Avantgarde Uno Fino XD - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46
  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Thatís about same size as mine and Mikeís room. So which will works well with Mezzo. I just checked your system thread do you still have a Devialet ?

    Only down side of Avantgarde is you really need a very careful match gear/cable/placement once you do it right you will be in heaven. However Mezzo XD is about 5 times price of Sabrina so make sure do the audition if you can. Once you understand this live and dynamic sound of Mezzo can produce you wonít go back to any cone and dome speakers. At least this happened to me and most Avantgarde owners . Have some fun. The AG really loves the tube or class A power.
    Hi Paul,
    I just realized you are Paul yoo, I ve seen your system not later than yesterday on the mono and stereo coverage.
    Wonderful system! Congrats!
    No I don t own devialet anymore.
    I m throwing all my cash on totaldac 12 now.
    Sabrina is really really amazing and if I m going to upgrade it I m searching for more visceral vibrant emotional speakers with all sabrina attributes.
    I think AG are the only brand making horns with amazing look and sound( except Aries symphonia wich costs 75kÄ)
    I didn t thought that the duo mezzo costed so much though!
    Anyway this is a long term project in the future, I m keen to receive the 12 and see the changes first!
    Thks for your advices and comments.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Likes Paul liked this post
  3. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toronto,Ontario
    Posts
    4,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

    Quote Originally Posted by sakso136 View Post
    Hi Paul,
    I just realized you are Paul yoo, I ve seen your system not later than yesterday on the mono and stereo coverage.
    Wonderful system! Congrats!
    No I don t own devialet anymore.
    I m throwing all my cash on totaldac 12 now.
    Sabrina is really really amazing and if I m going to upgrade it I m searching for more visceral vibrant emotional speakers with all sabrina attributes.
    I think AG are the only brand making horns with amazing look and sound( except Aries symphonia wich costs 75kÄ)
    I didn t thought that the duo mezzo costed so much though!
    Anyway this is a long term project in the future, I m keen to receive the 12 and see the changes first!
    Thks for your advices and comments.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Yup. Thatís me . I know everything is so much cost these days. Mezzo is $64k or you can go with Duo which is $44k or even Uno is so nice as well.

    Anyway good luck with your search and keep us updated.
    Paul

  4. Likes sakso136 liked this post
  5. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

    Quote Originally Posted by sakso136 View Post
    I have wilson Audio sabrina now, do you think the duo mezzo xd will be an upgrade over them?
    All types of music considered.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, it’s different.
    Such a high level of efficiency means different presentation compared to traditional boxes.
    Imho at frst it requires the accomodation of our ears/ brain combo.
    But yes, AG’s are quite versatile - they can rock , excels on reproduction of human voices and complex classical.
    I agree also with Paul’s tips and comments.
    Aurender W20->Lampizator Pacific SE/Audio Aero La Fontaine->Ayon Crossfire III-> Avantgarde Acoustic Duo Mezzo XD
    Analog : Fat Bob S with SME 5, Shelter Harmony, Tom Evans Groove+ SRX mk2,
    cabling: Acrolink, Vovox,Siltech, Transparent, Apricity usb, Entreq, Fadel Art

    HT : Sony HW 50 ES, Oppo 93 EU, Darbee DVP-5000 ,Yamaha Aventage RX-A 3010 , B&W 9.1, screen 120 inches matt white

  6. Thanks sakso136 thanked for this post
    Likes sakso136, Dguitarnut liked this post
  7. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    St Petersburg Fl
    Posts
    379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Marslo View Post
    Well, it’s different.
    Such a high level of efficiency means different presentation compared to traditional boxes.
    Imho at frst it requires the accomodation of our ears/ brain combo.
    But yes, AG’s are quite versatile - they can rock , excels on reproduction of human voices and complex classical.
    I agree also with Paul’s tips and comments.

    Wow...walked into an ambush yesterday over At Suncoast Audio!
    The Uno Finos are spectacular! I was expecting a dinky downsized version of Avantgardes but I must say they are as impressive looking as their bigger brothers in a smaller audioroom. And as Marslo said the presentation is different than traditional speakers.
    I have been binge listening to tubes on my Vacs so at first I was like not sure of them. But after some slight speaker rearranging and my ear conditioning to them it’s a home run. The bass is very strong and the openness and dynamics are outstanding!

