Lumin T2 - Page 12
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Lumin T2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lumin T2

Purchased the T2 today to try in place of my trusty PS Audio Directstream Junior. The DSJ was and is fantastic as a DAC and streaming option. I really had no complaints with it in my system but as always, the allure of wondering if the Lumin could be a better fit got to me. First impression was that the T2 is built like a tank. It isn't that heavy but boy is it sleek, minimalist and compact. Right out of the box, there seems to be a bit more air compared to my Snowmass fitted DSJ. It seems like a natural at what it does. No worse than the DSJ even though this unit is only 2 hours old.

2. Thanks audio.bill thanked for this post
    Likes Showroom Dummies, wklie, FDPDK, Ritmo, CPP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Please keep us updated as it breaks in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freesole View Post
    Purchased the T2 today to try in place of my trusty PS Audio Directstream Junior. The DSJ was and is fantastic as a DAC and streaming option. I really had no complaints with it in my system but as always, the allure of wondering if the Lumin could be a better fit got to me. First impression was that the T2 is built like a tank. It isn't that heavy but boy is it sleek, minimalist and compact. Right out of the box, there seems to be a bit more air compared to my Snowmass fitted DSJ. It seems like a natural at what it does. No worse than the DSJ even though this unit is only 2 hours old.
    Congrats! Enjoy the journey!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freesole View Post
    Freesole...curious to hear how you like the T2 now that you have had it in your system for a few days? Also I am very curious to hear from anyone who has compared the T2 to the T1 (maybe a Lumin dealer). I have a T1 and might be interested in upgrading but would like to know more before I move in that direction.

Post Thanks / Like

Any more input from owners of the T2?
    Avid Sequal tt, Zesto Andros phono, CJ Premier 16 pre, CJ 70lps, Odyssey Kismett monos, Legacy Focus SE,

Post Thanks / Like

I have had my T2 playing for a few days now , Im waiting on a couple power cables and a Shunyata Research Hydra Triton V3 it will be interesting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fathead View Post
    I have had my T2 playing for a few days now , Im waiting on a couple power cables and a Shunyata Research Hydra Triton V3 it will be interesting
    Enjoy. Should sound great. Hopefully you ordered Shunyata power cables.
    Bud

Lumin S1 - X1 power supply
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for preamp, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sure did , going from walll to Triton with a Sigma EF and to T2 using a Alpha Zitron

Post Thanks / Like

Review by High Fidelity, now with English translation:

http://www.highfidelity.pl/@main-893&lang=en

The T2 is one of the best devices of this kind. It is resolving, delivers nice colors and beautiful space. Purity of the sound translates into a great sound stage and excellent band's extremes
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

11. Likes Mike, FDPDK liked this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

“The T2 is one of the best devices of this kind. It is resolving, delivers nice colors and beautiful space. Purity of the sound translates into a great sound stage and excellent band's extremes, which is something completely different from classical "file-based" sound. This is a big step forward compared to the T1 version”

All true! An incredible machine at $4500 (introductory price).
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast