Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator

Re: A few quick photos of a system in flux - Duo XD ...

I am sure the O/93 with a 10 ohm 93 dB sensitivity will be absolutely stellar with the Valvet E2. It's a superb amp and I could be extremely happy with it as my solid state reference.

This review below nails it!

http://10audio.com/valvet-e2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by jadedavid View Post
    No problem Joe, thanks for the response.
    I was curious as I have an itch to get some O/93's and was curious as to how they would work with them.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Thank you. If you are in anyway thinking about Avantgarde speakers, please demo a pair.
    Yes you are abosultely right. I will. Having a demo in my listening room would be the best
    ATB
    Michael Gravlund

Bricasti M12, Bricasti M15, Franco Serblin Ktema , Nuuk i7 with ROCK, Sotm SGD10 Switch, Dyrholm Cables Zodiac, Audioquest Vodka Ethernet , Tellerium Black Diamant Ethernet , Quadraspire X Reference, PS Audio P10. HOFA Acoustic , Vicoustic

Super Moderator

I am surprised and excited every time that I listen to my system. Having the musicians right in front of me is such a cool feeling.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jadedavid View Post
    Joe,
    Have you looked into the compatibility of the VALVET E-2 with the 16ohm load that your speakers present? Adding a resistor?
    I just received a response from Valvet regarding 16 ohm loads on the E2 amp. It’s absolutely fine but power does drop to about 5wpc at 16 ohms. I’m sure your 10 ohm Devore will split the difference and be somewhere around 10wpc but still plenty of power in my opinion.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I just received a response from Valvet regarding 16 ohm loads on the E2 amp. It’s absolutely fine but power does drop to about 5wpc at 16 ohms. I’m sure your 10 ohm Devore will split the difference and be somewhere around 10wpc but still plenty of power in my opinion.
    Thanks for the info, good to know.
    I'm sure your AG's are spectacular.
    I heard some at the Florida Expo and really liked them.
    A little pricey for me at this time. Although after all of the speakers that I have bought and sold (at a loss I might add) I probably could have had the AG's paid for by now. LOL
    My System
    Acoustic Revive RTP-4
    Innuos Pulsar
    Lampizator BALTIC4
    Cary SLP-05
    Pass XA30.5 or
    Line Magnetic 845ia
    Reference 3A Reflector's
    Pr SVS SB3000 Subs
    Cables & Tubes "subject to change without notification".
    Complete system on battery power/solar
    Core Audio Design Rack
    DIY bass traps and custom curved diffusors.

Super Moderator

After selling a bunch of gear, it was an easier stretch for me. Knowing what I know now, I could have saved a boatload on some mistakes but the journey was fun.

NAD C 658 streamer.

After selling a bunch of gear, it was an easier stretch for me. Knowing what I know now, I could have saved a boatload on some mistakes but the journey was fun.
    Joe, I don’t think there really are mistakes in this hobby A few quick photos of a system in flux - Duo XD .... The journey is the destination.

There just is no substitute to hearing something in your own system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Super Moderator

I do agree. Even hearing the same piece in someone else’s system it’s never the same in my own.

I’ve never been happier with what I’m hearing now.

NAD C 658 streamer.

hey joe, it's been some months since you got the avantgarde's set up. what is your rig looking like now in terms of upstream gear and amps? also, any thoughts to share after 6+ months of ownership - i'm realizing my curiosity about high efficiency horns and speakers has been growing for a while and i could possibly see a pair in my future

Super Moderator

Hi,

I have to say that I’m extremely happy with them.

The McIntosh gear that I had was good but gone now. Not because it was bad or anything, I just found gear I enjoyed more on my Duo.

I also sold my Bricasti dac. I’m looking forward to getting something a little smoother and sweeter dac-wise.

My Duo are phenomenal performers. For me, best solid state amp is my SIT-3. I’m trying to get my hands on a pair of SIT-1 monos as was recommended to me. The Accuphase and Valvet are wonderful too but a little more neutral.

My GAT2 works perfectly with my SIT3. Other amps with the gat2 have too much gain.

The Misho wooden combo is superb, best tube combo for my Duo. The Luxman MQ300 is superb also, a little sweeter and meatier than other tube gear. I love rotating through the different combinations of gear because it keeps it fresh.

Low gain, low noise gear is a must but damn, there’s a concert in my room every night.

Avantgarde speakers are a destination. If you are the least bit curious, definitely check them out. A proper demo will blow you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Skanda View Post
    hey joe, it's been some months since you got the avantgarde's set up. what is your rig looking like now in terms of upstream gear and amps? also, any thoughts to share after 6+ months of ownership - i'm realizing my curiosity about high efficiency horns and speakers has been growing for a while and i could possibly see a pair in my future

NAD C 658 streamer.

Hi,

I have to say that I’m extremely happy with them.

The McIntosh gear that I had was good but gone now. Not because it was bad or anything, I just found gear I enjoyed more on my Duo.

I also sold my Bricasti dac. I’m looking forward to getting something a little smoother and sweeter dac-wise.

My Duo are phenomenal performers. For me, best solid state amp is my SIT-3. I’m trying to get my hands on a pair of SIT-1 monos as was recommended to me. The Accuphase and Valvet are wonderful too but a little more neutral.

My GAT2 works perfectly with my SIT3. Other amps with the gat2 have too much gain.

The Misho wooden combo is superb, best tube combo for my Duo. The Luxman MQ300 is superb also, a little sweeter and meatier than other tube gear. I love rotating through the different combinations of gear because it keeps it fresh.

Low gain, low noise gear is a must but damn, there’s a concert in my room every night.

Avantgarde speakers are a destination. If you are the least bit curious, definitely check them out. A proper demo will blow you away.

thanks for the detailed response! i would love to demo - did you fly down to mike's?

Super Moderator

No, I had decided a long time ago that’s what I wanted after hearing Uno XD at a local audiophile’s home. I could not stop thinking about them. The stars aligned and was able to finally get a pair. I took a bit of a chance but I was extremely confident. Absolutely no regret.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe
    Any current photos of your current setup? From this last post there have been many changes since the inception of this thread.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Super Moderator

I’ll have to straighten up a little and take a few photos.

Since I rotate gear in and out, I’m not as organized as I should be.

NAD C 658 streamer.

So Joe, the SIT-1s, SIT-3, or Wood? GAT2, Stage 2, or Wood? Any decisions on direction for DAC? Inquiring minds want to know ....

Still loving the Stage 2 here... I personally believe you should try out a T+A amp with your Duo's... it would surprise you. Been having fun playing around on the dark side (vinyl). Certainly not the same level as my digital but very nostalgic for me.

By the way, at first I thought the orange was a bit over the top but the more I look at them the more I consider them to look rather awesome!
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Super Moderator

Thank you Randy!

No ultimate decision on a dac. But, MSB is very high on the list for next year. Chord and a few others might command a demo but I’m not in a rush, financially speaking.

The Avantgarde are funny. Tube amps pretty much rule, but very high powered SS can be a little hard or glassy. Low to medium power SS and tubes like First Watt, VAC, Luxman, Valvet, Misho Wooden, etc. are glorious.

The GAT2, STP-SE stage 2 and Misho Wooden preamp are all spectacular depending on gain of amp.

GAT2 with Luxman and First Watt is insanely good.
    Last edited by joeinid; November 19, 2019 at 08:14 PM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thank you Randy!

No ultimate decision on a dac. But, MSB is very high on the list for next year. Chord and a few others might command a demo but I’m not in a rush, financially speaking.

The Avantgarde are funny. Tube amps pretty much rule, but very high powered SS can be a little hard or glassy. Low to medium power SS and tubes like First Watt, VAC, Luxman, Valvet, Misho Wooden, etc. are glorious.

The GAT2, STP-SE stage 2 and Misho Wooden preamp are all spectacular depending on gain of amp.

GAT2 with Luxman and First Watt is insanely good.
    Nice... I'm sure the First Watt amps are spectacular! I would love to compare this little T+A ; I know a different league but it did beat out the Audio Mirrors in my view, which I never imagined would happen. I just had to give it time to break in .

The MSB would definitely be on my list. I would love to know how much better they are then my T+A. I bet the rest of my system is not good enough to appreciate the difference.
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Thank you Randy!

Hey Joe, you should check out the rockna wavedream signature. I was looking at chord (upgraded from a qbd76 hdsd - the flagship before the dave) and ultimately settled for the rockna. it's incredible.
    I ended up getting the matching wavedream net server and i have just been blown away by the performance. I am genuinely shocked at what difference the server made esp since I am not even using it in i2s output just yet. It's really been one of the biggest audio revelations I've had - a computer is a computer is a computer so I thought...Even if you go with another dac, I feel like servers should be experimented with.

