Playing beyond it's price point - Page 8
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Playing beyond it's price point

Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    Everything is the best until you experience something better.
    Yes!
    And sometimes, we only know what we were missing when we started to have it.

Post Thanks / Like

Playing beyond it's price point

How true. Everything in audio (and life) is comparative.

Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    Everything is the best until you experience something better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Oppo 203, Lumin D2, McIntosh MA252, AAD M5, Shunyata Research Venom PC/IC/SC, APC H15

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought the Dynaudio Focus 160’s sounded pretty darn good for the money. The fit and finish was also top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Oppo 203, Lumin D2, McIntosh MA252, AAD M5, Shunyata Research Venom PC/IC/SC, APC H15

Post Thanks / Like

deleted - found new thread on the T+A Criterion S 2200 CTL speakers.

Post Thanks / Like

Jdandy just lays it down. You can't refute that.

Post Thanks / Like

I've found something can play beyond it's price point...if you hold out and wait for something to go on a deeply cut sale price. I've managed to pick up some items like this where it's nearly half off. Helps to grab something for a discount when you can.
    Small bedroom 2 channel
    Pioneer Elite DV-45A
    Cambridge Audio Topaz SR20 Reciever
    Wharfedale Diamond 225 Speakers

Post Thanks / Like

What I paid for my Heil Kithara speaker was a veritable steal! Not the best looker, but that big Heil driver is pure voodoo. Nothing better for voice or piano transients to me. Weakest link would be bass and the floorplate and tightened woofer suspension cured that.

The Rowen amps for the price are stunning in their ability to deliver unclippable power. Imagine monoblocs for $2600 a pair that can deliver 65wpc into 8 ohms and 1,300W music power into 0.5ohms! Coming to America soon too.

As for Dac, the Lampi Pacific even at that premium price is a relative bargain. With the right tubes...untouchable for me!
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Post Thanks / Like

Having said that, lots of great gear out there and system and room synergies matter. Just be mindful that power corrupts and absolute power...when you hear it, you cant go back to flea watts. LoL.

I had some demo amps and was running peak 4,000 wpc into 0.5ohms for 2 pairs of speakers in parallel. Dynamics were off the chain!

I also got to hear the Von Schweikert E3 Mk2 over the holidays and I must say for $8K, they were kicking butt and taking names!
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Post Thanks / Like

I am hoping and believe that the Audio Mirror pre-amp might very well be the best bargain I have ever found. It arrives today (fingers crossed). The Audio Mirror 45 watt mono block SET amplifiers are one of the finest bargains I have ever heard (TAS agrees and stated at twice their price they would be a deal). Vlad stated to me that the pre is a perfect match, and as a true DHT pre at under a grand.... nice....
    Tubes: Audio Mirror SET 45, Dragon Inspire IHA-1, Schiit Freya
    Digital: T+A DAC 8 DSD, Falcon NW Tiki, Roon & HQPlayer, W4S Recovery
    Solid State Amps: T+A AMP 8, McIntosh MC754
    Speakers / Cans: KEF R700 / Focal Clear
    Power: AQ Niagara 1000

Post Thanks / Like

All in Randy.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast