO HQ and Roon, Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC, Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Custom TT with Vertere Arm, Denon 103R Midas with sapphire cantilever line contact diamond, Allnic H1201 phono pre, Pure Audio Project Trio 10 with performance Solen air core chokes and Mundord Supreme oil caps, Power via 10 awg OFC cord from panel to custom distribution strip, Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

Post Thanks / Like

Ken, on other threads we have gone around about the Roon Nook vs a better server. If you can hear an improvement by adding a better PS to your Nook, can you see why I advocate a better server than a Nook.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    Ken, on other threads we have gone around about the Roon Nook vs a better server. If you can hear an improvement by adding a better PS to your Nook, can you see why I advocate a better server than a Nook.
    If you use direct Ethernet connection to the DAC, PS to the server running Roon Core is irrelevant.

Post Thanks / Like

When ken has a chance he can disconnect the LPS from the nuc and see if he hears a difference. I'm truly interested to know

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    When ken has a chance he can disconnect the LPS from the nuc and see if he hears a difference. I'm truly interested to know
    The P8 on the Nucleus made a big difference for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, i have read up a bit on the latest Nooks and they seem to be paying attention to good design. I still dont think it's a Innuos Statement. But it does look to be well designed and quiet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    If you use direct Ethernet connection to the DAC, PS to the server running Roon Core is irrelevant.
    In disagreement.

Aries Cerat Kassandra MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Stereo / Audio Research Ref 5SE / Rockport Atria I / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cable / Göbel XLR (2) Cables/ Göbel Ethernet Cable / Göbel USB Cable / Shunyata Denali 6000 T / Shunyata Sigma NR (4) and Alfa NR (2) / Kenneth Lau LPSU (2) for Aqvox Switch and Router / Stillpoints Ultra SS and Mini / Entreq Poseidon, Olympus Minimus, Silver Tellus and Siver Minimus (2) / Entreq Olympus and Apollo Infinity Cables

12. Likes Mike liked this post

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast