Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lumin T2

Re: Lumin T2

Has anyone tried an external linear power supply with the T2? Looks like Sbooster provides a connection kit but it does require you to open the Lumin up to make the slight modification. I'm guessing that voids warranty as well.

Hello, thanks for the consultation, I am also interested in the functionality of Sbooster MK II
    for my Lumin D2

I would try it, sbooster is well regarded especially for the money.

All Lumin products to be shipped back for repair must have original parts inside and intact.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Fine. As long as the original box isn’t required. I have gotten tired of saving gear boxes.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by niner View Post
    I think this response is to my question regarding spdif and bnc.
    i apologize I didn't word it very well and also had a typo.

i was curiosity as to why the use of bnc vs. just a spdif digital output? Does bnc have different ohm output than spdif or it is the same just a different form of connection?
    I don't use USB.
    Just to be sure, the BNC output is male — so the cable on the T2 side must be have a female termination?
    Jonathan

Age is a mental construct.

System: Theta Casablanca V preamp/processor/DAC; Wadia 8 transport; Wadia 2000 DAC; Theta Compli SACD transport; Lumin T2 streamer/DAC; Roon Nucleus+; Luxul AGS-1024 switch; SOTA Sapphire turntable w/Premier FT3 arm & Hana SL cartridge; PS Audio Stellar phono preamp; SweetVinyl SC-2 noise/click remover; Oppo 203 4K player; Magnum Dynalab FT-101A tuner; McIntosh MC611 mono amplifiers (3); Revel Ultima Studio/ Voice/Embrace speakers (L/C/R and sides); Arendal 1723 speakers (surrounds); SVS SB-16 (2) and 3000 Micro (2) subwoofers; Stax SR-L300 headphones; TeddyPardo 19/3 linear power supply; Richard Gray's Substation; Shunyata 6000/S, 2000/T (2), Venom PS10, Hydra (2), and Defender (2) power conditioners; Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 speaker cables; Audioquest, Cardas, Kimber Kable, MIT, and Wireworld interconnects; Cullen, and Shunyata power cords.

JVC RS 3100 projector; MadVR Envy Extreme II video processor.

Instead of playing around with fixtures inside Lumin T2 , i would rather opt. for an S1....that way you will also have the benefit of the external power supply , meaning that you can easily switch it for another Power supply if you want that.
    And soundwise the S1 is good step forward in sound. ( its a big step )
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

Quote Originally Posted by FDPDK View Post
    Instead of playing around with fixtures inside Lumin T2 , i would rather opt. for an S1....that way you will also have the benefit of the external power supply , meaning that you can easily switch it for another Power supply if you want that.
    And soundwise the S1 is good step forward in sound. ( its a big step )
    Sure bring logic and common sense to a placebo project.
    Speakers: Magico S3 (23')
    Integrated:Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Streamer: HiFi Rose RS150b
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Cables: Cardas-Shunyata-AudioQuest-Supra
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Time is just a tool humans created to measure movement and record events

Darrel , what kind of placebo effect are you talking about ?
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Nordost QB8

My point is that tearing into a built unit and distroying a warranty with no proof of benifit and hoping to get better performance can at best only have a placebo affect. I chose to improve my power supply dc cables to my modem and GigaFoil along with better ethernet cables. Clean up everything that gets to the Lumin first. Or as you pointed out a digital streamer with a separate power supply makes more sense.
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Hi Darrel , okay then i understand what you meant and can only agree with you.
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Nordost QB8

Hi All,

I just want to throw in my two cents on this thread. I bought a Lumin T2 a couple of weeks ago and I’m thrilled with it.

My system is an Ayre C5xeMP SACD player, Ayre AX5-20 integrated amplifier and TAD ME-1 speakers, hooked up with Transparent Cable in a small room in a high rise condo. I was initially going to buy a new SACD player but decided to try the streaming route. I’ve never streamed music before, not at home or on my phone.

I decided on the Lumin based on the reviews and the specifications. I liked the form factor and the fact that it had everything I wanted (balanced outputs, Ethernet connection) but nothing I didn’t want (hard drive, CD burner, WiFi).
    It took me about 5 minutes to plug the Lumin into the Ethernet jack nearby, into the amp and into the wall, another 5 minutes to sign up for Qobuz, and music was playing! I let the Lumin play continuously for four days.

I am very pleased with the sound. In CD res or high res, it is at least as good as my disc player, and has better low end. And what a world it has opened for me- there are many, many albums that I would liked to have heard over the decades, but didn’t want to invest $15 for a CD or $30 for an SACD, yet now they are available at my fingertips. I’ve been very pleasantly surprised at how many albums of all genres are available in high res. Two examples. In rock, I’ve never liked the Doors enough to buy an album other than Greatest Hits, but now I’ve been able to explore their whole catalog. In Jazz, I’ve liked some albums, but never knew enough to invest in individual CDs/SACD’s. But now I’ve been listening to a lot of classic Blue Note jazz and liking a lot of it. As far as I can tell, I’ve sacrificed nothing in sound quality but expanded my musical horizons immensely. The $25/ month for Qobuz more than pays for itself by not having to buy new CDs/SACDs.

Finally, a note on Lumin’s customer service- as I said above, I’ve never had an iPOD, used Pandora, Spotify etc, so there were some things I could not figure out how to do by playing with the Qobuz APP or the brief Lumin users guide. I sent a long email to Lumin the day after I got the streamer, and the next morning I had concise but detailed answers in my inbox. Couldn’t ask for more.

One more benefit of the Lumin- spreading the word. On Saturday night we had an impromptu get together of friends after dinner. I asked if they wanted to listen to music. In the past, whenever I had someone over and they wanted to listen the conversation would go like this: “Tell me what you’d like to hear.” “Whatever you like”. “No, to appreciate the stereo, you need to listen to something YOU like”. “OK, how about David Bowie” (or some Jazz artist, or classical, or Led Zeppelin or Coldplay, etc). “Sorry I don’t have that”. And they would squirm as I put on some Dylan. But Saturday night- I played DJ, some stayed on the sofa listening intently, some danced, and everyone had a blast for 3 hours (the wine helped too). All agreed they could hear a big difference between my stereo and anything else they ever heard.

Long term, I can see the Lumin replacing all my SACD’s and 90% of my CD’s, and limiting new purchases to CD’s from obscure bands I hear live.

I wish I had taken the plunge sooner.

Regards, Dylan.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Dylan, awesome story, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Thank you. I'm more of a reader than a poster. I did post an extensive personal audio history on another forum a year or so ago. But lately I find Audioshark to be the most enjoyable forum due to the diversity of topics (not just ultra high end), the collegiality/lack of snootiness, and the owner (Mike) appears to be a class act.

In other forums I read, some people would consider CD player superiority over streamer playback to be common knowledge - although I suspect people there are using a PC + Tidal desktop software + USB DAC to compare with a CD player. I'm glad you find your T2 to be as good as or better than your CD player which costed 33% more in MSRP (even more if including inflation), disproving this myth.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Don't think its a fair evaluation comparing a AYRE CD Player that came out in 2004 vs a New Product. If you were comparing a TOTL Esoteric, Luxman, Chord Dave/Blu2 etc disc spinner that's currently in production and told me the Lumin blows them away then I would be impressed.
    Amps: First Watt SIT-3, Pass XA25, Valvet E2 SE, LTA ZOTL40, First Watt SIT-1 Mono's, ARC Ref75SE, Decware Zen TorII MK4, Line Magnetic 845 Premium, Raven Reflection MK2, Audio Hungary Qualiton X200, Kingko 101Pro, Audio Hungary Qualiton I50

Pre-Amps: Luxman 900U, Coda 07X, ARC MP-1 Multi-Channel, Conrad Johnson Met-1 Multi-Channel

Disc Spinners: Luxman D-10X, Ayre DX5, Oppo 105/205

Speakers: Cube Audio Nenuphar Mini, Fleetwood Deville, Volti Razz, Spendor Classic 100, Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo 2, Klipsch Cornwall IV, Harbeth SHL5+, Harbeth C7XD, Omega Compact 8, Triangle Comete 40th Anniversary, Audio Solutions Figaro M, Graham LS3/5A

Check out my Facebook Page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS to see over 3800 authentic Music Industry Awards (Gold and Platinum Records) from my personal collection. New awards added every month. https://www.facebook.com/riaaawards

I understand what you're saying, but this is all I can do for a comparison. One data point however- after I bought my speakers a year ago the dealer lent me a TAD SACD player that had just come out. I thought it was marginally better than the Ayre, but not worth the price difference. So I think the Ayre is still pretty good, even though >10 years old.

Hi Dylan, and welcome to the forum. I'm also a new owner of the T2 and have found it to be a real pleasure to use. I added a lot of other things in my system at the same time as the Lumin. So, my impressions of the T2 were more a part of a lot of additions in my streaming system. Probably not the best way to go. But, what are you going to do. I'm also a big fan of Ayre equipment and owned the CX-7e Cd player. Loved that player. At some point you may want to read through the GigaFoil thread if you haven't already. That or other additions for streaming could surprise you as well.

Thanks Darrel, I appreciate the advice re Gigafoil. But for me, after reading 13 pages of the thread (on vacation today, sitting by a pool) I don't want to go down that rabbit hole. And what a rabbit hole it seems to be. For me, my personality, and my stereo, I'm quite happy leaving well enough alone and enjoying my newfound music. Regards, Dylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    Thanks Darrel, I appreciate the advice re Gigafoil. But for me, after reading 13 pages of the thread (on vacation today, sitting by a pool) I don't want to go down that rabbit hole. And what a rabbit hole it seems to be. For me, my personality, and my stereo, I'm quite happy leaving well enough alone and enjoying my newfound music. Regards, Dylan.
    I agree. Enjoying what you have should IMO be the main goal. It's easy to keep adding and chasing to the point of never just enjoying what you have. But, incremental changes over time can yield benefits. Enjoy the pool.

Does the 9028PRO in the T2 convert DSD to PCM? I know many DACs do this to process DSD, but I am looking for a solution where there is no DSD to PCM conversion by the DAC.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by asiano View Post
    Does the 9028PRO in the T2 convert DSD to PCM? I know many DACs do this to process DSD, but I am looking for a solution where there is no DSD to PCM conversion by the DAC.

Welcome! - http://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-t2.html

"UPSAMPLING RATES & BIT DEPTHS:

• DSD128 upsampling option for all files
    • PCM 384kHz upsampling option for all files"
    Main System - Lumin U2, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, VTV Purifi 1ET-7040SA with tube buffer, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel S/812 subs
    Back-up 1 - Premium Audio mini Gan Amp, Oppo 103D, 2 Richard Gray cond, Selah SA-2s, Sumiko S5 sub, Teac UD-503 DAC, Carver (modded) C-9
    Back-up 2 - Onkyo TX-NR797, Panasonic DP-UB820, Vansevers cond, B&W P6s, PowerSoundAudio S1500 sub

Quote Originally Posted by asiano View Post
    The short answer is no. Long discussions can be found here:
    https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/t...comment=322890

If you want DSD that is more pure, you can play DSD64 in Lumin D2, or you may get one of the very few brand new remaining units of A1 we have.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Breaking in the T2. I have noticed a definite improvement to the sound of music streams played through the T2 the more I have been using it. At this point some of the more clinical aspects of the music have receded, making the experience far more pleasurable. However, as soon as I have stopped listening, the T2 pauses and then eventually turns itself into standby. I would rather not have to listen to the next 75 to 100 hours. Is there anyway I can enable the unit to download, decode, convert and output from, say, Tidal with my preamp on standby and me absent from the room?
    Jonathan

System: Theta Casablanca V preamp/processor/DAC; Wadia 8 transport; Wadia 2000 DAC; Theta Compli SACD transport; Lumin T2 streamer/DAC; Roon Nucleus+; Luxul AGS-1024 switch; SOTA Sapphire turntable w/Premier FT3 arm & Hana SL cartridge; PS Audio Stellar phono preamp; SweetVinyl SC-2 noise/click remover; Oppo 203 4K player; Magnum Dynalab FT-101A tuner; McIntosh MC611 mono amplifiers (3); Revel Ultima Studio/ Voice/Embrace speakers (L/C/R and sides); Arendal 1723 speakers (surrounds); SVS SB-16 (2) and 3000 Micro (2) subwoofers; Stax SR-L300 headphones; TeddyPardo 19/3 linear power supply; Richard Gray's Substation; Shunyata 6000/S, 2000/T (2), Venom PS10, Hydra (2), and Defender (2) power conditioners; Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 speaker cables; Audioquest, Cardas, Kimber Kable, MIT, and Wireworld interconnects; Cullen, and Shunyata power cords.

What about setting "Idle sleep" to Never in the options instead?
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

If you put it on an Internet radio station it will stay on and play continuously until you stop it. It won't go to sleep as long as musics playing.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Please add some music (of different sample rates and PCM / DSD formats if possible) to your playlist from your music library or Tidal / Qobuz, and turn on repeat.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Hi Guys, quick question on the overall tonal character of the T2. I am almost done burning it in and so far really love the transparency, detail, and soundstage. The only thing I am grappling with is that it is a tad bright in my system (Luxman 509X + Martin Logan 11As).

