Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lumin T2

Re: Lumin T2

Excellent values ​​to connect to an amplifier.
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Dummies View Post
    @wklie
    Does the T2 have to be used for a certain amount of time before it settles down?

I'm finding I have to have the sound lower than I did with the D1 with Sbooster.
    Wonder if the Sbooster was smoothing the sound which allowed the volume to be higher?

Not sure if the sound is a bit too upfront (in your face).
    Hopefully it will settle down if the T2 needs running in.
    How many hours do you have on your D2? I would give it at least 200 hours for it to settle down.

You can always do a free tweak and re-position your speakers?

I find the D1 to sound very smooth with the stock powerbrick. How would you compare the Sbooster to the stock powerbrick?

Audioshark

Just arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Audioshark

https://youtu.be/sdUtsHUe-Gw

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    Good observation. Yes, this is the primary difference in the analog output stages between T2 and X1.
    Hi Peter,

The T2 hasn't got these Lundahl transformers, whereas the S1, the X1 and even the T1 have them.
    I can understand that the S1 and X1 are more expensive but the T2 seems to replace the T1...

These transformers are very important for the analog XLR output quality and for the sound signature.
    Do you think that the T2, T1 and S1, X1 share at least the same sound signature ?

Thanks

Good observation. Yes, this is the primary difference in the analog output stages between T2 and X1.
    Hi Peter,

The T2 hasn't got these Lundahl transformers, whereas the S1, the X1 and even the T1 have them.
    I can understand that the S1 and X1 are more expensive but the T2 seems to replace the T1...

These transformers are very important for the analog XLR output quality and for the sound signature.
    Do you think that the T2, T1 and S1, X1 share at least the same sound signature ?

Thanks

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by roymichel View Post

Yes, they are important. I encourage you to have an audition. In the Lumin product line, X1 / S1 / A1 / T1 have Lundahl transformers. Some dealers may have A1 on discount, and T1 has been discontinued for a long time. A1 / T1 use WM8741 DAC chips so they may sound quite different from X1 / S1 / T2 using different models of ESS DAC chips.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

There's a new review of LUMIN T2 from High Fidelity Magazine (and an award).
    The google translation is quite easy to understand.
    It talks a little bit about the differences from T1 and the rest of the LUMIN range.
    https://tinyurl.com/lumin-t2-high-fidelity
    [Associated with LUMIN]

Quote Originally Posted by thingswelike View Post
    There's a new review of LUMIN T2 from High Fidelity Magazine (and an award).
    The google translation is quite easy to understand.
    It talks a little bit about the differences from T1 and the rest of the LUMIN range.
    https://tinyurl.com/lumin-t2-high-fidelity
    Well deserved. This is indeed a great unit that does everything well and certainly performs at a higher level than its more costly predecessors.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Purchased the T2 today to try in place of my trusty PS Audio Directstream Junior. The DSJ was and is fantastic as a DAC and streaming option. I really had no complaints with it in my system but as always, the allure of wondering if the Lumin could be a better fit got to me. First impression was that the T2 is built like a tank. It isn't that heavy but boy is it sleek, minimalist and compact. Right out of the box, there seems to be a bit more air compared to my Snowmass fitted DSJ. It seems like a natural at what it does. No worse than the DSJ even though this unit is only 2 hours old.

Please keep us updated as it breaks in.

Quote Originally Posted by freesole View Post
    Purchased the T2 today to try in place of my trusty PS Audio Directstream Junior. The DSJ was and is fantastic as a DAC and streaming option. I really had no complaints with it in my system but as always, the allure of wondering if the Lumin could be a better fit got to me. First impression was that the T2 is built like a tank. It isn't that heavy but boy is it sleek, minimalist and compact. Right out of the box, there seems to be a bit more air compared to my Snowmass fitted DSJ. It seems like a natural at what it does. No worse than the DSJ even though this unit is only 2 hours old.
    Congrats! Enjoy the journey!

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Quote Originally Posted by freesole View Post
    Freesole...curious to hear how you like the T2 now that you have had it in your system for a few days? Also I am very curious to hear from anyone who has compared the T2 to the T1 (maybe a Lumin dealer). I have a T1 and might be interested in upgrading but would like to know more before I move in that direction.

Any more input from owners of the T2?
    Avid Sequal tt, Gold Note Mediterraneo TT, Zesto Andros phono, CJ Premier 16 pre, Lumin T2, Coda 15.5, Legacy Focus SE, Gershman Grande Avant Garde.

I have had my T2 playing for a few days now , Im waiting on a couple power cables and a Shunyata Research Hydra Triton V3 it will be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by fathead View Post
    I have had my T2 playing for a few days now , Im waiting on a couple power cables and a Shunyata Research Hydra Triton V3 it will be interesting
    Enjoy. Should sound great. Hopefully you ordered Shunyata power cables.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Yes sure did , going from walll to Triton with a Sigma EF and to T2 using a Alpha Zitron

Review by High Fidelity, now with English translation:

http://www.highfidelity.pl/@main-893&lang=en

The T2 is one of the best devices of this kind. It is resolving, delivers nice colors and beautiful space. Purity of the sound translates into a great sound stage and excellent band's extremes
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Audioshark

“The T2 is one of the best devices of this kind. It is resolving, delivers nice colors and beautiful space. Purity of the sound translates into a great sound stage and excellent band's extremes, which is something completely different from classical "file-based" sound. This is a big step forward compared to the T1 version”

All true! An incredible machine at $4500 (introductory price).

My 2 week old T2 is up for sale , great DAC/Streamer but I moved all my gear in one room and now I can just use my org DAC and streamer .

My 2 week old T2 is up for sale , great DAC/Streamer but I moved all my gear in one room and now I can just use my org DAC and streamer .
    Out of curiosity, what are your original dac and streamer?
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Totaldac Twelve 7x the cost

Totaldac Twelve 7x the cost
    Is it better?
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Yes , but I can tell you the T2 is a awesome unit at its price point
    Lumin software is top notch , easy setup great sounding , I would choose it over any Auralic product .

Is lumin roon ready?
    I m looking for streamer with top notch usb out to feed kassandra ref2 dac, wich lumin will fit?
    No need for oversampling and dsd.
    Thks

Audioshark

Lumin T2

Quote Originally Posted by sakso136 View Post
    Is lumin roon ready?
    I m looking for streamer with top notch usb out to feed kassandra ref2 dac, wich lumin will fit?
    No need for oversampling and dsd.
    Thks

Yes, Roon.
    Lumin U1

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Yes, Roon.
    Lumin U1

Is lumin mini good as well? Roon ready?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by sakso136 View Post
    Is lumin mini good as well? Roon ready?

Yes and yes. But U1 is a nice step up. Only downside to U1 is long break in.

I own two Lumin U1s; one in my main system and one in my home office system. In the last year I tried the Auralic Aires G2, Aurender N100H, and Aurender N10 and prefer the Lumin U1s connected to my Direcstream DAC and T&A DAC 8 DSD. Wonderful transports that sound great to my ears, have been trouble free, and in my opinion the Lumin app is superior to the Aurender Conductor and Auralic Lightning apps.
    MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp, SST Son of Ampzilla II Amp, PS Audio Directstream DAC w/Bridge II, PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, ELAC 3070 Sub, Roon Nucleus w/8TB SSD storage

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - HiFi Rose RS250, KEF LS50W Nocturne Speakers

I also use the Bel Canto e Stream which is a very nice streamer .

Anyone with the fuse value of the T2 ?
    Thanks,
    Russ
    Aurender A10 (SR Black fuses installed)>MicroZotl2.0S W/remote( SR Black )> Odyssey Kismets> Persona 5f's . Cerious Technologies Matrix IC's and Speaker cabling. Audience ArP2 TOSOX conditioner . Power chords include Audience Au24 Se, SR ,Shunyata,Triode Wire World. Stillpoints Ultra Minis.

Fuse is 2A.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I also use the Bel Canto e Stream which is a very nice streamer .
    Could you please compare the Lumin to the Bel Canto sound and functionality wise?

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Sorry never tried the T2 as a streamer only ,
    I had it hooked to my hp amp and used streamer and DAC

Now I’m using the Bel Canto and A totaldac twelve and that
    of coarse sounds better at 10x the cost

Sorry I couldn’t be of much help

Bricasti M1SE nice DAC

Super Moderator

Bricasti M1SE nice DAC
    Yes it is, thank you very much. I think about other dacs but I cannot even figure out what to get instead. It’s doing a great job and don’t really think about the dac, I just play music.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Fuse is 2A.
    Thank you Peter,
    Fast blow I presume?
    Aurender A10 (SR Black fuses installed)>MicroZotl2.0S W/remote( SR Black )> Odyssey Kismets> Persona 5f's . Cerious Technologies Matrix IC's and Speaker cabling. Audience ArP2 TOSOX conditioner . Power chords include Audience Au24 Se, SR ,Shunyata,Triode Wire World. Stillpoints Ultra Minis.

