Kt150ís and My 200iq - Page 5
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kt150ís and My 200iq

I ordered in a couple of nos Amperex 6dj8/ec88 tubes D getter bugle boys to roll in my Vac Renaissance Preamp. They did a great job smoothing out the Kt150s in the amp without loosing the great bass or the dynamics. Much smoother than the stock Electro-Harmonix 6922 which “almost “ over the top. Oddly enough they don’t help The KT88s in fact I think they make them play a little thin. I have about 40 hours on them so if they are truly nos they still need some more breaking in.
    This so much fun!
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Renaissance Mark V Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Fostex Th900 headphones

Post Thanks / Like

I have not seen these tubes before (the KR 150's in a previous post)... Do any of you know more information? I also just went to the KR Audio website, but this tube was not listed.

Post Thanks / Like

Larry

If you want to "smooth" out the VAC preamp you are going to have to try Mullard (expensive) or Matsushita (Japanese Mullard) less expensive. Best honest source for both is Andy at VTS.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Teac Reference NT-505, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp or Kinki EX-M1, Reynaud Abscissa Jubilee, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's, Triode Wire Labs SC & PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Mivera Purepower, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

4. Thanks Dguitarnut thanked for this post
    Likes Mike, bzr, Dguitarnut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The RK version is exclusively made for Lampizator and those again can only be bought at www.best300b.com. But I'm not sure if they are already listed there but you can contact them and see what is going on.

Cheers
    LS: Vienna Acoustics Imperial Liszt
    PowerAmp: ARC REF 75 (KT150)
    PreAmp: ARC REF 6
    Source: LampizatOr Golden Gate 2 SE
    Streamer: Auralic Aries;
    CD player/Transport: Audio Analogue Maestro
    Power: IsoTek Sigmas EVO3
    Cabling: Shunyata (various), Kimber LS, FTA (Final Touch Audio), Siltech
    Rack: Finite Elemente Spider

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Golum View Post
    The RK version is exclusively made for Lampizator and those again can only be bought at www.best300b.com. But I'm not sure if they are already listed there but you can contact them and see what is going on.

Cheers
    Hi Golum,

Couldnít get your link to work but tried the US distributor which in turn led me to The Cable Co.

They didnít have the KR Audio 150 tubes on display, but did have other KR tubes. They are pricey. The KR Audio 845s retail for $1,895 pair!

If the KR150s run anywhere near the price of the 845s, retubing my VAC Statement 450 monos would run around $15k. Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rockport Lyra speakers; VAC Statement 450 iQ mono amps; Kondo Kagura monos; four box CH Precision L1/X1 pre/power supply monos; CH precision P1/X1 phono/power supply; Kondo M1000 MkII pre with internal phono; Robert Koda K15 EX pre; Pacific Microsonics Model 2 DAC; TotalDac d1-12 MkII DAC; Kodo The Beat Turnatable with LT Schroder magnesium tonearm and Lyra Atlas cart; Sound Galleries EVO Music Server; Kalista Dreamplayer CD Transport; Echole Omnia LE ICs, speaker cables and power cords; 512 Engineering/Tim Marutani Balanced Transformers (30 amp for sources; 50 amp for amps); Rives designed dedicated room.

Post Thanks / Like

http://best300b.com/ is the correct link - apologize for that.
    For regular KR KT150 you might contact directly Eunice at Kron Audio and the RK version is only or will be only available via best300b...
    Price for RK should be around half what you mentioned for 845 and KR should be cheaper. But still for your VAC it gets ouch comment..
    LS: Vienna Acoustics Imperial Liszt
    PowerAmp: ARC REF 75 (KT150)
    PreAmp: ARC REF 6
    Source: LampizatOr Golden Gate 2 SE
    Streamer: Auralic Aries;
    CD player/Transport: Audio Analogue Maestro
    Power: IsoTek Sigmas EVO3
    Cabling: Shunyata (various), Kimber LS, FTA (Final Touch Audio), Siltech
    Rack: Finite Elemente Spider

8. Thanks Dth31 thanked for this post
    Likes Dth31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For regular KR KT150 you might contact directly Eunice at Kron Audio and the RK version is only or will be only available via best300b...
    Price for RK should be around half what you mentioned for 845 and KR should be cheaper. But still for your VAC it gets ouch comment..
    Hi Golum,

Thank you, the new link works perfectly.

And thanks also for clarifying that there is a regular KR tube and an RK (Riccardo Kron) version.

Glad to hear both the regular KR and RK versions will be cheaper than the 845s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rockport Lyra speakers; VAC Statement 450 iQ mono amps; Kondo Kagura monos; four box CH Precision L1/X1 pre/power supply monos; CH precision P1/X1 phono/power supply; Kondo M1000 MkII pre with internal phono; Robert Koda K15 EX pre; Pacific Microsonics Model 2 DAC; TotalDac d1-12 MkII DAC; Kodo The Beat Turnatable with LT Schroder magnesium tonearm and Lyra Atlas cart; Sound Galleries EVO Music Server; Kalista Dreamplayer CD Transport; Echole Omnia LE ICs, speaker cables and power cords; 512 Engineering/Tim Marutani Balanced Transformers (30 amp for sources; 50 amp for amps); Rives designed dedicated room.

10. Thanks Golum thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting the link. I spent quite a lot of time yesterday trying to find a vendor who sells the KR KT88 and KT150, and was not successful!
    Analog source: AMG Viella 12; Ortofon Anna cartridge
    Digital source: Totaldac d1-seven DAC, Totaldac d1-server with Gigafilter
    Pre amp: VAC Master with phono
    Phonostage: ​Constellation Andromeda
    Amps: VAC 200iQ monoblocks
    Speakers: Magico M3 with MPods
    Cables: Synergistic Research Galileo
    Power products: Synergistic Research Power Cell 12 UEF and Transporter Ultra. Galileo power cords.

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone would compare:
    -New production Gold Lion KT88 to KR KT88
    -KR KT88 to Tungsol KT150
    -KR KT88 to NOS Gold Lion KT88
    I would be grateful!

I know Mike loves the NOS GL KT88’s, but I have yet to find a tube seller who has more than 2-4, and usually those are OS, not NOS, and not well matched.
    Analog source: AMG Viella 12; Ortofon Anna cartridge
    Digital source: Totaldac d1-seven DAC, Totaldac d1-server with Gigafilter
    Pre amp: VAC Master with phono
    Phonostage: ​Constellation Andromeda
    Amps: VAC 200iQ monoblocks
    Speakers: Magico M3 with MPods
    Cables: Synergistic Research Galileo
    Power products: Synergistic Research Power Cell 12 UEF and Transporter Ultra. Galileo power cords.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a quad of KR Kt88’s on loan and I preferred them to the new production Gold Lions. To me they were a lot more linear and well balanced. More definition in the bass region specially and somewhat smoother.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Renaissance Mark V Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Fostex Th900 headphones

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast