Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

lease car advice

There is a chance I'll be getting a company car. But I'm not sure what to get. My first thought would be a 100% electrical car.

In the Netherland you have to add a percentage of the new price (MSRP) to your income. Since a car is provided by a company is basically income in kind. Zero emission cars below 50k add 4% to your income all other cars add 22% to your income.

So what are your thoughts on cars like a BMW i3, Opel Ampera, Nissan Leaf etc.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Re: lease car advice

No one with experience with these kind of cars?
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Well it all depends on the amount of miles you think you could be driving in the lease period. Are you charged for any miles over the allotted # of miles you are allowed to drive as noted in the lease agreement. The maintenance requirements you must follow with the lease dealer or you could jeopardize your lease. And it depends on "ego" cool car or practical work car that will not nickel and dime you during the lease period. .
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

In the USA, the Opel is not sold. Could that be the equivalent of the Chevy Volt from GM? If so, be aware that the Chevy is being discontinued in USA.
    Between the three, I would pick the BMW, but that is based on the brand.

Is the i8 an option? If so... THAT would be it!

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Well it all depends on the amount of miles you think you could be driving in the lease period. Are you charged for any miles over the allotted # of miles you are allowed to drive as noted in the lease agreement. The maintenance requirements you must follow with the lease dealer or you could jeopardize your lease. And it depends on "ego" cool car or practical work car that will not nickel and dime you during the lease period. .
    If I use the lease car 100% for business I won't have to pay anything. Regardless of kilometers driven. As soon as I want to use the car for private use as will I will have to add 4% or 22% of the new price of the car to my income. That means I will have to pay anything between euro250 to euro1000 per month for the private use. That is more than my 10year old BMW 325i touring is costing me now. So I don't gain much for driving a company car.

Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    In the USA, the Opel is not sold. Could that be the equivalent of the Chevy Volt from GM? If so, be aware that the Chevy is being discontinued in USA.
    Between the three, I would pick the BMW, but that is based on the brand.

Is the i8 an option? If so... THAT would be it!
    The i8 is way way out of budget. Most company will not allow a lease car over euro40k to euro50k. That means a i3 is just within reach or something like a Skoda Octavia.

The most basic BMW 320i costs before any options euro49k.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    If I use the lease car 100% for business I won't have to pay anything. Regardless of kilometers driven. As soon as I want to use the car for private use as will I will have to add 4% or 22% of the new price of the car to my income. That means I will have to pay anything between euro250 to euro1000 per month for the private use. That is more than my 10year old BMW 325i touring is costing me now. So I don't gain much for driving a company car.

The i8 is way way out of budget. Most company will not allow a lease car over euro40k to euro50k. That means a i3 is just within reach or something like a Skoda Octavia.

The most basic BMW 320i costs before any options euro49k.
    Until I went back and read the first post, I was thinking you were located in Leyden Ill in the US, but I see you are in the Netherlands.

In the US the BWM lease program is 36 months. https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offers.html, and the driver is responsible for miles over the lease contract,
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Until I went back and read the first post, I was thinking you were located in Leyden Ill in the US, but I see you are in the Netherlands.

In the US the BWM lease program is 36 months. https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offers.html, and the driver is responsible for miles over the lease contract,
    In the Netherlands the company that provides the car (your employer) will give you a certain budget, often a monthly lease price. Depending on the rules you can get any car within budget. Some employers have a deal with certain distributors meaning you can only chose say French cars or only from the VAG groups etc.

If you chose to also drive the company car privately you have to add a percentage of the cars new price to your income, normally 22%. But if you don't drive it at all your don't have to do that. However if you get caught driving it to say the cinema you can expect a huge fine, a few thousand euro's depending on how long you have drive a company car.

Not sure if I would want to drive a company car privately because of the costs. It used to be that hybrid cars were giving a discount for tax purposes. But now it's only pure electrical cars that costs less then 50k euro.

I am surprised that they don't give you an option to keep a mileage log and then you can pay taxes based on percentage of company vs personal use. In the USA the government uses a rate of about 54 cents per mile. So you can pay taxes for personal use using that rate. Every country is different I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    I am surprised that they don't give you an option to keep a mileage log and then you can pay taxes based on percentage of company vs personal use. In the USA the government uses a rate of about 54 cents per mile. So you can pay taxes for personal use using that rate. Every country is different I am sure.
    The government allows you to have a mileage log. For a maximum of 500km. Above 500km you add 22% of the cars worth to your income. They don't do a fixed km price because running costs for each car is very different.

But I had a second chat yesterday wit my potential new employer. I don't think I'll be switching jobs.

TOO MANY rules, laws, Taxes, Fines etc for my taste.
    Best of luck on your decision.
    My System
    Acoustic Revive RTP-4
    Innuos Pulsar
    Lampizator BALTIC4
    Cary SLP-05
    Pass XA30.5 or
    Line Magnetic 845ia
    Reference 3A Reflector's
    Pr SVS SB3000 Subs
    Cables & Tubes "subject to change without notification".
    Complete system on battery power/solar
    Core Audio Design Rack
    DIY bass traps and custom curved diffusors.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

lease car advice