Super Moderator

I’ve seen demos on YouTube of the rockna, it seems very impressive. By the time I make a decision, I’m sure there will be a few more to get my attention.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Hey Joe, you should check out the rockna wavedream signature. I was looking at chord (upgraded from a qbd76 hdsd - the flagship before the dave) and ultimately settled for the rockna. it's incredible.
    I ended up getting the matching wavedream net server and i have just been blown away by the performance. I am genuinely shocked at what difference the server made esp since I am not even using it in i2s output just yet. It's really been one of the biggest audio revelations I've had - a computer is a computer is a computer so I thought...Even if you go with another dac, I feel like servers should be experimented with.

NAD C 658 streamer.

No-ho way-hey A few quick photos of a system in flux - Duo XD ....

As you write, the server is part of your source. Same way as if you use a suboptimal turn table with a top cart.

The server has huge influence.

“Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Joe, for a man of your experience and vast repertoire, I’m quite surprised you haven’t tried the new MSB family of DACs yet. Even Discrete in its bare form is quite remarkable to say the least.

Super Moderator

I know, I know. Mike and I talk all the time. He thinks, based on what I like, that MSB would be perfect. We’ll see what happens after the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Joe, for a man of your experience and vast repertoire, I’m quite surprised you haven’t tried the new MSB family of DACs yet. Even Discrete in its bare form is quite remarkable to say the least.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Everything looks beautiful. Congratulations!!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Andik777 View Post
    Thank you so much, but all the McIntosh gear is gone. Some to my brother and the rest to others.

I know I need updated photos and I’ll do it. I apologize in advance. It’s going to take me a while. The Wooden combo and GAT2/First Watt combo usually get the most play time.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Andik777 View Post
    Thank you so much, but all the McIntosh gear in that photo is gone. Some to my brother and the rest to others.

I know I need updated photos and I’ll do it. I apologize in advance. It’s going to take me a while. The Wooden combo and GAT2/First Watt combo usually get the most play time.
    Last edited by joeinid; November 20, 2019 at 08:50 AM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thank you so much, but all the McIntosh gear is gone. Some to my brother and the rest to others.

Thanks Joeinid, I'll be attentive

[QUOTE=Kuoppis;287221]No-ho way-hey A few quick photos of a system in flux - Duo XD ....

As you write, the server is part of your source. Same way as if you use a suboptimal turn table with a top cart.

The server has huge influence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/

I am using it as a roon endpoint at the moment and will most likely take the roon core off my laptop and have the wavedream net be the roon core - perhaps more performance to be squeezed out this way? When I get my hands on a nice i2s cable I will see what diff that makes as well, currently using a wireworld gold aes/ebu cable. Not to derail this thread but I was using a metrum ambre as a roon endpoint before and the change was immediately noticeable with the bass tightening up and having greater midbass punch. the soundstage got significantly deeper. I am stunned by the difference...to me it was similar to the time when I changed around preamps and noticed what a huge difference they were having on the tonality of the system. I got the dac just a little under a year ago so can't comment on if the dac was a bigger diff or the server but they are making some MUSIC together.

I hate using this cliche audiophile anecdote but, yes, even non audio friends noticed the difference immediately. "woah, something sounds different and bigger". even my gf who loves the rig but can't sit still and listen to music said "i know you get stuff and theres always something slightly different, but whatever your new piece is has everything sounding very real".

And Joe, you're totally right. There is always a latest and greatest esp in digital. For my ears, in my current room, and with my current system. I think I've found my digital endgame...for now!

Oh nice, were you selling your duo before? I got mine from Mike Suncoast and mentioned that you might be selling yours.

Super Moderator

Everything is for sale.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Everything is for sale.
    And if it’s not currently for sale, it will be shortly.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Everything is for sale.
    Joe's audio outlet... I envision Crazy Eddie.... everything is on sale... we are just CCCCRRRRRAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Super Moderator

Hahahaha!

That was funny.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Exactly

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Nice set up!!

A few quick photos of a system in flux - Duo XD ...

