Magico M2 - Page 10
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Magico M2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magico M2

I agree. Just because it's different doesn't make it better for all speaker sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    Only Magico knows the details of the new M2 bass drivers. Magico does not use off the shelf drive units, which means that almost each drive unit ends up beeing modified to best suit a gived design.

M2 is a smaller speaker, with a smaller # of drive units - I would be surprised if Magico didn't tweak (at least) some of the parameters of the drive unit.

The fact that the parameters are different, doesn't mean, that the drive unit is better by default - it is certainly better for a given application.

IMO we will first see the new S7, Q1 and Q7, than we see the new M3 mk 2.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Lumin U1, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC, Raidho D5, 2 Magico QSub15s, Shunyata Sigma IC/SC/PCs, Denali/Typhon.

Workshop: Lumin U1/BorderPatrol custom DAC, Border Patrol Pre and Power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, Magico Q15 subs, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=GSOphile;257357]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    ...So for a new driver, you probably won't see it retrofitted into a mid-life product, more likely a follow-on product..
    They retrofitted a new driver in SCC which was a mid-life product, and they didn't even attach a Mk2 badge to it after doing so.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=brodricj;257377]
    Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post

They retrofitted a new driver in SCC which was a mid-life product, and they didn't even attach a Mk2 badge to it after doing so.
    I won't be holding my breath on the M3.

Post Thanks / Like

The M2's are in my opinion the most beautiful Magico ever.

I'm expecting them to sound sublime in small to medium sized rooms with unbeatable speed and articulation.

Will it be better than the M3 and/or do we need a Mark II version of the M3, I say no. That said, I have ordered up a pair of demo M2's and hope they will arrive just in time for Montreal show, late March.

Back to Mark II's. I don't believe there is a single model in Magico's current line up that is in need for a refresh, including the S7's. Only a guess on my part, but I'm expecting an expansion to M and especially the A series before we see any new Mark II's.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Acoustical Systems, AMG, Audeze, Audio Desk, Audioquest, Aurender, Avari custom phono preamps, Bryston, CH Precision, Chord Electronics, Constellation Audio, Dynaudio, Focal, Grado Labs, Ikeda, JL Audio, Kimber, Kondo, Kronos, Kubala Sosna, Lyra, Luxman, Magico, Massif Audio Design, Musical Surroundings, Nordost, PS Audio, Shunyata, Sugden, Tenor, Tannoy, Vertere, VPI and ZYX.

www.audiobymarkjones.ca

Post Thanks / Like

The S7 needs a refresh, as this is the only one with flat top left.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Vitus SM-103 / MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Pacific + Lampi DSD Komputer
    Cables: AQ WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC / AQ Hurricane PCs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    The S7 needs a refresh, as this is the only one with flat top left.
    I love the flat top, makes levelling nice and easy ;-)

Acoustical Systems, AMG, Audeze, Audio Desk, Audioquest, Aurender, Avari custom phono preamps, Bryston, CH Precision, Chord Electronics, Constellation Audio, Dynaudio, Focal, Grado Labs, Ikeda, JL Audio, Kimber, Kondo, Kronos, Kubala Sosna, Lyra, Luxman, Magico, Massif Audio Design, Musical Surroundings, Nordost, PS Audio, Shunyata, Sugden, Tenor, Tannoy, Vertere, VPI and ZYX.

www.audiobymarkjones.ca

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Jones View Post
    I love the flat top, makes levelling nice and easy ;-)
    And a glass of wine or two..

8. Likes Mark Jones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to pile vinyls on top of both speakers, when I had the S3 mk1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond Phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Diamond RJ45 + AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

10. Likes Mark Jones, Skanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Magico M2

WAF 9,000.

12. Likes joeinid, Mike, the professor, JimmyS, Matias liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous speaker. Thanks for posting the image.

I understand it is constructed like, and has more in common with, the flagship M6 than it does with the M3. I wonder then why the base/footer and bottom design resembles the M3 more than it does the M6. Must be cost.

It also makes me wonder why Magico never developed a Q2 speaker.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    My system link on Audiogon: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...&4&5#Peterayer
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, MSL Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum
    Electronics: Pass XA160.5, Pass XP-22, Pass XP-25
    Speakers: Magico Q3 and Mini II
    Cables: Transparent REF XL
    Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast