Lumin T2 - Page 24
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread: Lumin T2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lumin T2

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Slightly warm IMO. What Ethernet cable and power cable are you using on the T2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Mike, that's what I figured. T2 is one of the best streamers I have heard.

I am using a generic Monoprice CAT 6 ethernet cable.
    -----------------------------------------
    2ch: Luxman 509X, Martin Logan Impression 11A, Lumin T2, AQ WEL, AQ Thunderbird Zero
    HT: 509X+11A L/R, McIntosh MC7106, Marantz 8805, Martin Logan Stage, AQ Fire, AQ Thunderbird Zero

Post Thanks / Like

Noticed a firmware update yesterday.Quick and easy. Here are the update notes.

Version 11.5 (August 13, 2019)

Enhancements and fixes:

• Updated Roon version
    • Add front panel MUTE display
    • Improve error handling for Qobuz server busy
    • U1 X1 T2 Fix AirPlay volume
    • U1 X1 T2 Add delay to digital output
    • S1 A1 T1 Fix HDMI output to Denon / Marantz AV receivers
    Speakers: Magico A3 with Cardas Clear Cygnus speaker cables
    Amp: Bryston 4BSST, Cardas Clear Cygnus power cable
    Preamp: NAD M12 Cardas Clear Cygnus power cable, XLR interconnect
    Lunin T2 Cardas Cat7 Ethernet cable Cardas Clear Cygnus power cable
    Keces P3 powering GigaFoilv4,Modem Supra Cat8 Ethernet cables
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205 Cardas Clear Cygnus power cable, XLR interconnect
    Subs: SVS SB1000 x 2 AudioQuest NRG-Y2 power cable
    HTPC/Streamer: Windows 10pro HTPC//Tital/Qobuz/JRivers via Roon Core USB/HDMI/iPad Pro
    Power Conditioner: Monster HTS5000,VanEvers model 85 Reference line cleaner, AudioQuest Niagra 1000 line conditioner

Post Thanks / Like

I have now streamed more than 200 hours of music through my T2. The sound overall is now much better, if my memory serves me, than it was when the T2 was brand new.

So I have a question: why? What actually is "breaking in"? Physically, what is happening -- with the ICs, with the other components, with the wiring between components (cabling and tracing on circuit boards) as well with the interconnect cables and power cord -- that results in an improved sound?
    Jonathan

Age is a mental construct.

Primary equipment: Theta Casablanca IV preamp/processor/DAC; Wadia 8 transport; Wadia 2000 DigiMaster DAC; Theta Compli SACD/CD transport; Lumin T2 streamer/DAC; Roon Nucleus+; SOTA Sapphire turntable w/Premier FT3 arm & Alpha Genesis 1000 cartridge; McCormick phono preamp; SweetVinyl SC-2 noise/click remover; Oppo 203 digital player ; Magnum Dynalab FT-101A tuner; Krell 200c amplifier; Revel Ultima Studio loudspeakers and Sub 30 subwoofers (2); Velodyne MiniVee 10 subwoofers (2); Stax SR-L300 headphones; TeddyPardo Teddy19/3 linear power supply; ExactPower EP-15A (voltage regulator); Richard Gray's Substation (for power balancing/surge protection); Shunyata Denali 6000S and Hydra power conditioners; Transparent Audio Super speaker cables; various Kimber Kable, MIT, Morrow, Straight Wire and Wireworld interconnects; Shunyata and Wireworld power cords.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AVphile View Post
    I have now streamed more than 200 hours of music through my T2. The sound overall is now much better, if my memory serves me, than it was when the T2 was brand new.
    As I told you on May 18 via PM: "The T2 needs 7x24 burn-in for more than 2 weeks." I'm surprised you only reached 200 hours just now. Please really play it 7x24 with repeat on, and turn off the power amp if necessary. A Lumin is super easy to burn in and with minimal power consumption (as compared to other things like power amps or speakers), please take advantage of that. (There was a reviewer who claimed he needed 1 month 7x24 to burn in the S1.)

I really hope it'll improve for you since your initial impressions of T2.

FYI only, does not represent our position: https://www.audio-forums.com/threads...thology.89115/
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24