A few pics of Suncoast Audio - Page 5
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A few pics of Suncoast Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Acoustic treatment is indeed a big deal IMO. My system got to a new level when adding it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Totally agree. The thing is, most stores and also customers over do it. Stores are trying to sell as much as they can and have to show the various devices they sell. Then they get rooms that don't always sound the best and folks get used to hearing a damped presentation and think that it what sounds best. I now so many who pay someone to do a room evaluation and of course they need to make it seem like they are earning their keep. I have been using record racks, well placed quilts on the first reflection walls etc... and feel the room sounds pretty darn good considering how open it is as I'm in a loft. I also listen in a near field position that helps me not hear as much of the 'room'.
    System:
    Vandersteen Quatro CT
    Ayre AX5/20
    Ayre QX5/20 (The Memory Player with built in DAC and headphone amp built in on order)
    Steve Nugent rebuilt Mac mini (2009) with Paul Hynes LPS and custom silver cable server
    AQ Niagara 1000 power device
    Audioquest Castlerock speaker cables
    Wire world optical cable into the Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh from the TV and Blueray to reclock
    Wireworld Platnium 8 ethernet cables into the EMO 70e ethernet filter into the QX5/20 from Eero mesh router
    All routers, cable box and synchro mesh powered by the Wyred4sound LPS box with separate supplies for each
    Audioquest power outlets and two dedicated power lines in the room
    ZMF Ori headphones with the Audioarts 15' Pono balanced cable for the QX5/20
    Empire Ears Phantom CIEM's
    A&K 380cu with matching cu amp (copper which is much warmer than their normal cases)
    Rhapsodio 2.98 mk2 gold plated silver cable for Phantom

2. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ctsooner View Post
    Totally agree. The thing is, most stores and also customers over do it. Stores are trying to sell as much as they can and have to show the various devices they sell. Then they get rooms that don't always sound the best and folks get used to hearing a damped presentation and think that it what sounds best. I now so many who pay someone to do a room evaluation and of course they need to make it seem like they are earning their keep. I have been using record racks, well placed quilts on the first reflection walls etc... and feel the room sounds pretty darn good considering how open it is as I'm in a loft. I also listen in a near field position that helps me not hear as much of the 'room'.
    I find the Vicoustic panels do a good job for the money.

“Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono cable/ Stillpoints LPI/ Soulution 520 preamp with phono section/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

4. Likes Sharp 2160 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My room was transformed from a typical room to amazing room after using Vicoustics. The second you enter it your can hear your voice sound more "natural" and with less effort needed when speaking due to the lower noise within the room. It's was the right product for me to really combat room interactions.
    Source component-Esoteric K-01X
    Preamp-
    Audio Research Reference 10
    Amplifier- ​D'Agostino Progression monoblocks
    Speakers-
    Wilson Audio Maxx 3
    Isolation stand-HRS SXR
    Cables-Transparent Reference speaker and Super I/C's.
    Power conditioning-Transparent Power Isolator and Transparent power cords
    Room treatment-Vicoustics

6. Likes Ritmo liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    I find the Vicoustic panels do a good job for the money.

Agree Vicoustic and Art Novion do a great job and look great at the same time. I still find nothing better than ASC but augment my room with the Art Novion

8. Likes Jim Smith, Sharp 2160 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on Vicoustics. I saw and heard them at Mike’s. Decided to purchase a number of absorption panels and install corner bass traps. One of the best investments in audio I’ve ever made.

So, as I wrote on this thread before, not only are Mike’s rooms fantastic looking they also sound great.

Mike

10. Thanks Mike thanked for this post
    Likes Kuoppis, Sharp 2160 liked this post

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5