Esoteric migrating off of AKM Dac chips for flagship D1X? - Page 17
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Esoteric migrating off of AKM Dac chips for flagship D1X?

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    I'd like to add to my collection of worthwhile SACD, rather than the hit-and-miss random approach.
    http://sa-cd.net/
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI CLASSIC 3/Ortofon A95> Nordost Valhalla XLR> ASR Basis Exclusive> Wireworld Gold XLR--->

Digital: AURENDER N10> Nordost Valhalla AES/EBU> CARY 306 SACD PRO>> WW Plat XLR--->

===> Cary SLP-05>> WW Gold XLR> Bryston 28B-SST2>> WW Silver> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES

[Klaudio/Shunyata/Furutech/Blue Circle/SRA/Adona/ Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the sacds i ended up in disappointment and many were not whatni would listen to.

They simply sound more processed.

The Krauss sacd is good for a mainstream pop/rock recording, by found it better than the cd version.

It does sound pretty fine over tidal but nothing.

One has to turn to good lps(mostly older and very pricey now) or open reel tapes i guess to get that specialness.

Post Thanks / Like

A Grandioso N1T. To be announced at the next Tokyo show. Let's hope so.
    That would do it! Probably out there on the roadmap somewhere if recent release schedules are any indication (just guessing)!
    Legacy Audio CalibreXD custom, dual Legacy Foundation Subs with Legacy Wavelet, Esoteric P-02, D-02, Legacy Powerbloc2, Cybershaft Premium Limited OP21 10 mHz Clock, SHUNYATA TRITON v3 & TYPHON QR, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 & EP2750, CH Copper Busbar Main & GE Sub-panel, 20-amp dedicated circuits, Dual 10’ Ground Rods, CADWELD bonding, Avatar Acoustics AfterBurner8 duplexes (5), Elrod MASTER SERIES Statement Gold Powercords (4), Elrod Statement Gold Powercords (2), Elrod Statement Silver Powercords (1), Elrod Statement Gold XLR (2 pair), Shunyata SIGMA AES/EBU 110ohm (2), Shunyata SIGMA CLOCK-50 (3), Shunyata SIGMA XLR, Shunyata Anaconda Zitron XLR, B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold custom speaker cables, Elrod MASTERS SERIES SG JUMPERS (4), Adona AV45CS4, AV45, Composite Audio CF-2010, HRS DPX Damping Plates (11), Stillpoints UltraSS w/Ultra Bases

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to add to my collection of worthwhile SACD, rather than the hit-and-miss random approach.
    I'll give it my best shot when off the road from work soon to send a list of titles; anything from Stockfisch is an easy 'yes' though their CDs are great.

Venus Records SACDs are even better than their already great "hyper magnum" CD pressings; and that's a high bar.

All the recent 40th Anniversary Tull Remaster sets on SACD are great to my ears. Vinyl is better of course but many of the news SACDs are the best discs I've heard
    including the collectible MoFi Tull at much higher prices.

Alot of 80s and 90s mainstream rock studio recordings aren't worth the money for the high-end SACD or CD versions in general (there are exceptions such as Dire Straits, Steely Dan and many others) as so much rock was recorded in the studios compressed and with low sound quality (IMHO). Again, there are exceptions...

Need more time for audio.....
    Legacy Audio CalibreXD custom, dual Legacy Foundation Subs with Legacy Wavelet, Esoteric P-02, D-02, Legacy Powerbloc2, Cybershaft Premium Limited OP21 10 mHz Clock, SHUNYATA TRITON v3 & TYPHON QR, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 & EP2750, CH Copper Busbar Main & GE Sub-panel, 20-amp dedicated circuits, Dual 10’ Ground Rods, CADWELD bonding, Avatar Acoustics AfterBurner8 duplexes (5), Elrod MASTER SERIES Statement Gold Powercords (4), Elrod Statement Gold Powercords (2), Elrod Statement Silver Powercords (1), Elrod Statement Gold XLR (2 pair), Shunyata SIGMA AES/EBU 110ohm (2), Shunyata SIGMA CLOCK-50 (3), Shunyata SIGMA XLR, Shunyata Anaconda Zitron XLR, B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold custom speaker cables, Elrod MASTERS SERIES SG JUMPERS (4), Adona AV45CS4, AV45, Composite Audio CF-2010, HRS DPX Damping Plates (11), Stillpoints UltraSS w/Ultra Bases

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asindc View Post
    +1 good suggestion along with various posts on Steve Hoffman forums and other venues

Post Thanks / Like

By any chance do they still have a P1 in the store on demo? I'd like to know how P1 and P1x compare, all other things being equal.
    If memory serves Von Schweikert has P1/D1 backing it's play in Munich and possibly other shows with the new VAC SOTA integrated and the Ultra9s.

No 10Mhz master clock though and using Master Built cables throughout the system.

P1/D1 on its own is impressive but anyone who has heard top end Esoteric single, dual or quad-box stacks will tell you they all sound their best with an external
    10 mHz clock of (Esoteric Grandioso G1, G-01 and others, Mutec, Cybershaft,....). Also connectivity options dual-HDMI where offered and then dual-AES and dual-AES where it is the top option.

I've never been a USB fan; it's one of the worst Over the wire and connector specs out there (IMHO!), and that's for computer hookup, let alone audio.

There are very very few USB cables that help with that, the best I know of is the Shunyata SIGMA USB. A good second tier contender is the powered
    B.M.C. PureUSB1 out of Germany,...been around a while, the SIGMA USB kills it though!

Post Thanks / Like

All that aside, I really wish I could stand a P1 and P1x side by side and compare them.

Post Thanks / Like

All that aside, I really wish I could stand a P1 and P1x side by side and compare them.
    You are not alone....that's a near impossibility except possibly in Akihabara in Tokyo. From a dealer perspective having that as long
    as Esoteric continues to make the P1/D1 which may or may not be long would be a self-defeating proposition as you may risk a large
    investment in one or the other as it seems certain that one will out-sell the other. Probably not what you wanted
    to hear but I think the most common reality out there...

Post Thanks / Like

From my perspective the D1x is a no-brainer, even though it's significantly more expensive than D1. Whether I wish to upgrade from my P1 to P1x, that will need some convincing.

Post Thanks / Like

From what i have read online, there were at least 2 dealers who had in the showroom the P1 and D1.

On the launch of the P1x/D1x, the old version was demoed side by side and available for sale after once the demo period of a few weeks were up back in April.

I was planning a trip and also had a plan to have a listen of the new vs. old in early June if it was still on demo, unfortunately had to cancel my trip.

It may still be available if anyone us planning a trip to Japan.

One of the stores is in Aki, Tokyo, Dynamic audio.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17