Interesting new amp - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interesting new amp

Jeff Fritz of SoundStage Ultra published an extremely positive review of the Coda 15.0 Stereo Amplifier (big Class A bias) back in 2011 and has made a number of very positive comments about the company and their products over the years. Coda apparently is more well known in Europe than in the US. They have a strong engineering focus and don't seem to want to put a lot of effort into marketing.

2. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like ATI they seem to do a lot of OEM work for other companies which would explain the similarities between the Sanders and the new Coda amp.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Teac Reference NT-505, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp or Kinki EX-M1, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's, Triode Wire Labs SC & PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Mivera Purepower, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

4. Likes CPP, Mechnutt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Like ATI they seem to do a lot of OEM work for other companies which would explain the similarities between the Sanders and the new Coda amp.
    Is it your contention that CODA build Magtech amps for Sanders & now have released a CODA version of the same thing...

Post Thanks / Like

My contention is that Coda is an amplifier company who does OEM work and that Sanders is a speaker company that started selling amps with his brand on them. Two different enterprises and no one but you has said the amps were the same. Feel free to e-mail Terry or contact him on A'gon and ask him. As long as he's been reviewing I'm sure he's seen or heard the Magtech.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Teac Reference NT-505, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp or Kinki EX-M1, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's, Triode Wire Labs SC & PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Mivera Purepower, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe the CODA and Sanders Magtech amps are identical. The Sanders amp is vastly more powerful, eschews class A operation [don't get Roger started on the topic of class A] and includes a fully regulated power supply unit. I do believe CODA manufacture for Sanders.

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct, they do

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    I don't believe the CODA and Sanders Magtech amps are identical. The Sanders amp is vastly more powerful, eschews class A operation [don't get Roger started on the topic of class A] and includes a fully regulated power supply unit. I do believe CODA manufacture for Sanders.
    Mark Levinson #526 & 532h, JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart, AcousTech PH-1P
    All Clarus Crimson cabling, AC to binding post. Surgex
    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Nor do I & I never said they were identical - the specs clearly demonstrate that - however they are VERY similar in layout - especially Roger's unique,100% efficient, linear, regulated power supply.

Post Thanks / Like

Coda's top line amps operate in Class A for 100/200 watts and carry a 10-year warranty, 5 years transferable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Randy

Copper button in center front is power up from standby.
    I suspected it might be but was not 100% sure from the photo.
    Schiit Freya; Audio Mirror SET 45; T+A AMP 8; McIntosh MC754; T+A DAC 8 DSD
    Falcon NW Tiki; W4S Recovery; Roon & HQPlayer; KEF R700; Dennis Had Dragon Inspire IHA-1
    Focal Clear; Oppo BDP-105; Technics ST-9030; AudioQuest Niagara 1000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2