Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: AV RoomService-EVP (Equipment Vibration Protectors)

these were sold cheap to find a place in the market.
    now, etablished, they follow normal concept. not overpriced i think.

hey, if you do mind the price, these are very easy to fabricate yourself.
    you might even pimp them with higher grade rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    these were sold cheap to find a place in the market.
    now, etablished, they follow normal concept. not overpriced i think.

hey, if you do mind the price, these are very easy to fabricate yourself.
    you might even pimp them with higher grade rubber.
    There is almost always more than one way to mediate a transfer function. This is one of the underlying principles of TRIZ.

hmm, got to study about TRIZ before i can discuss about with you
    btw, where do you think thouse avp work best? speaker/subwoofer or rather electronics?

more than this, how consistent are the results with various models?

Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    hmm, got to study about TRIZ before i can discuss about with you
    btw, where do you think thouse avp work best? speaker/subwoofer or rather electronics?

more than this, how consistent are the results with various models?
    A great introduction to TRIZ is the book, And Suddenly, the Inventor Appeared by Geinrich Altschuler.

A great place to start with EVPs is under a subwoofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    A great introduction to TRIZ is the book, And Suddenly, the Inventor Appeared by Geinrich Altschuler.

A great place to start with EVPs is under a subwoofer.
    Ditto on that. I started with them under the subwoofers and just loved it.
    Amplification: DartZeel 468 (2) // DartZeel NHB18NS Mk. II
    Tuner: MagnumDynalab 108T/SE
    Table/Cart: J.Sikora Reference // Integrity HiFi Tru-Glider - DSAudio GrandMaster EX // Integrity HiFI Tru-Glider - Ortofon A Mono
    Equalizer/Phono Pre: DSAudio Master3
    Speakers: TAD R-1 MkII, REL Six Pack of REL Carbon Specials
    Power: Nordost QBase8 Mk3, QX4, Qkore1, 3 and 6 (chassis), QK1 (2), QV2 (2), Chord GroundAray (signal), Chord Line Aray (3), Chord Professional, AddPOWR EAU2 (2)
    DAC/Serv-stream: LampiZator Horizon/ Taiko Extreme
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond SE Speaker Cables
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond PCs (7), Evolution Acoustics 50 ohm (Zeel Connection), Nordost Odin2 IC (2), Nordost Valhalla II USB, CH Acoustic X20 IC, Final Touch Audio Elara PCs (6)
    AudioDesk Systeme RCM
    CMS Ultra 2.0 Footers TT (2) and TD (2), Revopods (2) and SortKones and EVPs where they work
    Critical Mass Systems Ultra-Q Rack > Silence Focus Amp Stands

While subs are not a bad place to start, I’ve found them about equally helpful under everything, especially everything that’s on the floor (speakers) and bottom shelf. Four are usually better than three for components, and anything over 15 lbs or so do better with HD, the site’s table aside. Perhaps a very solid floor might be an exception to that. I would say though that given the price rise, Gaia’s might be more price effective for lighter or mid weight speakers (they haven’t gone up in price). I may check out the II under 78 lb actives soon, although 4 x 2” EVPs seem as good under them as 68 pounders so far. Just also give the Gaia a lot of weight leeway on their upper end spec, at least 10% and perhaps as much as 20% or so, to be sure (e.g., Gaia II for a 55 lb speaker, vs. the Gaia I spec of up to 72 lbs).
    Lampizator Atlantic TRP dac, Supratek Chardonnay preamp, Ric Schulz modified Oppo 203, ATC SCM19A active speakers, PS Audio PowerBase, P15 Regenerator AC-12 power cords, AV Roomservice EVPs, MG Audio AG2 XLR/RCA ICs, Purist Audio Design Neptune S/PDIF & HDMI cables, iFi S/PDIF Purifier w/ Paul Hynes SR4 LPS, SR Orange fuses, Furutech GTX-D (R) outlet, Samsung F8000 HDTV, Audioquest Carbon HDMI cable, CATV with Tii-220 cable filter, JL Audio e-110 subs in waiting.
    Desktop: Quad 12L active speakers, RAC ICs, Synergistic Research Black fuses

Banned

Since no one has posted any application pics, here are the EVP's under my REL 212SE sub.
    Love them!

Here's a couple more close up. The Oppo ones are LD, and note that the (68 lb) speaker front right one (HD) has a neoprene washer on top for leveling and looks displaced a bit about halfway up. They do that, without losing effectiveness. Best to locate the speakers first, then place them underneath, but in tweaking a speaker's position that's not possible. Perhaps the 4" would be more resilient, but they were and remain a lot more money.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are the EVPs under a Symposium stand with the REL 212s on top of that. Better bass, way less transfer to the room structure. Works well for me. IMG_0305.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Amplification: DartZeel 468 (2) // DartZeel NHB18NS Mk. II
    Tuner: MagnumDynalab 108T/SE
    Table/Cart: J.Sikora Reference // Integrity HiFi Tru-Glider - DSAudio GrandMaster EX // Integrity HiFI Tru-Glider - Ortofon A Mono
    Equalizer/Phono Pre: DSAudio Master3
    Speakers: TAD R-1 MkII, REL Six Pack of REL Carbon Specials
    Power: Nordost QBase8 Mk3, QX4, Qkore1, 3 and 6 (chassis), QK1 (2), QV2 (2), Chord GroundAray (signal), Chord Line Aray (3), Chord Professional, AddPOWR EAU2 (2)
    DAC/Serv-stream: LampiZator Horizon/ Taiko Extreme
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond SE Speaker Cables
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond PCs (7), Evolution Acoustics 50 ohm (Zeel Connection), Nordost Odin2 IC (2), Nordost Valhalla II USB, CH Acoustic X20 IC, Final Touch Audio Elara PCs (6)
    AudioDesk Systeme RCM
    CMS Ultra 2.0 Footers TT (2) and TD (2), Revopods (2) and SortKones and EVPs where they work
    Critical Mass Systems Ultra-Q Rack > Silence Focus Amp Stands

I’ve been considering them for placement under my new subs. At $189 ea for the 4” product (I need 8) I’m likely to pursue a different solution. Maybe I’ll give the ISO Acosutics ISO-Pucks or the Orea Bourdeax a try.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

How much do your subs weigh? The Music Room in Colorado has good prices on the Gaia models and HiFi Shark is a good place to watch for the used and sometimes new market.
    Lampizator Atlantic TRP dac, Supratek Chardonnay preamp, Ric Schulz modified Oppo 203, ATC SCM19A active speakers, PS Audio PowerBase, P15 Regenerator AC-12 power cords, AV Roomservice EVPs, MG Audio AG2 XLR/RCA ICs, Purist Audio Design Neptune S/PDIF & HDMI cables, iFi S/PDIF Purifier w/ Paul Hynes SR4 LPS, SR Orange fuses, Furutech GTX-D (R) outlet, Samsung F8000 HDTV, Audioquest Carbon HDMI cable, CATV with Tii-220 cable filter, JL Audio e-110 subs in waiting.

Each sub weights 84 pounds plus 34 pounds for the sub platform - 118 pounds for each channel.

Mike

If that platform’s bottom has threaded holes then Gaia 1’s would work. The Music Room advertises them for $430/4 (hifishark.com) and you might do better asking them what they’d be willing to do for 8. That’s a lot of weight, and I can’t imagine Iso-pucks or Oreas cutting it sonically. Beyond that, the Townshend platform products are very well regarded, but they are out of England, so the importer adds a cut. Home | speaker isolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    I’ve been considering them for placement under my new subs. At $189 ea for the 4” product (I need 8) I’m likely to pursue a different solution. Maybe I’ll give the ISO Acosutics ISO-Pucks or the Orea Bourdeax a try.
    Mike,
    You could also potentially use 2 of the new EVP Platform, one under the front of the sub and one at the back, rather than four, one at each corner. I'd price them out and see what's least expensive. Also, I know these are somewhat pricey for the 4" square versions, but my recommendation is to order them and try them out.

