Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Magico M2

Audioshark

Re: Magico M2

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    Oh doggy chit!

Mike I regret to inform you I have moved to Timbuktu somewhere!
    I will find you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

But, but, Mike I am as happy as a pig in mud with my S3Mk2’s now. Ok ok I can accept that the M2’S would like wallering in fancy mud from the Dead Sea or from some exotic thermal springs.
    BUT dang, those Wooden crates put together with screws instead of finger joints are the deal breaker though!
    Let me take inventory of body parts that still work that might be sellable and I will get back with you!
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Audioshark

But, but, Mike I am as happy as a pig in mud with my S3Mk2’s now. Ok ok I can accept that the M2’S would like wallering in fancy mud from the Dead Sea or from some exotic thermal springs.
    BUT dang, those Wooden crates put together with screws instead of finger joints are the deal breaker though!
    Let me take inventory of body parts that still work that might be sellable and I will get back with you!
    You take the crates apart.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    Thanks Mike. I see an M2 audition on the horizon...
    How's the Innuos/MSB combo treating you these days??
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    How's the Innuos/MSB combo treating you these days??
    Absolutely loving it! Am somehow holding off the temptation to upgrade the clock...
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by owldiscourse View Post
    If it's any help, my experience with the A3 in my space (16x31x18) was quite shocking in my 20 years experience of audiophilia. I bring it up because the M2 and A3 have basically a quite similar form factor as well as drivers (at least size-wise) and I never had great expectations for the A3 working in this sized room. I achieved the stunning room lock that smodtactical described hearing at Mark's place. The chinese drums provided me with goosebumps and tremendous walloping dynamics. I've had several pairs of S3's in different rooms and never got that effect out of them at all. My room is open into other rooms so I get a lot of leakage and the A3 - was a stunning performer. I called the A3 a miracle speaker because it seems to defy the law of physics both for their stature as well as their driver size/complement. If the M2 does this with its further refinements (carbon monocoque) it most certainly could be the new "sweet spot" of the Magico line, a title held currently by S3Mk2. I'd love to see someone provide measurements on these speakers. Like we say at work - in God we trust - everyone else must bring data.
    Wow that sounds incredible. It seems like the A3 is probably the bargain and highest price to performance speaker magico has ever produced? I know it might be a bit silly but has anyone compared the A3 to the M2 ?

Crates are nailed together....

You're probaly not going to see Magico use this phrase or visuals in any advertisements but you're point is well made.
    I'm happy too and love my newly made Magico mud! I also agree the crate's are a pain and would be nice if they could come apart for storage
    without the need to get the hammer and crowbar out.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Accuphase A-75, C-3850, DP-750, T-1200, C-37, P-530 / Magico S7, Mcoat Red w/Mpod / LessLoss C-MARC Entropic cables (Spk. IC's PC's) / Clearaudio Innovation Wood, 9" Universal arm ,VTA adj. Outer Limit platter ring, Statement clamp / SteinMusic PI Carbon Signature Mat /My Sonic Lab Ultra Eminent EX MC cart./ Clearaudio 24v Battery PSU / Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth / B]Onyx Plus[/B] Sirius XM Sat Radio / Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX ,Active Ground Block SE ,Black Box ,Acoustic ART, Atmosphere Infinity ,UEF panels /Stillpoints Apeture II panels /Furutech GTX-D NCF duplex outlets, NFC Booster-Braces/ 20a dedicated lines / SteinMusic H2 Harmonizers / Adona Eris II 5C racks / Symposium Acoustics Svelt Shelves /HRS Damping plates / KLAudio Ultrasonic RCM / Clearaudio Smart Matrix Pro. RCM /Kemp Electroniks SR plugs,/ Akiko Audio Corelli PLC,Tuning Sticks/ LessLoss Firewall 640X, Blackbody v.2, BlackGround Power Base 10X, Blackground Speaker Base 8X, Firewall for speakers

Quote Originally Posted by smodtactical View Post
    Wow that sounds incredible. It seems like the A3 is probably the bargain and highest price to performance speaker magico has ever produced? I know it might be a bit silly but has anyone compared the A3 to the M2 ?
    My A3's should arrive any day now, and I"ve not heard them since ordering them in December. As soon as Goodwin's here gets M2's (maybe they are there already - haven't asked in a while) I'm going to go and listen to them there. As I recall it's about a 9X price difference?? So "bargain A3's" may be hard to beat on the value scale??

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Bart001 View Post
    My A3's should arrive any day now, and I"ve not heard them since ordering them in December. As soon as Goodwin's here gets M2's (maybe they are there already - haven't asked in a while) I'm going to go and listen to them there. As I recall it's about a 9X price difference?? So "bargain A3's" may be hard to beat on the value scale??
    Definitely! S3 mk2 too.

I hope you can have a good demo. The M2’s can shine in a good, not overly damp room. Ah hum...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The M2’s can shine in a good, not overly damp room. Ah hum...

I don't get the "not overly damp" reference!

Mike i get the reference and it’s been recently de-damped OR at least damp-lite Magico M2

LUMIN U1 Mini, Chord DAVE, Chord MScaler, SR Galileo BNCs, Wireworld Starlight Cat 8, AQ Cinnamon Cat 6 Synergistic Research Atmosphere X Ethernet CAT6, Synergistic Research Galileo UEF Blue Fuse Treated SC, SR L4IC, Shunyata Sigma NR PCs, Shunyata Denali 6000S v2 conditioner, Shunyata EF PC, Magico S3Mk2, Gryphon Diablo 300, Furutech GTX & Oyaide SWO outlets driven by dedicated 30A homerun 10gauge AC lines wired according to MSB Technologies best practices for wiring your house for best power: http://www.msbtechnology.com/faq/how...or-good-power/.

Mike i get the reference and it’s been recently de-damped OR at least damp-lite Magico M2
    OK let me know..here or via PM or whatever

Audioshark

Oh good. I was there three times and it’s not how I would treat a room. YMMV.

All the Goodwins rooms are over damped....

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    Were - they have redone all the rooms. Not sure to what extent they have reengineered them but they shut the place down to do it.

LUMIN U1 Mini, Chord DAVE, Chord MScaler, SR Galileo BNCs, Wireworld Starlight Cat 8, AQ Cinnamon Cat 6 Synergistic Research Atmosphere X Ethernet CAT6, Synergistic Research Galileo UEF Blue Fuse Treated SC, SR L4IC, Shunyata Sigma NR PCs, Shunyata Denali 6000S v2 conditioner, Shunyata EF PC, Magico S3Mk2, Gryphon Diablo 300, Furutech GTX & Oyaide SWO outlets driven by dedicated 30A homerun 10gauge AC lines wired according to MSB Technologies best practices for wiring your house for best power: http://www.msbtechnology.com/faq/how...or-good-power/.

Goodwins are also hopelessly out of date on their website Magico information.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    Oh..yes...I totally agree. As I posted in the A3 thread (or maybe this thread), I have learned that I must do an in-home demo and not rely on how things sound in their rooms. Fortunately I live about 5 miles from their showroom, so that is not difficult.

Audioshark

Line ‘em up!

(From left to right)

A3, S3 mk2, M2

What power and front end do you hook up first, Mike?

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    What power and front end do you hook up first, Mike?

The Pass INT-60 was already hooked up, so that for now. Curious to hear them with the Diablo 300.

Audioshark

Never heard a box speaker sound less boxless than the M2. Total disappearing act. The magic of the monocoque design combined with seamless driver integration and an aluminum cabinet wrapped with carbon fiber? YES!

Line ‘em up!

(From left to right)

A3, S3 mk2, M2

That picture just makes me smile. It's nice to be included in the group.

Mike do you use the Apods with the A3's?
    Speakers: Magico S3 (23')
    Integrated:Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Streamer: HiFi Rose RS150b
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Cables: Cardas-Shunyata-AudioQuest-Supra
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Time is just a tool humans created to measure movement and record events

Nice side by side. Thanks Mike.....dang I got the most for the money!

Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling

Nice side by side. Thanks Mike.....dang I got the most for the money!

So when are you getting your M2’s, Larry?

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Never heard a box speaker sound less boxless than the M2...
    You prefer M2 over M3?

Line ‘em up!

(From left to right)

A3, S3 mk2, M2

The S3 certainly is the ugly duckling of the 3.
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

While I prefer my S5, at least with the S series you can get a color other than Black.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Interesting design choice to make the M2s shorter than the S3 mk2. Would think people might want something a bit more imposing in that price range.

But the sound is what counts, and I think they are a killer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Members of The S3Mk2’s club we have to make a pact.
    A: We are NOT getting the M2’s. No way they could sound better than our speakers.
    B: We will NOT put all our speakers on the market at the same time!
    C: We need to space them out with only 1 per sale at any time.
    D: We will let the folks that have the money to pay for them go first!
    E: We will remind the M2 buyers our speakers are taller and less expensive.
    F: Those who break this agreement will be at sundown listening to Diana Krall, sipping some fine single malt whiskey after smoking a select leaf Cuban cigar.

Ok Ok who will be first! Odds are already being posted with the bookies.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling

Audioshark

Magico M2

Larry, we are doing an install of a pair of Magico Q-Sub 15’s today, would you mind keeping an eye on the M2’s while we’re away? Just keep breaking them in. They are only at 80 hours now.

Kuoppis, one of the real innovations with the M2 (and M6) is that the interior volume is actually about 30% larger than a Magico that has aluminum casing due to the ability to make the speaker walls much thinner with much stronger thinner carbon fiber monocoque instead of the much thicker aluminum casing. This way the small speaker can sound much bigger than it looks from the outside but the interior volume being much larger than past designs to punch way above its weight class and appearance. This enables incredible bass for the external cabinet size, and more opportunities to fit better into the listening space as well as a narrower front baffle that helps the speaker to disappear as an apparent sound source. This likely will go over big in the Asian market where the spaces are smaller but where you can now fit a big speaker sound into a smaller listening room than possible in the past.

Kuoppis, one of the real innovations with the M2 (and M6) is that the interior volume is actually about 30% larger than a Magico that has aluminum casing due to the ability to make the speaker walls much thinner with much stronger thinner carbon fiber monocoque instead of the much thicker aluminum casing. This way the small speaker can sound much bigger than it looks from the outside but the interior volume being much larger than past designs to punch way above its weight class and appearance. This enables incredible bass for the external cabinet size, and more opportunities to fit better into the listening space as well as a narrower front baffle that helps the speaker to disappear as an apparent sound source. This likely will go over big in the Asian market where the spaces are smaller but where you can now fit a big speaker sound into a smaller listening room than possible in the past.
    Excellent points. The M6 cabinet is the most inert I’ve ever seen. I was pounding on the side of it and it’s like a solid block of steel. When you close your eyes and listen, it does everything the best planar does from a soundstage perspective with more exact imaging.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

I sense a trip to FL in my future.
    Main System:
    Speakers: Magico S3 MK1 | Amp: Boulder 1160 | Pre-Amp: Ref10 | Digital: DCS Vivaldi 3/4 stack & esoteric K07x | Phono-Pre: ARC Ref 2se | Phono: AMG Viella w\ 12JT & Benz LPS cart.

Living Room:
    Speakers: KEF LS50 | Amp: Primaluna Prologue Premium | Digital: Lumin D2

Members of The S3Mk2’s club we have to make a pact.
    A: We are NOT getting the M2’s. No way they could sound better than our speakers.
    B: We will NOT put all our speakers on the market at the same time!
    C: We need to space them out with only 1 per sale at any time.
    D: We will let the folks that have the money to pay for them go first!
    E: We will remind the M2 buyers our speakers are taller and less expensive.
    F: Those who break this agreement will be at sundown listening to Diana Krall, sipping some fine single malt whiskey after smoking a select leaf Cuban cigar.

Ok Ok who will be first! Odds are already being posted with the bookies.
    Ok, I’m in. I’ll start... Magico M2.

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Comment was purely appearance based...

Larry, we are doing an install of a pair of Magico Q-Sub 15’s today, would you mind keeping an eye on the M2’s while we’re away? Just keep breaking them in. They are only at 80 hours now.
    Oh boy Larry, one kidney, one eye, a limb... what’s it gonna be...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Oh boy Larry, one kidney, one eye, a limb... what’s it gonna be...

None of that Kuoppis.......my parts are too old!
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling

I can't help but notice that Mike seems to be setting up quite a few dual Q-sub 15: business must be booming.

What surprises me is how many use subs. I don’t even use my HT sub. I guess there are a lot of people who like RAP.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    What surprises me is how many use subs. I don’t even use my HT sub. I guess there are a lot of people who like RAP.
    Nah - not gonna bite - each to their own sir - I use a pair of subs & no RAP in my house - also fantastic for HT...

Magico M2

I don’t need subs for the bass, but am rather using them to support the midrange, soundstage and dimensionality.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    I can't help but notice that Mike seems to be setting up quite a few dual Q-sub 15: business must be booming.
    Didn’t you get the memo? High end audio is dead. Magico M2. One trip to Munich High End and you’ll come away saying: “Far from it”.

Yes, we are very busy. It’s a real team effort: young Mike is slammed with installs and orders and sales. Rick has been a real big help with so many things like installs, helping with big speaker and big amp deliveries, custom building special cables and resistors (and hey, we need at least one guy who reads the manuals cover to cover!). Rick reads all the patents he can find related to high end audio. Super smart guy.

And we have a great team of installers. Thank God for young, strong backs.

So you do your own dual Q-sub installations now without the Magico factory guys assistance?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    So you do your own dual Q-sub installations now without the Magico factory guys assistance?
    Well, the installs are always done by the dealer. Let’s call it, the heavy lifting. . The configuration/setup is done by the Magico guys. They have the special software and tools and spend several hours dialing things in to perfection.

Don't they just use the free room wizard software + UMIK-1 calibration microphone?

The Pass INT-60 was already hooked up, so that for now. Curious to hear them with the Diablo 300.
    Mike sorry if this has been asked and answered, but have you much experience with Naim + Magico? I'm pretty dedicated to Naim and now have 252/SCDR/300DR, and my A3's are arriving "any day." Have you tried the M2's with Naim? Naim is a bit less current to be sure than other options out there. If my ship comes in I'd like to trade A3's towards M2's some day. Our room is not big and I dont see us ever moving to a bigger space, so that form factor is about as big as we can go.

Audioshark

Magico M2

Mike sorry if this has been asked and answered, but have you much experience with Naim + Magico? I'm pretty dedicated to Naim and now have 252/SCDR/300DR, and my A3's are arriving "any day." Have you tried the M2's with Naim? Naim is a bit less current to be sure than other options out there. If my ship comes in I'd like to trade A3's towards M2's some day. Our room is not big and I dont see us ever moving to a bigger space, so that form factor is about as big as we can go.
    Bart, we have the NAIM Uniti Nova in the store and often use it to drive the A3’s since the NAIM offers such a great “all in one box” value and sound. The sound is typical NAIM (toe tappingly musical). It drives the A3’s fine. You of course won’t go to 115db rock concert levels, but for normal listening levels, it’s great.

You don't even have the A3's yet and you're already thinking about trading them in on M2?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Interesting design choice to make the M2s shorter than the S3 mk2. Would think people might want something a bit more imposing in that price range.

But the sound is what counts, and I think they are a killer.
    In my suburban McMansion, I had a 24 foot x 24 foot family room, but now much more urban that space doesn't exist. The A3/M2 size is really as big as I can go. Ive auditioned speakers at home that were "too big" -- no matter what I want to or can spend, size will matter.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Magico M2