Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Dimfer 2019

Dimfer 2019

Happy New Year Fellow Sharks. Just sharing my newly setup living room system(s)

Sometime last December, my wife requested me to setup a karaoke system that could make use of youtube karaoke videos. Our previous living room tv was a 5 yr old plasma and not smart. We went to Costco to buy a smart tv with an audio out, it turns out not too many manufacturers offer audio out anymore, we found this Vizio 55” model with this feature, picked up a small mixer from Long & McQuade, set it up and wife’s happy. One thing led to another, I ended up with a system overhaul.

so here’s where we are today, a three in one system.
    1. Smart 55” tv for casual Netflix and occasional cable tv watching.
    2. My wife’s karaoke system. Smartcast playing youtube karaoke on the tv->out to mixer->Audio Alchemy dac/Pre-> Audio Alchemy stereo amp-> Mordaunt Short monitors. There is also an MBL cd player feeding W4S reclocker then hooked to the Dac. My wife is not very techie and this is the only system she operates, playing her favorite cds.
    3. PS Audio Stellar Gain Dac/Pre, PS Audio Stellar Gain M700 monos, custom built Accuton CEL speakers/DIY tweeter

systems 2&3 both have USB input fed by USB laptop w/Roon/Tidal. I have 2 NAS in the house with about 24,000 cds.

this is a very capable second system and can challenge my main system in a lot of ways. Wife is happy, I am happy ��

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joeinid; January 6, 2019 at 01:09 AM.

Super Moderator

Re: Dimfer 2019

Wow! Beautiful setup.

Thank you for posting.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

System is in the living room of an open plan bungalow. I've had bigger speakers in this room before but these speakers offered the most satisfying bass so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Wow! Beautiful setup.
    thanks Joe

Super Moderator

Looks like a great comfortable place to spend some quality time listening to music.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I was off from work Dec 22-Jan 1 and basically stayed home listening to music and watching movies. My only problem is my wife. her playlist contain only 6 tracks and would normally request me to play them at least 3 times before she would let me play something else

her playlist
    Theme from St. Elmo’s Fire - David Foster
    The Prayer - Andrea Bocelli and Heather Headley
    Beyond The Sea (La Mer) -Richard Claydermann
    Why Worry - Dire Straits
    If I Were a Sailboat - Katie Melua
    My Love Will See You Through - Marco Sison (Filipino singer)

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Dimfer 2019