Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Lumin T2

Re: Lumin T2

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    Since Lumin does not support DSP, please try Roon DSP Engine.
    I think he is referring to the built in filters in the ESS chip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------------
    Borresen 02, Virtus RI-101, Ansuz A2 loom

Does the auralic lightning ds app have the filters built in or is it the hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by Audio4me View Post
    Does the auralic lightning ds app have the filters built in or is it the hardware?
    It’s hardware, but as far as I know Lumin doesn’t give the choice to change since they have chosen what they feel is the best one that fits their design.

-----------------------------------------
    Borresen 02, Virtus RI-101, Ansuz A2 loom

Right. When the possibility of filter choice has been brought up, none of our decision makers think that suits our philosophy of SQ and avoidance of options that are really hard to explain.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Nut in yhe case of auralic lightning, there are only four choices. People listen and make a choice. So nothing to understand, it's really just what sounds better. Most people and reviewers seem to like the options and simply make a choice.

The "choices" you refer to in Lightning DS are nothing more than the options in the ESS Sabre chipsets they were using. Some manufacturers choose to enable them and some don't. The differences between them are minor to my ears.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

What sound qualty affect does upsampling have? Does it roll off the highs? Make a system sound less bright or less harsh?

Newbie here. If I want to listen to all the songs in a Tidal playlist in the Apple Lumin app, what is the best way to do that? Is there one button I can press just to play them all in a row? The only thing I have seen so far is that I have to add them to the Lumin play list one by one. One click to play the entire play list would be great. Thanks.

If you get to the point where you can see the playlist cover (i.e. the image that represents the playlist - usually one level above the songs) then you can press and hold the image and add that whole thing to the LUMIN Playlist that way.
    Same with albums, etc.
    [Associated with LUMIN]

Thanks!

Is it OK to use both the balanced and single ended outputs of a T2, not at the same time? I am using the balanced outputs to my preamp at the moment. Is it OK to connect a headphone amp to the single ended outputs too. I won’t be using both at the same time. I will only listen to either speakers or headphones. Thanks.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

OK for Lumin T2, although we generally recommend not connecting both types of analog outputs at the same time.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Thanks for the response peter. Is that because of sound quality degradation? Will the T2 see both loads if only one of the devices connected is powered on at one time?

SQ degradation from simultaneous connection of XLR and RCA outputs mostly affect models with Lundahl output transformers. For T2 / D2 / D1, SQ degradation should be minimal if not negligible when only one is active. Please do not worry about it.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Peter,

What are the changes made in this latest firmware upgrade?
    Jonathan

Age is a mental construct.

System: Theta Casablanca V preamp/processor/DAC; Wadia 8 transport; Wadia 2000 DAC; Theta Compli SACD transport; Lumin T2 streamer/DAC; Roon Nucleus+; Luxul AGS-1024 switch; SOTA Sapphire turntable w/Premier FT3 arm & Hana SL cartridge; PS Audio Stellar phono preamp; SweetVinyl SC-2 noise/click remover; Oppo 203 4K player; Magnum Dynalab FT-101A tuner; McIntosh MC611 mono amplifiers (3); Revel Ultima Studio/ Voice/Embrace speakers (L/C/R and sides); Arendal 1723 speakers (surrounds); SVS SB-16 (2) and 3000 Micro (2) subwoofers; Stax SR-L300 headphones; TeddyPardo 19/3 linear power supply; Richard Gray's Substation; Shunyata 6000/S, 2000/T (2), Venom PS10, Hydra (2), and Defender (2) power conditioners; Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 speaker cables; Audioquest, Cardas, Kimber Kable, MIT, and Wireworld interconnects; Cullen, and Shunyata power cords.

JVC RS 3100 projector; MadVR Envy Extreme II video processor.

AirPlay improvement
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Hello

Anyone Moved up from D1 to T2, i am wondering to doe that after several years whit D1 and super happy about this but now i think its time to go further . What can i expect ? . Uses Kennet Lau powersuply on the D1 that make a big differens.

The T2 is my first streamer/DAC, and so I can’t offer any comparative observations. That said, I can say that streaming has now eclipsed both vinyl and CD/SACD as my preferred music source. Why? For me, it is the lifelike clarity, combined with fabulously articulated deep bass, evidenced in most every recording. I want to highlight the quality of the T2’s digital to analog conversion. I have the ability to decode the audio stream using two other high end DACS — one being Wadia’s best and the other the Theta Casablanca
    Jonathan

System: Theta Casablanca V preamp/processor/DAC; Wadia 8 transport; Wadia 2000 DAC; Theta Compli SACD transport; Lumin T2 streamer/DAC; Roon Nucleus+; Luxul AGS-1024 switch; SOTA Sapphire turntable w/Premier FT3 arm & Hana SL cartridge; PS Audio Stellar phono preamp; SweetVinyl SC-2 noise/click remover; Oppo 203 4K player; Magnum Dynalab FT-101A tuner; McIntosh MC611 mono amplifiers (3); Revel Ultima Studio/ Voice/Embrace speakers (L/C/R and sides); Arendal 1723 speakers (surrounds); SVS SB-16 (2) and 3000 Micro (2) subwoofers; Stax SR-L300 headphones; TeddyPardo 19/3 linear power supply; Richard Gray's Substation; Shunyata 6000/S, 2000/T (2), Venom PS10, Hydra (2), and Defender (2) power conditioners; Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 speaker cables; Audioquest, Cardas, Kimber Kable, MIT, and Wireworld interconnects; Cullen, and Shunyata power cords.

Audioshark

The T2 is the sweet spot in the line and offers a big performance over a D1. More layering. Much more solid of a foundation. Better separation. A big jump.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Anyway to disable the track counter / history from the display when using the Lumin app?

Is there a way to disable the track/track history counter from the display when using the Lumin App?

Thanks for reply, i have now tested the T1 for two days, and i tok me just 2 songs before i orders one for my self. so yes it was a difference :-)

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Litlgi74 View Post
    Is there a way to disable the track/track history counter from the display when using the Lumin App?
    Hi and welcome to AS!

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Did anyone compared and can measure or describe the differences between the T2 (with or without a Sbooster upgrade) ?
    I have the T2 for six months and like Mike mentioned is superb in SQ and seems to be the sweet spot of the Lumin line...

Quote Originally Posted by Litlgi74 View Post
    Anyway to disable the track counter / history from the display when using the Lumin app?
    The front panel display is not customizable. You may turn it off though.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Any chance of adding the Tidal "Top Tracks" feature to the Lumin app?

They can only add features that are included in the Services API they are provided. That will never include all the features found in the Desktop app.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Bummer... Roon can't do it either... At least not correctly. I only know of one app that can... USB Audio Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    They can only add features that are included in the Services API they are provided. That will never include all the features found in the Desktop app.
    The apps “mconnect Player” and “mconnect Player HD” (for iOS), and BluOS apps for Bluesound devices, all use a TIDAL API that supports Top Tracks for artists. Hopefully Lumin gets that updated API soon. The mconnect apps also have MY Mix playlists after a recent update, so that’s in the API too. Qobuz integration in mconnect is very good as well.

@Litlgi74 if you have an iOS device, maybe give mconnect Player a try (it works with Lumin via UPnP/DLNA). The paid version is what I’ve been using (I don’t know if the free version has these updates). I think they have Android versions too but I have not used them.

I run a hegel h390 amp with a nuc core with Roon. The hegel is not roon endpoint ready. I can buy a lumin t2 with a discount. Will the lumin t2 will be an upgrade to the internal one in the h390??? Any thoughts?

I run a hegel h390 amplifier with a nuc Roon core. The hegel is not roon ready yet so I am looking around for an streamer/dac. Will the lumin t2 will a big upgrade to the internal dac/ streamer? Does anyone did a comparison or compared the lumin t2 to the hegel hd30?

I have the same issue with my Mcintosh MA8900. I have a Lumin T2 in order to audition it at home. It is the best way to find out.
    Mcintosh MA8900 || Sonus Faber Olympica Nova III || Taga Harmony Platinum 18-16C || X-odos Stream Pro || AudioQuest Niagara 1200 || Thunder Silent Angel N8

Quote Originally Posted by AceBaran View Post
    I have the same issue with my Mcintosh MA8900. I have a Lumin T2 in order to audition it at home. It is the best way to find out.
    That is so true....Hope that it will be up to your expectations.
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

Quote Originally Posted by AceBaran View Post
    Keep me posted about your findings!

My T2 sounds great but I have an unusual problem. The display will illuminate at various times with no action by me. The song indicator does not progress (good). The T2 display eventually turns off on its own.

Not a big issue but is there a fix ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Don8989 View Post
    My T2 sounds great but I have an unusual problem. The display will illuminate at various times with no action by me. The song indicator does not progress (good). The T2 display eventually turns off on its own.

Not a big issue but is there a fix ?

Thanks
    Do you have the app installed on multiple devices?

May I suggest that you power down your T2, then disconnect the T2 from your wall plug or power conditioner, disconnect the Ethernet connection, power down your Ethernet switch, then disconnect your switch from your wall plug or power conditioner and finally disconnect the router connection, power down and disconnect your router from your modem. Wait 5 - 10 minutes. Then power up and connect your components in the opposite order. Hopefully, that should do the trick.
    Jonathan

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Phipiper10 View Post
    welcome to the forum
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by AVphile View Post
    May I suggest that you power down your T2, then disconnect the T2 from your wall plug or power conditioner, disconnect the Ethernet connection, power down your Ethernet switch, then disconnect your switch from your wall plug or power conditioner and finally disconnect the router connection, power down and disconnect your router from your modem. Wait 5 - 10 minutes. Then power up and connect your components in the opposite order. Hopefully, that should do the trick.

Thanks - I will try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phipiper10 View Post

Yes, 1 iPad and 1 iPhone. I just deleted the app on the iPhone as I don't need it there.

Thanks

We just received this e-mail from a happy customer:

I just have to let you guys know - I have used my LUMIN D1 for 5 years and was happy. Four months ago I sold my D1 and upgraded to the LUMIN T2. I noticed an improvement in all aspects of my system (Krell 300i pushing Maggie 1.7i speakers) - sound stage, depth, bass, vocals, cymbals, etc. I was very happy. No one told me there was a ‘break in period’!! This system sounds better than I ever imagined four months in!

Thank you for an ‘Over the Moon’ quality product!! I just had to let you know!

A very happy customer for life!
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lumin T2