Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Cables? What Brand/Model do you use?

See my post #30 of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechnutt View Post
    Is any one using Duelund 12g wire for speaker cables? I am thinking about giving it a try. I was wondering how they sound.
    My System
    Acoustic Revive RTP-4
    Innuos Pulsar
    Lampizator BALTIC4
    Cary SLP-05
    Pass XA30.5 or
    Line Magnetic 845ia
    Reference 3A Reflector's
    Pr SVS SB3000 Subs
    Cables & Tubes "subject to change without notification".
    Complete system on battery power/solar
    Core Audio Design Rack
    DIY bass traps and custom curved diffusors.

Quote Originally Posted by jadedavid View Post
    See my post #30 of this thread.
    I saw that you commented on the Duelund IC's but not speaker cables. I can pick up the 12g speaker wire for about $20 per meter. I need about 4 meters for each speaker due to placement of my electronics.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

Yes, I noted both IC's and SC's in the post and in our test the results for either were the same.
    Your results may vary.
    If you have a more detailed or lively speaker that you wish to somewhat tame then these may work for you.
    My System
    Acoustic Revive RTP-4
    Innuos Pulsar
    Lampizator BALTIC4
    Cary SLP-05
    Pass XA30.5 or
    Line Magnetic 845ia
    Reference 3A Reflector's
    Pr SVS SB3000 Subs
    Core Audio Design Rack

Super Moderator

I think this has turned out to be, and is proving to be, a very fruitful discussion.

Thank you everyone and please keep it going if you want to add anything.
    Last edited by joeinid; January 3, 2019 at 06:16 PM.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Is any one using Duelund 12g wire for speaker cables? I am thinking about giving it a try. I was wondering how they sound.
    Yes.

I like them.
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Duelund: Individual + and - runs or do u braid them?
    "We all know real when we hear it"

- WyWires Platinum ICs
    - Cardas Clear Beyond phono
    - AQ Vodka Ethernet everywhere
    - Inakustik LS Reference 4004 AIR for speakers
    - Shunyata Alpha HC, Digital, NR, WyWires Platinum power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    Duelund: Individual + and - runs or do u braid them?
    Lightly braided - maybe 2-3 twists per foot - at most.
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

I've always been a believer in a cable loom or system. Especially in keeping the interconnects and speaker cables from the same manufacturer and possible the same line and or cable type( eg. all cooper etc) Maybe its the OCD in me but, all the best sounding systems I've ever heard always used this approach; regardless of the brand of speaker cable/interconnect.

To that end, I've used Audioquest cooper based in the past with great success (speaker+interconnect) Always felt that the DBS system gave such a low noise floor and smooth clean sound.

But, when I wanted more resolution the only option in AQ was to move up to their Silver cables Fire Interconnects and Redwood Speaker cables.

Even if I purchased them one at time ; the total end cost was more than wanted to spend.

MIT EVO One replaced them and surpassed expectations I had about "network" cables. Simply put, as a whole system MIT interconnects and speaker cables simply surpassed the AQ I had (Earth and Oak).

And at less of a cost than AQ silver cables.

I can't imagine what the higher end MIT Oracle cables are like.

For power, I've always used and trusted Shunyata Research and felt no need to try or compare anything else. Started with Venom and moved up to the Alpha line on all components with their Zi-Tron technology.

This combo MIT Speaker Cables/Interconnects+Shunyata Power cables has been a winner for me in terms of synergy and gotten me off the cable merry go round in this hobby.

Although I'm sure there are many fine alternatives; I'm happy with these products in my system.

Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post
    I've always been a believer in a cable loom or system. Especially in keeping the interconnects and speaker cables from the same manufacturer and possible the same line and or cable type( eg. all cooper etc) Maybe its the OCD in me but, all the best sounding systems I've ever heard always used this approach; regardless of the brand of speaker cable/interconnect.
    That's what I have with my interconnects and speaker cables, all ZenWave Audio (silver/gold alloy).

To that end, I've used Audioquest cooper based in the past with great success (speaker+interconnect) Always felt that the DBS system gave such a low noise floor and smooth clean sound.

But, when I wanted more resolution the only option in AQ was to move up to their Silver cables Fire Interconnects and Redwood Speaker cables.

Even if I purchased them one at time ; the total end cost was more than wanted to spend.

MIT EVO One replaced them and surpassed expectations I had about "network" cables. Simply put, as a whole system MIT interconnects and speaker cables simply surpassed the AQ I had (Earth and Oak).

And at less of a cost than AQ silver cables.
    I get the high resolution from ZenWave, at a much more reasonable cost than what in most cases you would have to pay elsewhere for that.
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC / Octave HP 700 preamp / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

I am an enthusiastic Shunyata cable (power and IC) fan. I started with the entry Venom power cable years ago on my amps at that time, and haven't looked back. Each cable I added made an obvious improvement to the sound. Granted, it is possible another vendor might also have the same effect, but at this time I have zero reason to try another vendor.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Big fan of Tinned Copper here.
    Started with Belden 8402 as ICs + Duelund DCA 16 GA for speaker cable.

Then discovered the magic of Western Electric ...
    WE 18 awg based power cable
    WE 12 awg speaker cable

WE speaker cable connected bare wire.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

The Duelund wire (and "audio-grade" tinned-copper wire in general) is quite detailed and yields a rich / intense tone -- very engaging.

Duelund makes this wire in both 12awg and 16awg. Relative to the 12awg, the 16awg is a little less weighty and a bit more nimble. So, depending upon your system and sound preferences one might fit better than the other.
    alp-tone audio
    Hi-Fidelity Audio Cables

alp-tone.com

Love the Duelund if your system don’t need to add anything it will be the good choice. I would recommend the 16awg for tube amp or 12 awg for SS
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Love the Duelund if your system don’t need to add anything it will be the good choice. I would recommend the 16awg for tube amp or 12 awg for SS
    I replaced my set of 3 meter bi-wire 16 GA speaker cables with a single - not bi-wired - set of 12 GA & preferred the 12 GA overall. I think this depends on the system, the set-up, and not least by any means - personal taste.

Also, the best results with any Duelund speaker cables that I've heard have typically been with higher efficiency speakers.

My Tannoys are 96dB/1W/1M 8 ohms.

www.getbettersound.com

You can buy the Duelund 12g for about $20 per meter. I use the 16g which costs $10/meter. Price wise, they are very inexpensive.

Someone loaned me some very expensive cables (a few thousand a pair) and I saw no reason to move away from the Duelund. I should add that I am cable skeptical guy so ymmv.

I’m using a combination of Shunyata (Sigma for Amp & Pre, Alpha for Digital and Phono Pre, and Delta for TT motor and controller) for PCs and Anaconda for SC. XLR ICs are Kimber Select (1116 and 1126).

Probably time to upgrade the speaker cables.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

I use a combo of Ansuz C2 and D-TC. D-TC from the wall to the Mainz D-TC. C2 for the U300 and speaker cables. D-TC digital and almost forgot an Ansuz X ethernet from the switch to the Naim UnitiServe. If I were to upgrade any cable it would be the the C2 for the U300 to the D2. Very significant upgrade.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

I started out years back with Van dun Hul cables, most notably The Clearwater [what a great name for a loudspeaker cable] and their most famous interconnects the D-102’s.

I then jumped into the Audioquest product range. I can’t remember the product names.

I then fell in love with Nordost and I worked my way through their extensive range with my first purchase being Blue Heaven interconnects and loudspeaker cables and Vishnu power cords. These were later upgraded to Red Dawn and again to Heimdall and again to Valhalla before reaching the top of the tree with the Odin.

And that brings us to where we are today. Ansuz Cables. The Ansuz cables have pretty much replaced all the Nordost ones. Ansuz P and Ansuz C where upgrades to Heimdall and Valhalla and Ansuz D and Ansuz C2 killed Odin.

In addition Van dun Hul, Audioquest and Nordost – over the years I have also tried lots of other cables including Belden, QED, Chord, Ecosse, Wireworld, Audience, MIT, Cardas, Kubala-Sonsa Research and Crystal.

I kept arriving at three conclusions. First, cables make a difference. Second, you have to audition cables in your own system changing a single cable at a time to appreciate this difference. Third, cable synergy is my preference. I prefer to keep the manufacturer choice consistent throughout the system. A common design approach and consistency of materials reduces variables and is much easier to work with.

There’s no denying that you can spend pretty much unlimited funds on cables. I don’t dare to add up what I’ve spent on cables over the years. My pursuit has not been a question of how much money is spent on cables – rather a question of how to extract every cent of performance I can and thus get full value from existing HiFi equipment I own.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Ralph I also started with Nordost Frey and thought they were great. When I got my first Ansuz C I thought I was was really disappointed. But I was only listening for tonality changes. Then I heard what I would describe as more 'soul' in the instruments but more importantly in the vocals. Sure it cost more more but for me was worth hearing what is more lifelike soulful music.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Ralph I also started with Nordost Frey and thought they were great. When I got my first Ansuz C I thought I was was really disappointed. But I was only listening for tonality changes. Then I heard what I would describe as more 'soul' in the instruments but more importantly in the vocals. Sure it cost more more but for me was worth hearing what is more lifelike soulful music.
    I hear you George.

Cable evaluations need to consider the big picture. We often try - perhaps too hard - to pick out small differences and use these small differences to arrive at what we hope is a rational decision. Sometimes, we are better off to simply sit back, relax and ask ourselves which musical performance resonates and emotionally connects with us - because that is the recipe for long term satisfaction.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

I should have clarified that I was referring to the original C speaker cables not power cords or interconnects.
    George

I use a combo of Ansuz C2 and D-TC. D-TC from the wall to the Mainz D-TC. C2 for the U300 and speaker cables. D-TC digital and almost forgot an Ansuz X ethernet from the switch to the Naim UnitiServe. If I were to upgrade any cable it would be the the C2 for the U300 to the D2. Very significant upgrade.
    George, would you say that D-TC power cables are better than D2's? Would you pay less for used D-TC's than discounted D2's?
    Bud<br>

AAVIK: S-280 Streamer, D-280 DAC, I-280 Integrated Amplifier]
    NAIM: Atom HE Headphone Amp, Superlumina Speaker Cables, Power Cables
    HARBETH: 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers
    FOCAL:: Utopia Headphones
    ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect
    NORDOST: Heimdall 2 Ethernet and Power Cables
    QUADRASPIRE: SVT Equipment Stand
    SKYLAN: Speaker Stands
    UPTONE:Linear Power Supply
    DANACABLE:: Headphone cables

Absolutely. The D-TC is a pretty big step up from the D2.
    George

Absolutely. The D-TC is a pretty big step up from the D2.
    Good to hear! I have two maybe three D-TC's to sell at a good price.
    Bud<br>

AAVIK: S-280 Streamer, D-280 DAC, I-280 Integrated Amplifier]
    NAIM: Atom HE Headphone Amp, Superlumina Speaker Cables, Power Cables
    HARBETH: 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers
    FOCAL:: Utopia Headphones
    ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect
    NORDOST: Heimdall 2 Ethernet and Power Cables
    QUADRASPIRE: SVT Equipment Stand
    SKYLAN: Speaker Stands
    UPTONE:Linear Power Supply
    DANACABLE:: Headphone cables

Can someone tell me which of these Duelund cables is best for speakers? Thanks.

https://www.partsconnexion.com/cgi-b...p=20&sort_by=1

Those that use it use either DCA12GA ot DCA16GA
    My System
    Acoustic Revive RTP-4
    Innuos Pulsar
    Lampizator BALTIC4
    Cary SLP-05
    Pass XA30.5 or
    Line Magnetic 845ia
    Reference 3A Reflector's
    Pr SVS SB3000 Subs
    Core Audio Design Rack

Quote Originally Posted by RDSChicago View Post

For most applications and what I've read from Dueland fans, they generally recommend the 12AWG tinned copper with oil impregnated cotton jacket as being best.

Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Unheard of... to have two audiophiles agree on anything audio related!

Thank you!

Rob

Dueland recommends bare wire ends but if you want to add connectors look at the Furez solid copper ones from Douglas Connection. Easy to use with double Torx screw connection.

https://www.douglasconnection.com/se...keywords=furez
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Unheard of... to have two audiophiles agree on anything audio related!
    Actually 3 - I have used Duelund IC & speaker cables for several years.

www.getbettersound.com

I use 16 awg and love them. I got a try the 12 awg soon. Haven’t open the bag yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I use 16 awg and love them. I got a try the 12 awg soon. Haven’t open the bag yet.
    In some applications the 16AWG is preferred, and your setup with AG speakers and Kondo electronics may be an example. Only way to know is to try them both!