Here's something to consider: Yes, they're a bit pricey at $189/each for the 4" square versions, but here's the deal...they are WAY less expensive than having your room re-constructed to solve the same exactly problems these will solve by putting them under your sub.

They come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can use them for 30-days, and if they don't work out, return them for a full refund.

Oh, and for a sub, the correct IsoAcoustic footer is an Gaia II or Gaia I, depending on the weight of the sub. I don't think the ISO-Pucks are designed to support the weight of your subs. Moreover, the Orea are for components, the Gaia series are for speakers and subs. Different products for different applications.

Please keep us apprised of what you decide, and what works out for you, but I will say that putting these under my sub made one of the biggest improvements I've ever made to my system because they made the room considerably quieter.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by highstream View Post
    If that platform’s bottom has threaded holes then Gaia 1’s would work. The Music Room advertises them for $430/4 (hifishark.com) and you might do better asking them what they’d be willing to do for 8. That’s a lot of weight, and I can’t imagine Iso-pucks or Oreas cutting it sonically. Beyond that, the Townshend platform products are very well regarded, but they are out of England, so the importer adds a cut. Home | speaker isolation.
    You're correct, the Iso-Pucks or Oreas won't work for this application. I'm with you, thinking Orea 1 or Orea II will be the correct footer.

Four are usually better than three for components...
    That's my experience with vibration feet too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    That's my experience with vibration feet too.
    It depends. Three feet work great on turntables, because its impossible to rock a tripod.

Also, my Lampizator DAC comes with 3 feet as the standard set-up. Works well in that application, too.

I use 3 with my Lampi TRP too, but that's only because I'm hesitant to take off the feet that come with, which are supposed to be an isolating product. I use four under everything else, though, based on comparisons.

I think you meant Gaia I or II. If you check the weights, the II only goes up to 121 lbs/4. What I learned using III's (72 lbs max) under 68 lb speakers, running close to the limit doesn't cut it. The EVP's provided easily superior isolation to the III's in that situation. Sean Morrison of Isoacoustics had suggested them, then later apologized for misguiding me, saying leave at least 10%. My thinking is more leeway. In any case, I have a set of II's and may give them a try one of these days.

I use 3 with my Lampi TRP too, but that's only because I'm hesitant to take off the feet that come with, which are supposed to be an isolating product. I use four under everything else, though, based on comparisons.

I think you meant Gaia I or II. If you check the weights, the II only goes up to 121 lbs/4. What I learned using III's (72 lbs max) under 68 lb speakers, running close to the limit doesn't cut it. The EVP's provided easily superior isolation to the III's in that situation. Sean Morrison of Isoacoustics had suggested them, then later apologized for misguiding me, saying leave at least 10%. My thinking is more leeway. In any case, I have a set of II's and may give them a try one of these days.
    Those Lampi DACs are pretty sweet, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    Mike,
    You could also potentially use 2 of the new EVP Platform, one under the front of the sub and one at the back, rather than four, one at each corner. I'd price them out and see what's least expensive. Also, I know these are somewhat pricey for the 4" square versions, but my recommendation is to order them and try them out.

Here's something to consider: Yes, they're a bit pricey at $189/each for the 4" square versions, but here's the deal...they are WAY less expensive than having your room re-constructed to solve the same exactly problems these will solve by putting them under your sub.

They come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can use them for 30-days, and if they don't work out, return them for a full refund.

Oh, and for a sub, the correct IsoAcoustic footer is an Gaia II or Gaia I, depending on the weight of the sub. I don't think the ISO-Pucks are designed to support the weight of your subs. Moreover, the Orea are for components, the Gaia series are for speakers and subs. Different products for different applications.

Please keep us apprised of what you decide, and what works out for you, but I will say that putting these under my sub made one of the biggest improvements I've ever made to my system because they made the room considerably quieter.

Cheers!
    Thanks for your thoughts Stephen.

The Iso Puck 76 and Orea Bordeaux would be able to handle the weight without issues. Also looking at the Gaias. The decision will depend on being able to get a platform to accommodate them.

As for the A/V Room products, the plates are much more expensive than the EVPs.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

AV RoomService-EVP (Equipment Vibration Protectors)