Lumin T2 up and running. Tidal and Qobuz streaming proper. Playing nicely from an attached 1tb portable HDD. I will let it break in before commenting on SQ.
    I was wondering about upconverting. I usually play everything native but is there a sweet spot that Lumin fans like? So many freaking choices for all the different file types. Any shortcut help would be great.
    Thanks,
    Russ

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by russellbobby View Post
    Lumin T2 up and running. Tidal and Qobuz streaming proper. Playing nicely from an attached 1tb portable HDD. I will let it break in before commenting on SQ.
    I was wondering about upconverting. I usually play everything native but is there a sweet spot that Lumin fans like? So many freaking choices for all the different file types. Any shortcut help would be great.
    Thanks,
    Russ
    Native is best.

Fast blow I presume?
    Fuse is Fast blow 2A 250V 5x20mm for most Lumin models except M1.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Sorry for the dumb question put how do you shut off the Lumin? Hard shutoff in the rear?
    Thanks

Sorry for the dumb question put how do you shut off the Lumin? Hard shutoff in the rear?
    Typically you would let it to go to sleep after being inactive for a while. The next time you want to use it, it will wake up. The "idle sleep" setting is found under the device options.
    Last edited by NekoAudio; March 22, 2019 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Typo.
    Neko Audio
    Authorized Dealer: AC Infinity, APC, Audeze, Bryston, Devialet, Elite HTS, Fortress Seating, JMF Audio, JVC, Kaleidescape, LG, LUMIN, Magico, Ortofon, RME, Samsung, Soulution, STAX, Trinnov, Vivid Audio, Weiss & more.

thanks

I purchased and returned a Lumin D2. I was using it to stream 16 bit 44.1 redbook files to my Audio Note 3.1 X dac which is a great dac but will not play DSD or Hi Res files, so I also used the Lumin's DAC to play those files which, I have 6TB of music.
    While I though the D2 was good I didn't think it was great. My AN DAC is three times the cost so I know it an unfair comparison. The AN has the detail without harshness and retains the analog nature of the music. Reading the great things you all are saying about the T2 I'm going to upgrade within the Lumin line either to the T2 or A1.
    Did the T2 replace the T1 and A1? Does anyone have thoughts as to the difference in sound between the T2 and A1, is the T2 more detailed to a fault? ESS chip set.
    Also, I'm thinking maybe the U1 mini streamer. How does the streamer part of the T2 or A1 compare to the U1 mini?
    Sorry for the barrage of questions, trying to figure out which direction to go and can't demo these due to no dealer in area.
    Thx.

The S1 steps up the A1, and the X1 steps up the S1.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by niner View Post
    I purchased and returned a Lumin D2. I was using it to stream 16 bit 44.1 redbook files to my Audio Note 3.1 X dac which is a great dac but will not play DSD or Hi Res files, so I also used the Lumin's DAC to play those files which, I have 6TB of music.
    While I though the D2 was good I didn't think it was great. My AN DAC is three times the cost so I know it an unfair comparison. The AN has the detail without harshness and retains the analog nature of the music. Reading the great things you all are saying about the T2 I'm going to upgrade within the Lumin line either to the T2 or A1.
    Did the T2 replace the T1 and A1? Does anyone have thoughts as to the difference in sound between the T2 and A1, is the T2 more detailed to a fault? ESS chip set.
    Also, I'm thinking maybe the U1 mini streamer. How does the streamer part of the T2 or A1 compare to the U1 mini?
    Sorry for the barrage of questions, trying to figure out which direction to go and can't demo these due to no dealer in area.
    Thx.
    It did and it’s above both and really close to the S1. Really close.

Quote Originally Posted by niner View Post
    How does the streamer part of the T2 or A1 compare to the U1 mini?
    For the USB-output streamer part, T2 is similar to U1 MINI, with T2 supporting DSD512 if the USB DAC is Linux native DSD512 compatible. For pure streamer function, both T2 and U1 MINI (with USB output) are preferred to A1, which only has BNC-SPDIF output. Note that among the three only U1 MINI has AES output.

With a U1 MINI it should be possible to downsample DSD or Hi-Res to a sample rate that your current DAC supports via AES.

I'm not sure it is appropriate to say this, but to set proper expectations, SS gear does not produce tube sound.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I'm not sure it is appropriate to say this, but to set proper expectations, SS gear does not produce tube sound.
    The reason I mention the analog sound is the shop,where I bought the D2 mentioned that the D2 and A1 have more of a tube sound than the T2. My amp, pre and DAC all have tubes which may work well with the T2.

What is the reasoning to using BNC and and just spdif output?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lumin T2