Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

MSB RendererV2 issues

Hey all, the RendererV2 in my MSB Premier isn’t showing up in Roon or mconnect any more. I have it plugged into a node on my Eero mesh network and it’s been working great since I got it. I have rebooted both the MSB and Eero multiple times and the Renderer has a link light. Also, the Eero control app shows that node leasing an IP address to a physical device connected to it (MSB is the only device). I confirmed the physical network connection is good from the Eero with a laptop (WiFi turned off obviously).

Any ideas? Please help!

Re: MSB RendererV2 issues

Re-boot all the way back to and including the router. Turn everything off and then back on in order from the router outwards.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Audioshark

Shut down the DAC for 10 minutes. A quick reboot won’t catch the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Jack, rebooted whole network already. Thanks

Mike, turned off for 15 minutes and back on. Still no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Shut down the DAC for 10 minutes. A quick reboot won’t catch the upgrade.

Audioshark

What is an Eero?

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Mesh network.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

A mesh networking solution. Just assume that what I meant with all the talk about the Eero means that I have verified networking connectivity. The MSB has a network connection, is connected to the Internet and the Renderer is being assigned an IP address. Meaning, the Renderer must not be completely bricked if it still has the logic and ability to lease an IP. I liked the suggestion for a long power off but it did not work. I’ve also tried swapping the modules around so the Renderer is not the first. Didn’t make a difference. Digitial input module works fine though so the DAC itself is working.

Since the documentation is still not posted, is there a way to get into the Renderer configuration page? The V1 seemed to have a web configuration page now that not true with the V2?

What is an Eero?

Quote Originally Posted by rhmmmm View Post
    A mesh networking solution. Just assume that what I meant with all the talk about the Eero means that I have verified networking connectivity. The MSB has a network connection, is connected to the Internet and the Renderer is being assigned an IP address. Meaning, the Renderer must not be completely bricked if it still has the logic and ability to lease an IP. I liked the suggestion for a long power off but it did not work. I’ve also tried swapping the modules around so the Renderer is not the first. Didn’t make a difference. Digitial input module works fine though so the DAC itself is working.

Since the documentation is still not posted, is there a way to get into the Renderer configuration page? The V1 seemed to have a web configuration page now that not true with the V2?
    I run a full Eero Mesh and had issues where I had two RJ45 feeding a DLink switch from the modem that created some type of loop. I’m not tech savvy, but know enough to get around. I unplugged one connection and everything worked. Hope that gives you some idea if it even makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Thanks. It’s been working fine for a couple months and I have made no networking changes. Just randomly stopped working today, but I will connect directly to my main switch to rule out any wireless issues.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    I run a full Eero Mesh and had issues where I had two RJ45 feeding a DLink switch from the modem that created some type of loop. I’m not tech savvy, but know enough to get around. I unplugged one connection and everything worked. Hope that gives you some idea if it even makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Audioshark

I’ll look into it tomorrow.

I’m also having a weird issue this evening. Music would just suddenly stops while streaming via renderer module. Turning on and off the DAC would fix it temporarily until it happens again a few minutes later.
    I do notice I can no longer find in Roon app where it says MSB DAC is “uncertified”. Instead, if you go to Audio under Setting and tap on MSB DAC icon, it shows serial number, version, etc. Maybe MSB and/or Roon updated something.

Left the DAC off all night and powered back on. I also connected it to my main switch. I still see the MSB Renderer leasing an IP. Still nothing showing up in MConnect or Roon.

Other UPnP devices like my wireless BeoPlay A6 show up in MConnect, so the network discovery is working fine.

Audioshark

I will go into the store shortly and check on things on my end.

Side question, not to stray too far OT, but I was flipping through the menus on the DAC display and my Serial Number is listed as “SN: PD-100001” which is not correct. Does everyone else’s say that or does it actually have the correct serial number of your DAC?

I am not using any of the products you are dealing with except a mesh network. The solution that finally resolved my issue was inserting a unmanaged switch between my device and router and another between one satellite and device. I could see the IP addresses for the endpoints and Roon core devices but they would not communicate properly until I connected them to a switch rather than directly into a ethernet port on the router/satellites.

Netgear support was utterly useless in resolving my issue and it was trial and error and suggestions from Andrew as Small Green Computer to work through my problem.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Audioshark

All my MSB DAC’s are working flawlessly with Roon.

One other possible item to check in the WAN settings on your Mesh network. I had to check Disable IGMP Proxying As I was using the shotgun approach to resolving my issue I am not sure if this was also a help. Just a note. This was the exact opposite suggestion that I received from someone else. That is why you might want to try it both ways and give it some time to take effect.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Hey all, the RendererV2 in my MSB Premier isn’t showing up in Roon or mconnect any more. I have it plugged into a node on my Eero mesh network and it’s been working great since I got it. I have rebooted both the MSB and Eero multiple times and the Renderer has a link light. Also, the Eero control app shows that node leasing an IP address to a physical device connected to it (MSB is the only device). I confirmed the physical network connection is good from the Eero with a laptop (WiFi turned off obviously).
    I suggest you post to Roon forum so that Roon support can help:
    https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roo...ready/44590/34

To follow up on this, my Renderer did not properly take the latest auto-update. Got into contact with MSB and they took care of me ASAP/overnight and fixed another issue while they were at it. Great customer service. Thanks!

Audioshark

To follow up on this, my Renderer did not properly take the latest auto-update. Got into contact with MSB and they took care of me ASAP/overnight and fixed another issue while they were at it. Great customer service. Thanks!
    Glad to hear. It was a team effort.

Thank you, Mike!

Glad to hear. It was a team effort.

Audioshark

Thank you, Mike!
    Happy to help.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

MSB RendererV2 issues