Kt150ís and My 200iq - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kt150ís and My 200iq

Quote Originally Posted by steinkrieg View Post
    I just ordered a 200iQ from mike. Excited to break it in and start rolling some tubes around. I kind of suspect that the gold lion 88’s might be the winner in the end even though they are stock. I also ordered up some Sylviania 6sn7’s to try. I have not always loved KT 150’s but i have some great ones in the “tube drawer” and will give them a shot when the time is right. I have S3 mkii’s as well and look forward to trading notes!
    Congratulations on the Vac! You will love it!
    The stock Gold Lion Kt88’s are sweet don’t get me wrong but being able to transform your amp into another by just swapping out these little glass tubes without biasing worries is such a big plus. Also the fact that that the amp can safely handle Kt88’s, Kt120’s all the way up to Kt150’s without a catastrophic meltdown alone is worth the price of admission.

On the other subject I brought up, even though rolling NOS wild women IS MORE fun, you are buying blind and you might get a relabeled one! Lot of counterfeits out there I’m told trying to get your hard earned money so buyer beware.
    Maybe you should stick with the current Russian or Chinese offerings I have seen on many websites!
    (Disclaimer: the latter subject is purely fictional advice)
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Renaissance Mark V Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Fostex Th900 headphones

2. Likes joeinid, Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic news! Glad you are very happy with the system Larry. An awesome way to start the year!

PS - Careful with those ďexoticĒ websites. They can be very troublesome in many ways!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Kr Kt88ís update!
    They are at the 125 hour mark. They already have surpassed the stock Gold Lions!
    To my ears they have a much more level frequency response. Lows mids and highs are much more straightline No drop outs. I love them. Now Iím trying to talk Mike into entrusting me his little precious...NO not that......talking about his NOS non plus ultra Golden Lions......hand made by Little old spinsters a block away from Abbey Road Iím told.....for the ultimate showdown!
    In comparison to the KT150s by Tungsol for my taste itís a tossup. The KT150s are a little larger presentation, a little more slam at the expense of the smoother frequency curve of the KR Kt88ís.
    At half the price of the KR tubes they play above their price point.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz cabling

Fostex Th900 headphones

5. Likes Mike, Paul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting Larry! I'm excited to hear more, as my 200IQ is currently on order and I'm excited to receive it. So far I have ordered Sylvania 6SN7's, as many folks seem to like them just a bit more than stock. Have you tried replacing these tubes as well at the Kt88's?

7. Likes Dguitarnut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    Kr Kt88’s update!
    They are at the 125 hour mark. They already have surpassed the stock Gold Lions!
    To my ears they have a much more level frequency response. Lows mids and highs are much more straightline No drop outs. I love them. Now I’m trying to talk Mike into entrusting me his little precious...NO not that......talking about his NOS non plus ultra Golden Lions......hand made by Little old spinsters a block away from Abbey Road I’m told.....for the ultimate showdown!
    In comparison to the KT150s by Tungsol for my taste it’s a tossup. The KT150s are a little larger presentation, a little more slam at the expense of the smoother frequency curve of the KR Kt88’s.
    At half the price of the KR tubes they play above their price point.
    Larry, Any picture of current set up?
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I had some RCA’s 6sn7 gtb left over from my headphone tube amp days and I have those running in it now. A slight transparency gain is what I noticed.
    I am totally smitten by this amp and it’s synergy with the Magicos, Dave and LUMIN.
    I am using Ansuz power cables and older generation MIT M1.3 proline XLRs and speaker cables.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz cabling

Fostex Th900 headphones

10. Thanks joeinid, Paul thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid, Sean, FDPDK liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful system and layout. Love it!
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh C1100, MC275VI, MC452, MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300,
    Pass XA25, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2,
    McIntosh MCLK12

12. Likes Dguitarnut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Larry - After I get mine I will run it for a month or so and then start playing around with tubes / cables etc. I will report back when the time comes!

Post Thanks / Like

To me the shape of a tube is telling....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bzr View Post
    To me the shape of a tube is telling....
    OK - I'll bite - how...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast