Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Liquid? as an adjective

I've heard liquid used as an adjective to describe audio gear but don't understand what it means. In context I assume liquid is a good thing, however, in listening to gear that has been said to be liquid, I sort of hear like a glare or shimmer, I don't really like that quality, I've gravitated to cables not so.

Than I got to wondering if this "glare" or sort of illumination, is what is being called liquid? And, if so, do others like that?
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

Audioshark

Re: Liquid? as an adjective

Liquid is a sound that has body and the notes just have a natural flow to them with a slight decay which allows the notes to just flow beautifully.

In my books:

VAC amp = liquid
    Pass XA.5 = liquid
    McIntosh 2301’s/601’s = liquid
    Gryphon Colosseum = liquid
    Constellation = liquid
    MSB 204 amps = liquid

Spectral = not liquid
    Audionet = not liquid
    ...a few others, but I don’t want to offend anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I have this old link showing Gorden Holts audio meanings and he noted Liquid

liquid Textureless sound.

texture, texturing A perceptible pattern or structure in reproduced sound, even if random in nature. Texturing gives the impression that the energy continuum of the sound is composed of discrete particles, like the grain of a photograph.

And you mentioned glare ; glare An unpleasant quality of hardness or brightness, due to excessive low- or mid-treble energy.

grainy A moderate texturing of reproduced sound. The sonic equivalent of grain in a photograph. Coarser than dry but finer than gritty.

gritty A harsh, coarse-grained texturing of reproduced sound. The continuum of energy seems to be composed of discrete, sharp-edged particles.

I say it all depends on a personal definition.

http://www.integracoustics.com/MUG/M...-glossary.html

https://www.head-fi.org/articles/describing-sound-a-glossary.12328/

2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Mike,

I think this is a meaningful discussion. Would “organic” be interchangeable for “liquid” or do you feel it has another meaning? For the record, I’ve never taken organic or liquid to mean lacking texture. To me they also mean an ease or natural flow to the music.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Liquid is a sound that has body and the notes just have a natural flow to them with a slight decay which allows the notes to just flow beautifully.

In my books:

VAC amp = liquid
    Pass XA.5 = liquid
    McIntosh 2301’s/601’s = liquid
    Gryphon Colosseum = liquid
    Constellation = liquid
    MSB 204 amps = liquid

Spectral = not liquid
    Audionet = not liquid
    ...a few others, but I don’t want to offend anyone.

"No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

After numerous recent online threads about the meaning of words used in the audiophile vocabulary, I have come to the conclusion that audiophiles basically don't agree on the meaning of words that we use to describe what we hear. Everybody has their own definitions for the words they use. This shouldn't be a surprise because audiophiles seldom agree on anything related to audio.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Sounds like liquid is something I like and I was on the right track to avoid glare.

Texture, surprises me, I thought that was a good thing, assigning the term to those cues that make the sound more believable, like tones from horns or woody on stand up bass. Maybe that's all under macro/micro dynamics.

LOL, maybe we need a standard glossary, like Webster is to dictionary.

SVS PC13 Ultra
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

I've always thought of "organic" as "natural", being able to believe it's more real than electronically reproduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Mike,

I think this is a meaningful discussion. Would “organic” be interchangeable for “liquid” or do you feel it has another meaning? For the record, I’ve never taken organic or liquid to mean lacking texture. To me they also mean an ease or natural flow to the music.

Ken

SVS PC13 Ultra
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Sounds like liquid is something I like and I was on the right track to avoid glare.

Texture, surprises me, I thought that was a good thing, assigning the term to those cues that make the sound more believable, like tones from horns or woody on stand up bass. Maybe that's all under macro/micro dynamics.

LOL, maybe we need a standard glossary, like Webster is to dictionary.
    Depending on which audiophile you are talking to, texture is a good thing for the reasons you describe. We will never have an accepted standard glossary of audiophile words even though it has been attempted simply because audiophiles would never come to a consensus.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Depending on which audiophile you are talking to, texture is a good thing for the reasons you describe. We will never have an accepted standard glossary of audiophile words even though it has been attempted simply because audiophiles would never come to a consensus.
    yep , ya got the Subjective and Objective folks, and most of the time it never works.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

To me liquid means grain free with a smooth and natural sound.
    Joe

Main: Jay's Audio CDT2mk.2 transport & Audio Mirror tubadour III SE DAC, Lyra Kleos SL Cartridge, VPI Classic III with 3D tone arm, K&K Audio premium maxxed-out phonostage, Supratek Sauvignon (highly modded) Tube preamp, Coincident Speaker Tech 300b Frankenstein mk.2 mono blocks, First Watt SIT-3 amp, Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers, PurePower 1500+,PI Audio DigiBuss

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Mike,

Ken
    To me organic is how a system or a piece of gear gets the TONE right. Like when I compare the S2 to other DAC’s, you are immediately struck by the tonal accuracy of the instruments. I find myself saying “now THAT sounds like a trumpet!” Ditto for say a Martin D-28 guitar. If you have actually heard those instruments in life multiple times, you know what they sound like or should sound like - meaning - getting the TONE spot on.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I've always thought of liquid (as the word implies) as a "wet" sound where everything flows and feels connected, as opposed to a dry sound where there's too much space between and too much emphasis to individual notes giving an analytical sound. Decay contributes to this. I think a somewhat full, fleshed out sound is part of it as well.
    Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

Quote Originally Posted by jbtrio View Post
    I would define organic as grain free with a smooth and natural sound and liquid as a the natural effortless flow of music. I wouldn't have understood the last part until I heard it.

Dave
    Speaker: Rockport Avior & Mira, B&W 803 D
    Amp: Nagra HD Monos, McIntosh Mc303 & 601
    Pre: Nagra HD pre
    Source: Esoteric K-01X & G-01, Aurender W20
    Cable: Transparent Ref Gen 5 SC & Ref XL PC
    Grounding: Tripoint Elite, Thor SE, Emperor Mkii

Here's my take on a the two audio related words used as adjectives.

Liquid: A sound that is as natural and true to the original source as the sound of water flowing over rocks in a stream. There is a three dimensional aspect to the complete combination of sounds that is captivating, mesmerizing, unpredictable, and soothing all at the same time. It touches your soul. Liquid is the essence of a sigh, a release of tension, a submission to the performance that goes beyond simply hearing sound. Liquid is immersion of one's consciousness into the event.

Organic: A sound or combination of sounds that accurately recreate multi-frequency tones of instruments that vibrate their bodies in harmony with their strings, instruments such as double bass, acoustic guitar, violin, piano, and many other instruments offering multi-frequency tone combinations with each note. When reproduced sound approaches the reality of these instrument I sense its texture and depth to be organic, a living thing. Human voices also have these multi-frequency tone combinations that emanate from the vocal chords, breath, chest resonance, and vibrato. Again, when it is delivered by a sound system such that it becomes wholly realistic and believable it strikes me as organic, in other words, true to life timbre, dynamics, resonance, and sustain.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Liquid is neither a gaseous nor solid type sound

Simple and good definition !

I think the term ‘liquid’ has as much to do with the music as it does the gear playing it. Using Joe’s synonyms in the prior post, liquid music is grain free, smooth, and natural. There’s a lot of music out there that cannot be liquified not matter what system it’s playing on.
    Gary
    Main: Lumin A1, Accuphase E-650, Tannoy Canterbury GR, Shunyata, Audience
    Secondary: Lumin M1, Linton Heritage, Shunyata, Audience

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    Liquid is neither a gaseous nor solid type sound
    I disagree, we all have had a wet fart at one point in our lives or you just have not lived long enough.

Sorry, I could not resist.

Liquid to me is smooth, flowing, easy going sound. Based upon the responses here, I think that we are all on the same page.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

To me liquid means unnatural sounding and slow. Not as slow as syrupy.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Lots of definitions of liquid and organic, both words to me are positive traits in describing the music that plays on a system...so what does everyone describe as the opposite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Lots of definitions of liquid and organic, both words to me are positive traits in describing the music that plays on a system...so what does everyone describe as the opposite?
    Rough and grainy.

I look at music the same way I look at photography. When someone mentions liquid I see , smooth ( low ISO #'s 32,64 ) low on noise a.k.a grain. When someone wants the opposite I see high ISO #'s ISO 800, 12,800 on up high on noise to where you can see the grain in the picture, some call it harsh. But like in anything sometimes the user just might like a little noise or maybe its actually distortion in the picture or music.

To me "liquid" or liquidity usually applies to the mid-range and implies correct reproduction of musical timbre.

The opposite is shrillness, strident or grainy.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Except that unamplified live music often sounds anything but smooth. Liquid is meaningless to me as audio vocabulary, and even conjures negative associations.

Too many systems sound overly polished, polite and inoffensive -- 'liquid' perhaps?

That sound is offensive to me, it has little resemblance to the real thing.
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC / Octave HP 700 preamp / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

Quote Originally Posted by Al M. View Post
    Except that unamplified live music often sounds anything but smooth. Liquid is meaningless to me as audio vocabulary, and even conjures negative associations.

Too many systems sound overly polished, polite and inoffensive -- 'liquid' perhaps?

That sound is offensive to me, it has little resemblance to the real thing.
    I disagree about un-amplified music not sounding smooth. Acoustic guitar, horns, percussion and vocals sound smooth, grain and glare free to me depending upon the venue. Yes, music through a stereo can gloss over music, so does recording and mastering.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

To me liquid as a audio term can best be described as HDCD encoded music as in the RR recordings......(played thru a non HDCD decoding dac)

And this is not a compliment.....
    "We all know real when we hear it"

Do the words really matter. I feel as I play more in this hobby, read more, listen more, i feel descriptions by authors mean less and less.
    What I really mean is I have no idea what something in general sounds like till I hear it. And I have no idea more specifically until I have it in my system where I know the rest of the playback and have a way to evaluate what I am hearing and what it means to me. Especially when it comes to front end gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    Do the words really matter. I feel as I play more in this hobby, read more, listen more, i feel descriptions by authors mean less and less.
    What I really mean is I have no idea what something in general sounds like till I hear it. And I have no idea more specifically until I have it in my system where I know the rest of the playback and have a way to evaluate what I am hearing and what it means to me. Especially when it comes to front end gear.
    I agree but I do prefer descriptions like warmth, bright, neutral (although one man's neutral may be different than another), bloom, glare, fatiguing, grain, air-transparency over liquid, shimmer, organic, etc.. I can relate and understand the first terms I mentioned and those terms would help me decide if I might be interested in auditioning a piece of gear as I have a preference towards a warmer sound with a bit of bloom. All too often in pro reviews, I find reviews not cutting to the chase and using adjectives that I find are hard to get a handle on as far as the sound is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    I have this old link showing Gorden Holts audio meanings and he noted Liquid

liquid Textureless sound.

texture, texturing A perceptible pattern or structure in reproduced sound, even if random in nature. Texturing gives the impression that the energy continuum of the sound is composed of discrete particles, like the grain of a photograph.

And you mentioned glare ; glare An unpleasant quality of hardness or brightness, due to excessive low- or mid-treble energy.

grainy A moderate texturing of reproduced sound. The sonic equivalent of grain in a photograph. Coarser than dry but finer than gritty.

gritty A harsh, coarse-grained texturing of reproduced sound. The continuum of energy seems to be composed of discrete, sharp-edged particles.

I say it all depends on a personal definition.

http://www.integracoustics.com/MUG/M...-glossary.html

https://www.head-fi.org/articles/describing-sound-a-glossary.12328/

thanks , some good definitions there
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    After numerous recent online threads about the meaning of words used in the audiophile vocabulary, I have come to the conclusion that audiophiles basically don't agree on the meaning of words that we use to describe what we hear. Everybody has their own definitions for the words they use. This shouldn't be a surprise because audiophiles seldom agree on anything related to audio.
    I recommend those of you struggling and often misusing the "audiophile verbiage" to refer to Holt's and Pearson's original meaning of all these terms. I believe Stereophile recently posted something in this regard to clarify all the terminology used in our crazy hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Priaptor View Post
    I recommend those of you struggling and often misusing the "audiophile verbiage" to refer to Holt's and Pearson's original meaning of all these terms. I believe Stereophile recently posted something in this regard to clarify all the terminology used in our crazy hobby.
    One of my links was J. Gordon Holt, July, 1993 Sounds Like? An Audio Glossary, do you have any other links

Liquid is what I consume during a nice music session. Organic liquid is typically the glass (or bottle) of wonderful Cabernet or Bourdeaux style wine I enjoy in a riveting music session...

Enjoy the music!

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

I fully agree some broad defining words are useful such as warm, lean, bright. My point about vernacular is no matter how many pages you fill, I have no idea what an MSB Select, Reference or my Mojo DAC actually sound like compared to one another. Not unless it's in my system and I really hear it. I especially dont know if the delta in price/performance is worth it.
    Has anyone noticed review seem to be about 60% to 70% tech details and not about sound. Is this new?

Not sure if this is what you are referring to, I read reviews for feature and set up tips as much as for performance. I'm in disbelieve that most manufacturer's websites are one of the poorest sources of info regarding that. While I'm on that rant, I love going to a manufacturer website you know nothing about and seeing a list of model numbers like I'm supposed to already know what they are. Is it so hard to just say "preamp" or "amp". Or, have several series and tell you nothing of what's the difference or entry vs don't even think about it, LOL OK, rant over for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    I fully agree some broad defining words are useful such as warm, lean, bright. My point about vernacular is no matter how many pages you fill, I have no idea what an MSB Select, Reference or my Mojo DAC actually sound like compared to one another. Not unless it's in my system and I really hear it. I especially dont know if the delta in price/performance is worth it.
    Has anyone noticed review seem to be about 60% to 70% tech details and not about sound. Is this new?

SVS PC13 Ultra
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Liquid?  as an adjective