Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Audioshark

Re: Esoteric migrating off of AKM Dac chips for flagship D1X?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Its Actually from New Zealand-- You Canadians always get that Mixed up

Sorry

Bruce
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob181 View Post
    Don't be sorry- I got a laugh - though given Mikes location is much closer to Mexico than Canada - perhaps "You Mexicans always get that Mixed up"...
    LOL. My bad. Well, it’s close(r) to Australia than say buying a HK product or otherwise.

New Zealand is one place I would love to visit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    For me it's CD's and a few SACD's. Spotify caused me to buy a lot of CD's which I still haven't got around to listening too yet. But without a Premium subscription any more I can't cast to the N-01.
    How much is the subscription? The D1X is $50K here in America. I don’t think anyone with a $50K DAC would squawk at $20/month for a streaming service.

If you’re focused on CD/SACD, I still wonder if the K1X/PS1 might make more sense. Esoteric migrating off of AKM Dac chips for flagship D1X?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    New Zealand is one place I would love to visit.
    I've been there a few times. Beautiful country, but they speak a weird dialect of English.
    Speakers: Magico M3, ACC, S-SUB | Electronics: Esoteric Grandioso stack | Amplification: Halcro |
    Analog cables: Crystal Cable | Digital cables: Shunyata Sigma | Rack: YG Acoustics Rack 1.8
    | Source: Kaleidescape Premiere (4 x 6TB) | Power: Shunyata Typhon-QR, Everest and Denali

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    ..I still wonder if the K1X/PS1 might make more sense
    Maybe. Except I already have the Grandioso transport which would become redundant with K1X/PS1 and would be a tough sell on the used market. N01XD was another option but I decided on D1X. I think I am the first D1X owner here, right? I've asked if Esoteric will vlog the building of my D1X, mine will be built in the August production run. I really want to see them CNC machining the face plates.
    Speakers: Magico M3, ACC, S-SUB | Electronics: Esoteric Grandioso stack | Amplification: Halcro |
    Analog cables: Crystal Cable | Digital cables: Shunyata Sigma | Rack: YG Acoustics Rack 1.8
    | Source: Kaleidescape Premiere (4 x 6TB) | Power: Shunyata Typhon-QR, Everest and Denali

Maybe. Except I already have the Grandioso transport which would become redundant with K1X/PS1 and would be a tough sell on the used market. N01XD was another option but I decided on D1X. I think I am the first D1X owner here, right? I've asked if Esoteric will vlog the building of my D1X, mine will be built in the August production run. I really want to see them CNC machining the face plates.
    +1 on that,...assuming you have the P1X transport as well (the P1 would also work with D1X DACs up to ES-LINK4 level, so clarifying), moving to a pair of D1X is the superior
    move no matter how good the K1X and PS1 combo is (and it's reported to be fantastic).

There is one other Grandioso P1X and D1X that I know whom I believe is a member here; he lives on the east coast of the US. He also has the G1X clock and his
    system sounds fantastic (two visits there in 2021).

I have the Grandioso P1 and D1s with Cybershaft clock and am equally happy with what I hear out of that stack; some would say the X is superior; having heard both,
    I would say they are equivalent in sound quality simply with different approaches in DAC technology and sonic output style, not quality.

vlog: that would be great and if they actually say yes and show the manufacturing process, there are quite of few including me that would love to see it.

Congratulations on your upcoming acquisition!
    Legacy Audio Valor+Wavelet v2, Esoteric S-02 Amps HDPlex 300W, RevAudio Labs DC Umbilical, Esoteric Grandioso P1, P1PSU & dual D1 DACs, Cybershaft Prem Ltd OP21A 10 MHz Clock, Esoteric C-02X, Shunyata Everest 8000 & Altaira SG-NR hubs, Sigma SGC/CGC ground cables, VTX-Ag ground tails, AfterBurner8 duplexes, CSP Inc Q4B, S2B IEC plates, Shunyata Omega CLOCK-50 cables, Tubulus Concentus HDMI, Elrod Master Series Diamond SE & Masters Series Gold Power cords and Statement Gold XLRs, Diamond XLRs & Master Series Diamond XLRs, Shunyata OMEGA QR-s power cable, Anaconda Z-tron XLR, Elrod Statement Gold speaker cables, Adona Zero GX3, GX2, GX racks, Composite Audio CF-2010, Townshend Audio Podiums, HRS DPX Damping Plates, Stillpoints Ultra SS w/Ultra Bases, pArtScience 64-well, 2D QRD 3-inch SpaceArray Diffusors

Travel/Rip: Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2023 M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, REW Audio Analyzer, dbPowerAmp, DVD Audio Extractor

Thanks. I've got 10 weeks to contemplate what CD to play first when it arrives.

When D1X/P1X was first released the earlier adopters were, apparently, D1/P1 owners. Yet there wasn't a flood of used D1/P1 come onto the market that I saw (I only saw one pair of D1 advertised locally and from memory the owner was asking $7K USD for them). And I haven't seen any commentary from a D1/P1 owner who made the upgrade. It's all very mysterious. My starting point reference here is N-01. Quite obviously there is a big price difference between that and D1X. Maybe I should have bought the used D1 and just been happy with that. With D1X coming I do need one more clock cable.

When D1X/P1X was first released the earlier adopters were, apparently, D1/P1 owners. Yet there wasn't a flood of used D1/P1 come onto the market that I saw (I only saw one pair of D1 advertised locally and from memory the owner was asking $7K USD for them). And I haven't seen any commentary from a D1/P1 owner who made the upgrade. It's all very mysterious. My starting point reference here is N-01. Quite obviously there is a big price difference between that and D1X. Maybe I should have bought the used D1 and just been happy with that. With D1X coming I do need one more clock cable.
    From what I recall seeing, the P1X / D1X hit in 2019 and then came the pandemic so that may have slowed adoption for a while (by a very small amount).

I recall a number of P-01 / D-01 owners selling and jumping to the P1X/D1X skipping the P1/D1 altogether.

There were a few P1/D1 combos traded in and/or sold on the used market; other owners who bought P1X/D1X did so from the K1 or K1X if memory serves.

There is one P1/D1 combo for sale in UK and I've seen a few in Japan previously for sale or offering by audio stores that may have taken them on trade up.
    There was also at least one combo sold in US on the used market last year. I bought mine as a dealer demo with full warranty.

The P1X/D1X sound fantastic,....I think we are just seeing various economic and timing factors in play in some cases.
    Legacy Audio Valor+Wavelet v2, Esoteric S-02 Amps HDPlex 300W, RevAudio Labs DC Umbilical, Esoteric Grandioso P1, P1PSU & dual D1 DACs, Cybershaft Prem Ltd OP21A 10 MHz Clock, Esoteric C-02X, Shunyata Everest 8000 & Altaira SG-NR hubs, Sigma SGC/CGC ground cables, VTX-Ag ground tails, AfterBurner8 duplexes, CSP Inc Q4B, S2B IEC plates, Shunyata Omega CLOCK-50 cables, Tubulus Concentus HDMI, Elrod Master Series Diamond SE & Masters Series Gold Power cords and Statement Gold XLRs, Diamond XLRs & Master Series Diamond XLRs, Shunyata OMEGA QR-s power cable, Anaconda Z-tron XLR, Elrod Statement Gold speaker cables, Adona Zero GX3, GX2, GX racks, Composite Audio CF-2010, Townshend Audio Podiums, HRS DPX Damping Plates, Stillpoints Ultra SS w/Ultra Bases, pArtScience 64-well, 2D QRD 3-inch SpaceArray Diffusors

Travel/Rip: Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2023 M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, REW Audio Analyzer, dbPowerAmp, DVD Audio Extractor

The Esoteric distributor in Australia is also the Shunyata Research distributor. With my D1X order might get some leverage to borrow an Omega Clock-50 and see how it compares with my Sigma v1 Clock-50 (of which I have three). Just a theoretical thought mind-you because I don't think they have demo examples of these cables. These clock cables are all back-ordered items and not kept in stock locally.

Audioshark

Wasn’t aware you already had the P1X. Hell yeah, D1X all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nah, P1. I mentioned earlier that P1X was announced a week after I bought P1. So now having ordered D1X I expect Esoteric will announce D1XS next week.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Esoteric migrating off of AKM Dac chips for flagship D1X?