Accuphase Class A or A/B??? - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Accuphase Class A or A/B???

Magico says "no problem". Besides Accuphase always rates power output very conservatively. You can basically almost double the numbers.
    Check out this tech info,page five and you'll understand.

http://www.accuphase.com/technical_i...nformation.pdf

Accuphase A-75, C-3850, DP-750, T-1200, C-37, P-530, A-6, /Magico S7, Mcoat Red w/Mpod/ Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 IC,SP, Platimun Electra PC's /Clearaudio Innovation Wood 9" Universal w/My Sonic Lab Ultra Emminent GX, Clearaudio Da Vinci,MCRU Linear PSU / Technics SL-1210GR w/My Sonic Lab Emminent GL/ Stillpoints Ultra SS / Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth / Nakamichi Dragon/ Synergistic Research Powercell UEF 12SE PLC, Active Ground Block SE, Black Box / Furutech GTX-D NCF outlets, Flux-50 NCF ,20a dedicated line / SteinMusic H2 Harmonizers / Akiko Audio Corelli PLC. Phono booster, Tuning sticks / Symposium Acoustics Svelt Shelves,Precision Couplers,Segue ISO,Rollerblock Series 2+ / KLAudio RCM / Clearaudio Smart Matrix RCM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    Nope.. Magico says "no problem". Besides Accuphase always rates power output very conservatively. You can basically almost double the numbers.
    Check out this tech info,page five and you'll understand.

http://www.accuphase.com/technical_i...nformation.pdf

whats your room size? the thing with magico and other speakers of its sensitivity is yeah a 50watt SET (for example, i know the accuphase isn't a SET) will drive them and it can sound very nice. but you really owe it to yourself to try a big watt amp on them. maybe you won't like it BUT the magicos can eat up all the power you give them and do some stunning things with it. again different, but at this price point and pairing its worth exploring

Post Thanks / Like

Class A of course.
    They are better. Because they heat cats more efficiently.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

4. Likes joeinid, Gene, Skanda, FDPDK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And here I am keeping all my gear covered when not in use just to keep the dust off everything

Post Thanks / Like

Class A, is very enjoyable.

Recently pair with tannoy, even more delicious
    Jesse

Thales Slim II ( EMT 75G)
    Lumin X1 - Melco N1A
    Accuphase E650 - Accuphase C37
    Tannoy GR

Cables: Ansuz Mainz (Dtc,diamond) PC - Shunyata Alpha Digital PC - ASI Ref. Liveline IC - Zonotone Meister SC - Audioquest Vodka Ethernet
    Power Cond. Sound Application SA-240TZ

7. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Something extremely pleasant with Accuphase class A amps is the fact that they never sound harsh or agressive no matter the volume, while being extremely punchy and alive. That is something rather common with most well made class A amps, tube or solid state, but I noticed that Accuphase class A amps really sound exciting at the same time.
    Velvet touch and dynamic.
    I have not in home experience of Accuphase class AB amps. During hifi shows demos, they did not impress me enough to leave me with any kind of opinion about them.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

9. Likes Gene liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2