Very nice set up! Double post, lol

No, I had decided a long time ago that’s what I wanted after hearing Uno XD at a local audiophile’s home. I could not stop thinking about them. The stars aligned and was able to finally get a pair. I took a bit of a chance but I was extremely confident. Absolutely no regret.
    I have the Uno XD´s also in my system nr. 2. I think they are really really good! And a very good value also (though they are not cheap).
    Speakers: Adyton Imagic 2.0 TC (line source), Subs: Audio Physic Minos x2, Amp: Adyton Cordis 1.7 Silver Signature, Pre: Burmester 077, RIAA: Burmester 100, Kondo GE-1, Consolidated MU-metal stepup Phono: Acoustic Signature Invictus Jr, Avid Acutus Ref. SP, Bergmann Galder, Technics sl-1000r, Michell Gyrodec, Arms: Acoustic Signature TA9000Neo, SME V with NO cabling, Bergmann Odin, SME 309, Thomas Schick 12´, FR64S, PU´s: Lyra Atlas SL, Kiseki PH, DS Audio W2, SPU 85th ann., VdH Colibri XGW Master Sig. Strad. Cables: Nordost Valhalla2, Odin1 and Odin2, Power: Adyton 6kw trafo, Burmester 948, Isotek Supertitan, Nordost QRT QX2, QX4, Qv2, Rack: Aavik titanium rack, Absolare, Kanso wall-shelf, NO Sort Kones TC, BC, Sort Fut, Ansuz Darkz B:TC, Grounding: Nordost QKORE6
    System 2: Kondo Overture PM2,, Michell Gyrodec, Naim NDX streamer, Burmester 113 DAC, Avantgarde Uno XD, Nordost Valhalla, Audio Insight Isovolt 3 kw trafo.

Say it ain't so, Joe
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    I enjoyed that, I laughed out loud a few times. The last paragraph sums its up:

"Ah friends, it never ends. It’s all about the music, people will tell you, but you and I know it is much more than this: unease is your disease. And we wonder why young people aren’t audiophiles!"

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Say it ain't so, Joe
    Ha! It ain’t so.

No official sale or anything but if someone makes a decent offer, who knows what will happen.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Say it ain't so, Joe
    Ha! It ain’t so.

No official sale or anything but if someone makes a decent offer, who knows what will happen.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Ha! It ain’t so.

What's your zip code again? I want to calculate shipping

Super Moderator

NAD C 658 streamer.

The Valvet E2 is simply outstanding.

I think Sugden or Accuphase E650 could be superb as well.
    Joe - You mention Sugden and Accuphase with your Avantgardes. These are two brands that I've tried with my AGs after I decided to switch from tube to ss.

I had the Sugden Masterclass FPA-4 (recently discontinued) but it was decidedly lacking in the excitement factor that one expects from Avantgarde. Returned to dealer after a week of home demo.

I have (still) an Accuphase A36 which I believe is the power amp version of the E650 - 30 watts Class A. It's a great amp, beautifully built with unusual and welcome features in particular the Gain switch on the front panel - absent from the E650 I notice. I generally use the -12 dB setting, but there's still plenty to satisfy the AGs. I'd love to love this amp, but again it's been very slightly off the game with the AGs. A little too polite maybe and very slightly short of the sparkle factor needed to get the best from AGs.
    Sources - NAD M50.2 (streamer, CD player, CD ripper, hard drive music store)
    Amplification - NAD M33 all-in-one, NAD M12 preamp (in reserve), Atma-Sphere Class D monos
    Speakers - Avantgarde Duo XD, Avantgarde Duo (2006) - both aesthetically modified

Super Moderator

Hi Peter,

It turns out that I wasn’t crazy about the E-650 on my Avantgarde. I never tried Sudgen.

I understand that reducing the gain of Accuphase amps affects the sound negatively. It almost clouds up the sound a little.

I know several who use and absolutely love the Luxman 590 on their Avantgarde so I’m eager to hear it on mine.

There’s a new First Watt F8 coming which could be awesome. Hopefully I’ll be able to get an F7 on them soon.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hear Here View Post
    I had the Sugden Masterclass FPA-4 (recently discontinued) but it was decidedly lacking in the excitement factor that one expects from Avantgarde. Returned to dealer after a week of home demo.
    I tried the Sugden stereo amp on my Devores. I found it somewhat dull too, but smooth. Then again, Devores really prefer tubes and are designed that way ime.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

A few quick photos of a system in flux - Duo XD ...