Innuos Zen MK III - Initial 72 Hour Impressions - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Innuos Zen MK III - Initial 72 Hour Impressions

Answer to first question is “yes”. I don’t know answer to your 2nd question.
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    Sorry for coming so "late"... I'm in a dilemma: to buy a Mk2 version ex demo or a new Mk3? The differences are... a lot of money, od course, but reading your coment... and because I'm not a sheik... the Mk2 can be a very good choice!
    Am I wrong? Can you -please- tell me more?
    Thanks so much, Luca

P.S. I can not see: is the Mk2 without the feet of the Mk3?

I have a Mk2 which i'm very happy with. Remember though HDD versions of the Zen has a finite lifespan so if you are considering an ex-demo model you need to take that into account.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

3. Thanks Luca thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

About 900 euro difference!
    Lifespan? Ok, I will check, thanks.
    I could think. reading Innuos about the improvement of feet (mk3) buying after market feet...

Post Thanks / Like

I would spend the 900 euro on it
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arcman View Post
    So, the ZEN actually gives you an option of installing Roon thru its set up menu? So to transfer a current ROON core catalog, I would just install the backup from old core and everything will be their correct?
    Yes, when you set up the Zen it gives the option of how you want to set up your server config and installs Roon Core (if that is what you want) right on the hard drive and it works great. I had a pretty small backup file but I have heard that larger libraries can take quite a bit of time to install. However, no issues with the backup installation that I have heard at all.
    PRIMARY 2 CH SYSTEM: Backert Labs Rhumba Extreme preamp; Luxman MQ-88uSE amp; Innuos Zen MK III; Chord Hugo M Scaler; Chord TT2; Volti Audio Rivals; Triode Wire Labs American Speaker cables; WireWorld ethernet, USB, BNC, interconnects, Transparent High Performance power cables; IsoTek EVO3 Corvus conditioner
    OFFICE 2 CH SYSTEM: Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II w/Clifte 12AU7 preamp tube; Luxman DA-06 DAC; Klipsch La Scala II; JL Audio e112; Auralic Aries
    HOME THEATER: Samsung Q6 82"; Anthem AVM 60; Monoprice Monolith 7; Monitor Audio Gold 200 L/R (5th Gen); Monitor Audio Studio surrounds; Monitor Audio Gold C200; Klipsch RP-140 SA Atmos; SVS SB-16Ultra; SVS SB-2000; Panasonic UB-820; Apple TV 4K
    LUXMAN EYECANDY COLLECTION: Luxman CL-40 Valve Preamp; Luxman C1010 preamp; Luxman M2000

Post Thanks / Like

Another dumb question. Can you actually play CDs with the installed drive?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arcman View Post
    Another dumb question. Can you actually play CDs with the installed drive?
    I'm actually not sure on this... I've just put the CD's in and ripped them up then sent them to Goodwill when I was done with them. I am not sure it's a player though - I think it's just a ripper.
    PRIMARY 2 CH SYSTEM: Backert Labs Rhumba Extreme preamp; Luxman MQ-88uSE amp; Innuos Zen MK III; Chord Hugo M Scaler; Chord TT2; Volti Audio Rivals; Triode Wire Labs American Speaker cables; WireWorld ethernet, USB, BNC, interconnects, Transparent High Performance power cables; IsoTek EVO3 Corvus conditioner
    OFFICE 2 CH SYSTEM: Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II w/Clifte 12AU7 preamp tube; Luxman DA-06 DAC; Klipsch La Scala II; JL Audio e112; Auralic Aries
    HOME THEATER: Samsung Q6 82"; Anthem AVM 60; Monoprice Monolith 7; Monitor Audio Gold 200 L/R (5th Gen); Monitor Audio Studio surrounds; Monitor Audio Gold C200; Klipsch RP-140 SA Atmos; SVS SB-16Ultra; SVS SB-2000; Panasonic UB-820; Apple TV 4K
    LUXMAN EYECANDY COLLECTION: Luxman CL-40 Valve Preamp; Luxman C1010 preamp; Luxman M2000

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO, do not think of the Innuos as anything other than a streamer to feed your DAC. And it excels at that. CD ripper function is a bonus. Playing CDs? Need another box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2