I know the MLs are generally not bright speakers, tending to roll off highs, though they are transparent. They generally don't pair well with an overly warm amp, with the McIntosh MC452 the highs felt a bit mushy. I am thinking it's the Luxman + T2 combination, which is incredibly transparent.

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on the tonal characteristics of the T2?
    -----------------------------------------
    Borresen 02, Virtus RI-101, Ansuz A2 loom

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by eziggy View Post
    Hi Guys, quick question on the overall tonal character of the T2. I am almost done burning it in and so far really love the transparency, detail, and soundstage. The only thing I am grappling with is that it is a tad bright in my system (Luxman 509X + Martin Logan 11As).

I know the MLs are generally not bright speakers, tending to roll off highs, though they are transparent. They generally don't pair well with an overly warm amp, with the McIntosh MC452 the highs felt a bit mushy. I am thinking it's the Luxman + T2 combination, which is incredibly transparent.

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on the tonal characteristics of the T2?
    Slightly warm IMO. What Ethernet cable and power cable are you using on the T2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Slightly warm IMO. What Ethernet cable and power cable are you using on the T2?

Thanks Mike, that's what I figured. T2 is one of the best streamers I have heard.

I am using a generic Monoprice CAT 6 ethernet cable.
    -----------------------------------------
    Borresen 02, Virtus RI-101, Ansuz A2 loom

Noticed a firmware update yesterday.Quick and easy. Here are the update notes.

Version 11.5 (August 13, 2019)

Enhancements and fixes:

• Updated Roon version
    • Add front panel MUTE display
    • Improve error handling for Qobuz server busy
    • U1 X1 T2 Fix AirPlay volume
    • U1 X1 T2 Add delay to digital output
    • S1 A1 T1 Fix HDMI output to Denon / Marantz AV receivers

I have now streamed more than 200 hours of music through my T2. The sound overall is now much better, if my memory serves me, than it was when the T2 was brand new.

So I have a question: why? What actually is "breaking in"? Physically, what is happening -- with the ICs, with the other components, with the wiring between components (cabling and tracing on circuit boards) as well with the interconnect cables and power cord -- that results in an improved sound?
    Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by AVphile View Post
    I have now streamed more than 200 hours of music through my T2. The sound overall is now much better, if my memory serves me, than it was when the T2 was brand new.
    As I told you on May 18 via PM: "The T2 needs 7x24 burn-in for more than 2 weeks." I'm surprised you only reached 200 hours just now. Please really play it 7x24 with repeat on, and turn off the power amp if necessary. A Lumin is super easy to burn in and with minimal power consumption (as compared to other things like power amps or speakers), please take advantage of that. (There was a reviewer who claimed he needed 1 month 7x24 to burn in the S1.)

I really hope it'll improve for you since your initial impressions of T2.

FYI only, does not represent our position: https://www.audio-forums.com/threads...thology.89115/
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Is it possible for the total number of tracks (2000 at the moment) that can be saved in the playlist, be increased to 3000 or even 2500?
    Boenicke Audio W11 Speakers with SwingBase; MFA Baby Reference V2 Passive Preamp; Lumin T2; Nord One SE UP NC500DM Stereo; SRM Arezzo Turntable; Ortofon 2M Blue; Michael Fidler MM Pro; 2 x REL S/510; Van Damme Blue series/Mark Grant

ATMOS/DTS X 5.1.4: Sony VPL-VW290ES; 103" Screen Excellence Enlightor Neo; Arcam AVR390; Nakamichi AVP1; Sony UBP-X800M2; XTZ Cinema Series: M6, S5, S2; XTZ 12.17 Sub

It's limited by playlist management efficiency and the reserved storage space.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Peter, how would you describe the T2 sound before break in compared to after break in? Thanks.

I'm not expert in describing audiophile SQ, so I tend to leave it to reviews and users. I'll only say it should sound even better after sufficient burn in, as a user found out a few posts above.

As for matching with your MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A (that you mentioned in a different forum thread): Some dealers may be able to loan the T2 to you for trial. After you get a Lumin, burn it in for as much time as the trial allows, and experiment with non-upsampled music or try upsampling to DSD(128). If you're a Roon user, you may turn off the Lumin upsampling and use Roon DSP Engine to upsample DSD512 if desired.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Now that I have thoroughly "broken-in" my T2 -- and find its streaming/DAC functionality sonically outstanding -- a new problem has suddenly developed: the Lumin app will not connect with my T2. Essentially, I can reload the app, and it displays on my iPAD 4, but (1) when I tap the little gear button and then the Options tab, none of the commands (starting with "TIDAL Setting") are operative, and (2) the entire page becomes completely frozen. As a consequence, I can only use my Roon app (through a Nucleus + core) to enable music to stream and be "DAC'd" by my T2.

I have tried to resolve this problem myself. Here are all the steps I have taken -- all have failed:

1. Completely erased the Lumin app from both my iPAD mini and its stored version in my iCloud and then reinstalled.
    2. Did the same with an iPAD 4 and my iPhone XS.
    3. Since my Internet is provided via DSL, replaced the modem with the latest version available from my ISP (CenturyLink).
    4. Replaced the five-year old Cisco managed switch resident on my AV equipment rack with a new Luxul 24 port AV-optimized unmanaged switch. (Now my entire Ethernet data path from the wireless/wired router to AV switch is all state-of-the-art Luxul.)
    5. Turned off the firewall protection function of Norton 360.
    6. Used two different Shunyata power cords to connect the T2 to my Denali 6000/S power conditioner.
    7. Used three different Ethernet cables (Audioquest, Wireworld and "CenturyLink-provided industry standard") to connect the T2 to my Luxul switch.
    8. All of the software is up to date (except I cannot verify that for the T2 since I am unable to use the app).
    9. Of course, I have rebooted not only the T2 numerous times, but have rebooted each component in the chain -- starting with the modem -- in a cascade several times, too.

Nothing seems to resolve the problem. The Lumin app sees the T2, but when I try to use it, the page always freezes.

I use the Fing app to monitor the performance of my system. Running a Ping test, the average ping of my Nucleus + is around 4 ms. Before typing this posting, I ran the same Ping test on the T2; its average Ping was 147ms, with the minimum of 30 Pings being 3.5 ms and the maximum being 312 ms. The standard deviation of this test was 91 ms. I have run this Ping test many times; often the T2 completely fails to successfully Ping even once in 30 attempts.

I am at a loss. What do you suggest?
    Jonathan

I asked this about the D2 so now I'll ask, does the T2 streaming of Tidal and Quobuz sound better than a cd?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Audio4me View Post
    I asked this about the D2 so now I'll ask, does the T2 streaming of Tidal and Quobuz sound better than a cd?
    No. Streaming never reaches the SQ of a CD.

CD = 10/10
    Streaming = 8/10 to 9/10 depending on a number of other factors.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by AVphile View Post
    Now that I have thoroughly "broken-in" my T2 -- and find its streaming/DAC functionality sonically outstanding -- a new problem has suddenly developed: the Lumin app will not connect with my T2.
    Please power down Lumin T2, iPad, and all network devices. Power cycle the WiFi router and all network switches / access points. Wait for 5 minutes then power up the Lumin and iPad.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

From a specification point of view, both Tidal and Qobuz offer the same class of lossless 16/44.1 CD-quality with the appropriate subscription. In addition, Tidal offers MQA for no additional cost, and Qobuz offers Hi-Res for a higher subscription price.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Does an upgraded power cord for the T2 make a difference in sound quality (not sbooster discussion but the power cord itself)? If so, any suggestions?

Does an upgraded power cord for the T2 make a difference in sound quality (not sbooster discussion but the power cord itself)? If so, any suggestions?
    I’ve own two Lumins - S1 and X1. In both cases, upgrading the PC has brought very good improvements. I’ve used Shunyata Alpha and Sigma with the Lumins with excellent results.

For a more reasonable option, the Shunyata Delta is worth a try.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

I have Lumin T1 and upgraded the PowerCord to Nordost Heimdal and that was also a very good improvement in sound.
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Nordost QB8

Peter,
    Any chance you could add a function similar to what Auralic has in their Lightning DS platform called Flexible Filter? I think it controls the general sound characteristic of the dac. Choices are Precise, Dynamic, Balance and Smooth. The reviewers seem to like the changes in sound quality it makes. I have a friend says the Smooth setting makes his Altair sound more tube like.

Since Lumin does not support DSP, please try Roon DSP Engine.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Thanks Peter. It would be nice to have those settings available from within the Lumin app itself rather than having to subscribe to roon. What is it about lumin's software that does not allow it to support DSP where another vendor is able to do so. Is it possible for you to add DSP support since another vendor was able to? I think it would give Lumin another edge in the marketplace.

This has recently been discussed here from post 16 to 22:
    https://www.audioshark.org/showthrea...l=1#post283631
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lumin T2