GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter - Page 13
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
    I already told you that I have the aqvox and when I added the foil to the mix the sound improved. I think what your saying is can you go right from router to foil with same effects?
    Reading this led me to think about: what if the audiophile switch is replaced with an ordinary switch (with LPS if possible), while the keeping the GigaFoil - would there be a degradation? Based on my incomplete understanding of the theories behind these stuff, I speculate that the degradation might be negligible.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    Reading this led me to think about: what if the audiophile switch is replaced with an ordinary switch (with LPS if possible), while the keeping the GigaFoil - would there be a degradation? Based on my incomplete understanding of the theories behind these stuff, I speculate that the degradation might be negligible.
    Peter,

If all the audiophile switch does is reduce noise, then I agree with you.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 7000

Post Thanks / Like

In addition to lower noise, the audiophile switch also uses a good clock with low jitter for the network data packets (let's ignore the debate of whether this can improve SQ and assume it does anyway), but I suspect this benefit may be largely reduced because the conversion to optical then back to copper (for noise elimination) should affect jitter.

This is just a speculation. Experimentally anything can happen and SQ is usually system dependent and not deterministic from a single factor.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried using the foil with only the local router. The result is not as good. Without the switch the inner detail is less, quietness less, and the dynamics are a little less. The switch went back in. I also tried the Sablon and so far like wireworld better. It is brighter and has more sibilants. I will put 120 hours on it and try again. I thought this was broken in already.

5. Likes wklie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting result with the switch and the gigafoil

Post Thanks / Like

Rex,

Check the previous page for a question:
    Analog: modded Yamaha PX-2, Denon DL-103r, MFA Magus preamp, Mogami/Vampire/DIY cables
    Digital: Firewire ext. HDD, modded Mac Mini server, Intona/Regen/Curious USB chain, (3x)ultralow noise LPSUs
    2-channel: Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Crown XLS2500, Acoustat Spectra 3300, (2x)Velodyne 12" servo subs
    Other: OPPO BDP-103, DIY and Nordost Blue Heaven cables, all speakers and gear floated on DIY rollerblocks

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13