    Geez.....wish I could have more than one audio room!
    Larry


    Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Renaissance Mark V Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

    Fostex Th900 headphones

  8. Likes Marslo, Ritmo, Skanda liked this post
  9. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toronto,Ontario
    Posts
    4,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post

    Wow...walked into an ambush yesterday over At Suncoast Audio!
    The Uno Finos are spectacular! I was expecting a dinky downsized version of Avantgardes but I must say they are as impressive looking as their bigger brothers in a smaller audioroom. And as Marslo said the presentation is different than traditional speakers.
    I have been binge listening to tubes on my Vacs so at first I was like not sure of them. But after some slight speaker rearranging and my ear conditioning to them itís a home run. The bass is very strong and the openness and dynamics are outstanding!

    Geez.....wish I could have more than one audio room!
    Suncoast offers

    Paul

  10. Likes Dguitarnut liked this post
  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    St Petersburg Fl
    Posts
    379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

    Oh Yeah! I must repeat again.....Dude....Mike does not need any help!
    WAIT.....I still have 2 kidneys....hummm
    Larry


    Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Renaissance Mark V Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

    Fostex Th900 headphones

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

    yep, digital steps up....horns rule....

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

    This is too harmonious here, so letís add some alternate views .

    Iíve been interested in AGs for a while, so today I went to audition some at a dealerís. The speaker was Uno Fino XD. The dealerís facilities were an acoustically treated, dedicated and large listening room at a high-end dealerís. They are an AG premium partner. Material was digital music from an audio server and Tidal, I was able to pick it myself.

    What I heard was good clarity in the highs, ok in the mid range, and somewhat mushy and slightly boomy bass. Vocals on material I know were surprisingly somewhat recessed. With a Naim solid state amp the horns were also a bit shouty at times. Imaging was very good.

    Changing amplification to a Unison tube amp made the presentation overall nicer, but no cigar yet.

    In comparison to my Magico/ Pass set, my home setup wins by a mile, not even in the same league. Details, coherence, and especially bass definition is way superior. But please note, I am comparing a 20 KEUR setup at the dealerís to a system 5-7 times more expensive.

    The real deal will come next week, when I hear Duo XDs with the T+A3100 and another better tube amp. I was told the Uno XD is a small step-up from the Uno Fino, but the Duo XD is a leap forward.

    The AG Duo XD sells at a price point comparable to the Magico S3 mk2s.

    Reason for my quest is to answer for myself, whether I should continue optimizing my system towards more neutrality, or whether I should try something else.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ďLifeís too short to listen to bad audio.Ē

    Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond Phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 (2x) + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Pass Labs X250.8/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

    Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

    HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

  14. Likes Mike, kzhtoo liked this post
  15. #29
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    23,201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    This is too harmonious here, so letís add some alternate views .

    Iíve been interested in AGs for a while, so today I went to audition some at a dealerís. The speaker was Uno Fino XD. The dealerís facilities were an acoustically treated, dedicated and large listening room at a high-end dealerís. They are an AG premium partner. Material was digital music from an audio server and Tidal, I was able to pick it myself.

    What I heard was good clarity in the highs, ok in the mid range, and somewhat mushy and slightly boomy bass. Vocals on material I know were surprisingly somewhat recessed. With a Naim solid state amp the horns were also a bit shouty at times. Imaging was very good.

    Changing amplification to a Unison tube amp made the presentation overall nicer, but no cigar yet.

    In comparison to my Magico/ Pass set, my home setup wins by a mile, not even in the same league. Details, coherence, and especially bass definition is way superior. But please note, I am comparing a 20 KEUR setup at the dealerís to a system 5-7 times more expensive.

    The real deal will come next week, when I hear Duo XDs with the T+A3100 and another better tube amp. I was told the Uno XD is a small step-up from the Uno Fino, but the Duo XD is a leap forward.

    The AG Duo XD sells at a price point comparable to the Magico S3 mk2s.

    Reason for my quest is to answer for myself, whether I should continue optimizing my system towards more neutrality, or whether I should try something else.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They need tubes and Duo XD is a huge step up, and the sweet spot.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  16. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    They need tubes and Duo XD is a huge step up, and the sweet spot.
    Concur on both, the Tubes and step-up.

    I was earlier thinking about the Uno XDs, but understand that Duo is the way to go, if there is no space/ funds/ appetite for Mezzos or Trios.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ďLifeís too short to listen to bad audio.Ē

    Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond Phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 (2x) + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Pass Labs X250.8/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

    Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

    HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast