Magico M2 - Page 34
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Magico M2

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Magico M2

Larry, we are doing an install of a pair of Magico Q-Sub 15’s today, would you mind keeping an eye on the M2’s while we’re away? Just keep breaking them in. They are only at 80 hours now.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

2. Likes Dguitarnut, rrwmd, Kuoppis, AJR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magico M2

Kuoppis, one of the real innovations with the M2 (and M6) is that the interior volume is actually about 30% larger than a Magico that has aluminum casing due to the ability to make the speaker walls much thinner with much stronger thinner carbon fiber monocoque instead of the much thicker aluminum casing. This way the small speaker can sound much bigger than it looks from the outside but the interior volume being much larger than past designs to punch way above its weight class and appearance. This enables incredible bass for the external cabinet size, and more opportunities to fit better into the listening space as well as a narrower front baffle that helps the speaker to disappear as an apparent sound source. This likely will go over big in the Asian market where the spaces are smaller but where you can now fit a big speaker sound into a smaller listening room than possible in the past.

4. Likes Mike, Alpinist, kzhtoo, Kuoppis, AJR, the professor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by owldiscourse View Post
    Kuoppis, one of the real innovations with the M2 (and M6) is that the interior volume is actually about 30% larger than a Magico that has aluminum casing due to the ability to make the speaker walls much thinner with much stronger thinner carbon fiber monocoque instead of the much thicker aluminum casing. This way the small speaker can sound much bigger than it looks from the outside but the interior volume being much larger than past designs to punch way above its weight class and appearance. This enables incredible bass for the external cabinet size, and more opportunities to fit better into the listening space as well as a narrower front baffle that helps the speaker to disappear as an apparent sound source. This likely will go over big in the Asian market where the spaces are smaller but where you can now fit a big speaker sound into a smaller listening room than possible in the past.
    Excellent points. The M6 cabinet is the most inert I’ve ever seen. I was pounding on the side of it and it’s like a solid block of steel. When you close your eyes and listen, it does everything the best planar does from a soundstage perspective with more exact imaging.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 7000

6. Likes Gene, Dguitarnut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I sense a trip to FL in my future.
    Main System:
    Speakers: Magico S3 | Amp: Pass XA160.8's | Pre-Amp: Pass XP-20 | Digital: DCS Vivaldi 3/4 stack | Phono-Pre: ARC Ref 2se | Phono: AMG Viella w\ 12JT & Benz LPS cart.

Living Room:
    Speakers: KEF LS50 | Amp: Primaluna Prologue Premium | Digital: Lumin D2

8. Likes joeinid, Alpinist, Mike, the professor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    Members of The S3Mk2’s club we have to make a pact.
    A: We are NOT getting the M2’s. No way they could sound better than our speakers.
    B: We will NOT put all our speakers on the market at the same time!
    C: We need to space them out with only 1 per sale at any time.
    D: We will let the folks that have the money to pay for them go first!
    E: We will remind the M2 buyers our speakers are taller and less expensive.
    F: Those who break this agreement will be at sundown listening to Diana Krall, sipping some fine single malt whiskey after smoking a select leaf Cuban cigar.

Ok Ok who will be first! Odds are already being posted with the bookies.
    Ok, I’m in. I’ll start... .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond Phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Diamond RJ45 + AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by owldiscourse View Post
    Comment was purely appearance based...

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond Phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Diamond RJ45 + AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

11. Likes owldiscourse liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Larry, we are doing an install of a pair of Magico Q-Sub 15’s today, would you mind keeping an eye on the M2’s while we’re away? Just keep breaking them in. They are only at 80 hours now.
    Oh boy Larry, one kidney, one eye, a limb... what’s it gonna be...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Oh boy Larry, one kidney, one eye, a limb... what’s it gonna be...

None of that Kuoppis.......my parts are too old!
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

14. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't help but notice that Mike seems to be setting up quite a few dual Q-sub 15: business must be booming.

16. Likes the professor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What surprises me is how many use subs. I don’t even use my HT sub. I guess there are a lot of people who like RAP.
    Bud

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for preamp, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast