AV RoomService-EVP (Equipment Vibration Protectors) - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AV RoomService-EVP (Equipment Vibration Protectors)

Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    $45 dollars? That sounds expensive!

These 2" x 2"x 7/8" isolators are for sale at Amazon for less than $10 for a package of four. I wonder how much different they are. By the way, I use the 4" x 4" under my turntable and they do damp the vibration from the equipment rack.

DiversiTech MP2-E E.V.A. Anti-Vibration Pad, 2" x 2" x 7/8" , Pack of 4
    They look similar, but the DiversiTech pads are for heavy machinery and made of foam or cork, where EVPs are made of layers of glass fibers working as leaf springs. If you look at the DiversiTech information you'll find that they for machinery starting at 50 psi, so for four 2" pads your equipment needs to weigh about 400 lbs, and four of the 4" would mean 800 lbs. They don't publish minimum loads, and in order for isolation pads to function, they need to be loaded properly- too much or too little weight and they don't isolate. EVPs are designed specifically for audio equipment- meaning that they control vibrations from sub through the audible bandwidth, and their resonant frequency is below the audio spectrum (actually about 3 Hz.). DiversiTech doesn't publish any lab tests, but if they did, you'd likely find resonant frequencies in the audible spectrum, which is not a good thing for noise control or sound quality.

2. Thanks nicoff, Jim Smith thanked for this post
    Likes Jim Smith liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2.

Post Thanks / Like

Give these a try under heavier items.

https://www.alpinehomeair.com/viewpr...c&utm_campaign
    Main System: Analog - Linn LP12, Origin Live DC motor and Controller, SME V arm, Benz Ruby H 2 cartridge, Wright Sound preamp. Digital - Intel NUC I-7, 16 gig ram, Jriver media center 24, Wyrd4 Sound 2V2 SE Dac, Fathom Hard Drives.
    H-Cat Version 9 preamp, ARC Reference 75 amp, Custom line source speakers - 10 SB Acoustics midwoofers, 10 Fountek ribbon tweeters. JL Audio Fathom f112 Subs
    Wire - T G Audio, Siltech, Audioquest, Teo, Lewis silver foil.

Post Thanks / Like

I just put the 2” x 2” isolators bought from Amazon under my speakers and they work great. I put 4 isolators under each speaker. A less than $13 tweak that works great. That’s what I call good value.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3