Mogami XLR Interconnects
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mogami XLR Interconnects

I have to move my equipment rack from its old position between the speakers to a side wall, so I need to obtain some 4 meter balanced interconnects to connect the preamp and amp. The previous interconnect used was Harmonix Technology MagicLink. Given the cost of an XLR interconnect of this length, I was considering trying some Mogami Gold Studio-15 XLR Microphone Cables or Mogami Gold AES-12 digital/analog XLR microphone cables. Have any of you tried these interconnects and what was your impression of them? Any other suggestions for a solution to this problem?

Audio Research LS25, Krell FPB 300, Thiel CS6, Rega P25, Dynavector 10x5, Zesto Andros 1.2, Harmonix Technology cables and interconnects

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mogami XLR Interconnects

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Joe

Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Pass XA25, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2,
    McIntosh MCLK12

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I have tried the Mogami Gold. It was actually pretty good. That was many years ago.

I’ve since switched to Belden 8402 for the most part with other cables in between depending on gear.

The Mogami is probably a little more neutral but a great performer. Price is right and depending on your personal taste, could be great.

https://btpa.com/IC8402XLR-XX.html?category_id=1340
    Last edited by joeinid; January 11, 2019 at 09:13 PM.
    Joe

Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Pass XA25, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2,
    McIntosh MCLK12

Post Thanks / Like

These are the Belden 8402's that Joe, myself and others are using. They are about $84 a piece for 12 ft.

https://btpa.com/IC8402XLR-XX.html?category_id=1340
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Teac Reference NT-505, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp or Kinki EX-M1, Reynaud Abscissa Jubilee, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's, Triode Wire Labs SC & PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Mivera Purepower, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

5. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdee View Post
    I have to move my equipment rack from its old position between the speakers to a side wall, so I need to obtain some 4 meter balanced interconnects to connect the preamp and amp. The previous interconnect used was Harmonix Technology MagicLink. Given the cost of an XLR interconnect of this length, I was considering trying some Mogami Gold Studio-15 XLR Microphone Cables or Mogami Gold AES-12 digital/analog XLR microphone cables. Have any of you tried these interconnects and what was your impression of them? Any other suggestions for a solution to this problem?

Audio Research LS25, Krell FPB 300, Thiel CS6, Rega P25, Dynavector 10x5, Zesto Andros 1.2, Harmonix Technology cables and interconnects

I have a 20' pair of Canare L-4E6S terminated with Neutrik XLRs you can try out, aka try before you buy (at a peanuts price comparatively speaking). PM me.
    Post-divorce system (emasculated)
    Turntable: Linn LP12/Lingo 4/Greenstreet Keel Klone/Tiger-Paw Kahn/Trampolin II Tonearm: Linn Ekos SE Carts: Linn Kandid/Linn Troika (ESR rebuilt) Phono Stage: Linn Uphorik Music Server: Innous ZENMini MkII/Teddy Pardo LPS Speakers: Kii Three Libation: Bourbon Old fashioned

7. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the same for my guitar cable, they are good....

Quote Originally Posted by jdee View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Mogami, Canare and Belden all make excellent balanced interconnect cables! You won't be able to hear any differences. But you don't need a microphone cable. It's optimized for low handling noise, flexibility and robust construction (at extra cost).

Also you don't want a Star-Quad cable. They are for pro-audio situations with harsh interference conditions.

Now a guitar cable is a completely different story.

10. Likes bzr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a pair of Belden cables to connect my sub to the pre-outs of my integrated. I’ve been pleased with the performance.
    Gary
    Accuphase E-650; Lumin A1; Accuphase DAC-50; Roon; Shunyata Delta NR; Wireworld SC; JLA F112v2; Tannoy Canterbury GR

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with the Belden 8402. I love mine and it sounds better than my Cardas Parsec and AQ Columbia
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Other systems- Parasound A21 amp,Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid tube DAC and Preamp, Magnepan MMG's, Monitor Audio S1's, PSB B6's, Def Tech Pro Monitor 1000's, Velodyne sub, Adcom GFR-700 AVR, Music Hall 25.2 modified CDP, Cables by Cardas Parsec, AQ Columbia DBS 72v, Wire World.

13. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Besides BTPA.com you can buy a pair of Belden 8402 that use silver connectors and are cryo treated for whatever that is worth from here-

https://www.takefiveaudio.com/produc...-cryo-treated/

They are a bit more in price. A friend of mine bought a pair from them and loves them. I use the BTPA.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Other systems- Parasound A21 amp,Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid tube DAC and Preamp, Magnepan MMG's, Monitor Audio S1's, PSB B6's, Def Tech Pro Monitor 1000's, Velodyne sub, Adcom GFR-700 AVR, Music Hall 25.2 modified CDP, Cables by Cardas Parsec, AQ Columbia DBS 72v, Wire World.

15. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast