Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

conveter for electircity

My wife and I are going to Australia and New Zealand this summer.

Can someone recommend a converter for electricity we can purchase to take with us?

In airports and other places you find USB connections to charge phones and other items. Is the current used with USB the same everywhere or not.

Thanks for the help, Brad
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

Re: conveter for electircity

What do you want to use in AUS - I am presuming a computer - what else

Laptops and Phones should be it, Rob.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

Me thinks a hair dryer for the bride might be in the suitcase/s - hairdryers I am unsure of.

Phones & computers you just need a power plug adaptor from US to AUS - they are cheap as chips as long as you don't buy them at an airport.

For example - these will work fine - https://www.ebay.com.au/i/153092460542?chn=ps

What months will you be in AUS & NZ

I found my phone and camera/battery chargers worked on multiple voltages and only needed an adapter to fit the outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzie View Post
    I found my phone and camera/battery chargers worked on multiple voltages and only needed an adapter to fit the outlet.
    Correct, many If not most AC to DC power adapters (walwart) for laptops, phones etc. are interchangeable between 120 and 240 V. Get out the magnifying glass and read the fine print for input output on your wall wart to confirm. Then all you need are the adapters to fit the outlets themselves for the country you're visiting.
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

No hair dryers needed here. Just 120v to plug in a laptop, phone and battery charger for camera.

We will be there 1st week of June thru 2nd week of July. I realize it is fall-winter. Living in Florida we are trying to find vacations in that climate to shorten our long warm summer.

We have been trying to do this for years but it took retirement to have enough time to enjoy it even though we will obviously not see all of Australia on this trip.

So any 240 to 120 converter for Australia is all we will need.

What about USB connections in airports?

The top half of AUS will be warm that time of year - about the same temps as Florida is now.
    The bottom half of AUS MUCH cooler - NZ will be bloody cold (this from a person who lives in the top half of AUS)...
    You will need your winter woolies for NZ...

Yes, that is what we are expecting. We are doing NZ first then Taz before warming up in Au. Also hoping this time of year will make it a bit less crowded.

Thanks to all for the advice.

You have done your homework
    NZ is a beautiful place - as long as its not raining
    Tassie's rugged beauty really is something to behold
    Then probably heading up the east coast of AUS
    Definitely less crowded - except for the ski slopes
    Sounds like a GREAT trip - enjoy every moment

Well Rob, whether our travel a plan and travel reality are the same will be seen. The only thing scheduled for sure is we arrive in Sydney on June 6 and leave Sydney on July 12 short of the possibility extending it a few days.

We laid out a travel plan then, based on our dates coming and going on that. Also decided to not have a reserved schedule every night.

We're sure there things that will hold our interest more than others and want the flexibility to change our plans. This will make some nights accommodations very nice and possibly not so other nights. Just don't want to be forced be somewhere specific each night.
    We are allowing 15 days in NZ, 16 AU and 4 in TAZ.

I may PM you with question as time goes by if you don't mind?

Quote Originally Posted by brad225 View Post
    I may PM you with question as time goes by if you don't mind?
    Happy to help in any way I can

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

conveter for electircity