Necessary caveat: All of our ears, systems, rooms, are different! BUT.....

Power Cables: During the last year or so I have been through the upper levels of Shunyata, Nordost, and AQ. For my system and my ear I came to these conclusions:

Nordost Power: Way too much money for what you are getting. Nice? Yes, but the competition seems to have them beat for what is often a substantially lower price when considering the higher end of the line. I kind of feel like their technology is aging on the power front.

Shunyata Power: Fine but did not really stand out one way or another. Definitely a high quality brand, nice and smooth, etc, but I can't say I noticed a real signature sound of those cables in my system. I'm sure others will disagree. I do absolutely love the Typhon / Triton combo with a hurricane coming from the wall. Better than the Niagara 5000/7000? I think so... I think it's just a finer wine, but at a substantially higher price. Worth it? Depends on your system. I have a hurricane > Niagara 5000 on my home theatre and have zero reason to change it out. It really helped power movies correctly with a strong and constant feed to my power amp. It also calmed down all of the little boxes like directv, apple tv, etc.

AQ Power: The first Hurricane I put in my system was a revelation moment... next level of technology to me. ABSOLUTELY the best bang for the buck for me, and I could be happy for life with hurricanes. Yet, I liked the hurricanes so much that I bit the bullet and went for dragons. Dragons are in the silly price range for sure, and I doubt many systems out there will notice much more than an incremental change (maaaaaybe 1.5 levels higher than a hurricane for 4x the cost). You would need to do an A-B comparison to really "miss" the dragon over the hurricane. BUT, there is no doubt that a loom of dragons make a great system sparkle like a diamond in a way that hurricanes can't achieve. I really question if there is a better power cable than the dragon. In short, get the dragon if you have entered the somewhat crazy level of audiophile land, as you won't regret it... especially if your gear is at a high enough level to really benefit from the dragon. My experience is the better the gear, the higher the sensitivity to small changes. Or, get hurricanes and save the money for other gear that will actually make a much more substantial improvement.

Side note: I also got a bunch of the AQ X, Y, and Z cables for my TV's, apple TV, directv, etc. I think they really helped.

Speakers and interconnects:

I went through various Nordost lines (Heimdall 2/ Frey2 / Tyr 2 / Valhalla 2). V2 is great. Good enough that I stopped there before Odin. It's commonly said that Nordost is slightly to the bright side, and I would agree. But, I like that. Nordost is well respected and all, but the prices don't always seem to match up well with the competition for me. I have moved on to MIT 2C3D Level 1 for speakers and for the interconnect from preamp > amp. I made the choice because MIT and Magico are a great fit due to MIT being what Magico has commonly used in development of their speakers. I would agree that MIT has something special. For me, they have a thicker feeling than Nordost, definitely better layers and snappiness in the low and low mids, and slightly tilted to a darker side... slightly. I hear AQ speaker cables in a very similar way, but MIT speaker/interconnect just seem to produce a far classier sound than AQ in all ways to me.

I still use Nordost Heimdall 2 and Frey 2 on my home theatre. I love them for that use, as they keep the sound wide open and with plenty of air for me. That helps with sports games, and balances out movies that have lots of low end sound.

One brand I really wish I tried more was Transparent. I have heard some fabulous systems with their cables, but I have no idea if I would have liked them in my system.
    Jeremy

Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Power Amp: VAC 200iQ (stereo)
    Source/DAC/Preamplifier: MSB Reference DAC (Femto 77 / Dual Powerbase)
    Power: Shunyata Triton V3 / Shunyata Typhon QR / AQ NRG 20 Outlet / Dedicated 20 amp circuit
    -------------
    Power Cables: AQ Dragons to components / AQ Hurricane to Typhon QR
    Speaker Cables: MIT Heritage MI 2C3D - Level 1
    Interconnects: MIT Heritage MI 2C3D - Level 1 (XLR)
    Ethernet: AQ Vodka > Aqvox SE > AQ Diamond > MSB Reference DAC
    Racks: Critical Mass Sotto Voce with Black Platinum shelves

Rob,

A word of caution ... the Duelunds have a brutal burn in period.
    They tend to sound great at first and then start behaving a little erratic.

Key is to just stick through the wild swings and wait for about 200 hrs before they settle down.

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Greetings, my own experiences with various cables has been an interesting journey to say the least. My current cable array is as follows:
    Wireworld Starlight Platinum 7 USB, Black Cat Silverstar USB, Furutech 75 Ohm digital cable, Linn Blacks RCA, and the speaker wire/cabling is 47 Laboratory Stratos. 40 mm. My most amazing results are from the 47 Labs speaker wire, relatively inexpensive and the most “bang for the buck” I have experienced. Thank you for looking!
    Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

My goodies, changes again, Still modest, but effective...(at least on my level).
    47 Laboratory Midnight Blue 4733, Audiolab 6000CDT, OPPO BDP103, iFi Zen Blue, Sparkler Audio S301B diva. Cabling: RCA, Linn Blacks,
    47 Laboratory 4708 speaker cables. Morrow Audio DIG3 w/KLE Pure Harmony connectors. DH Labs Red Wave A/C power (for the 4733) Yep,that's it. My aim is high, but sometimes I forget to wear my glasses...

I'm using Bis Audio.
    For the speakers, it’s the Type3 bi-wire, two paires of Vivat interconnects ( one pair RCA-RCA and one paire balanced) and the power cables are all AC20.
    It’s a small business from near Montreal, Qc.
    Modwright KWH 225i + PH 9.0 - Rega P8 + Ania Pro - Audiolab 9000CDT - Elac AF-61/Gaia II - Luna Cable Mauve

Complete system wired with MIT’s best products. Performance is just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony007 View Post
    Nice. I’m also an MIT user and was proven wrong about their technology. Was never a fan of “networked cables” until I actually gave MIT cables a try in my own system.

I’ve found that a full of loom of MIT (interconnects +speaker cables) are ideal to get hear the full benefit they can deliver. Rather than one pair of interconnects or just the speaker cables and mixed with other brands.

However, the end result is a very big, open and dynamic sound. Such presence and you are there feeling. At least IMHO.

Of course this hobby is very subjective but, MIT cables have delivered for me and are an end game destination cable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony007 View Post
    as is the price ...........
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    as is the price ...........
    Excellence is rarely cheap

If you don't want to pay the insane current gen prices and don't use all the knobs, switches, etc. (which I don't and which IMO ruin the sound other than the treble and bass tone controls which are handy if needed) their last gen Oracle cables (relatively speaking, super affordable second hand) get you all the way there to current gen Oracle less a little bit of speed, which can in any case be realized elsewhere in the chain.
    EMM Labs TX2 SE|DA2 V2| Ayre KX-R Twenty | D'Agostino Momentum M400 | Focal Maestro Utopia III | MIT Oracle MA | VH Audio | Shunyata King Cobra CX | Shunyata Everest | Harmonic Resolution Systems | CAD Ground Control

Quote Originally Posted by Bar81 View Post

If you don't want to pay the insane current gen prices and don't use all the knobs, switches, etc. (which I don't and which IMO ruin the sound other than the treble and bass tone controls which are handy if needed) their last gen Oracle cables (relatively speaking, super affordable second hand) get you all the way there to current gen Oracle less a little bit of speed, which can in any case be realized elsewhere in the chain.
    +1

Also consider the new 2C3D line from MIT.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post
    +1

Also consider the new 2C3D line from MIT.
    +1. That’s what we use in the store.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Bar81 View Post
    .................................................. ............................
    In the case of audio interconnect cables, excellence is not very expensive either!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    +1. That’s what we use in the store.

MIT 2C3D cables are outstanding.

My version of 'excellence' will need to include a reasonable price, something like 80% of the performance at 20% of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    My version of 'excellence' will need to include a reasonable price, something like 80% of the performance at 20% of the price.
    It's easy to get 100% or more of the performance at under 5% of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    It's easy to get 100% or more of the performance at under 5% of the price.
    Sounds wonderful. What are you using in your system?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Cables? What Brand/Model do you use?