Esoteric migrating off of AKM Dac chips for flagship D1X? - Page 15
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Esoteric migrating off of AKM Dac chips for flagship D1X?

Been running in the D1x and the smoothness and texture just keeps comkng in spades in also a most relaxed manner.

It has been hard to find a description instead of the unusal audiolingo which makes no sense in so many reviews normally reported.

Bass for one, feels like coming from the ground on certain tracks and the openess and staging is not only large, but has a sense of clamness in the space. No,i cannot iscribe that my walls disappear, my walls cannot magically disappear and will forever be on all sides of my listening room.

Gone is the flashy colour sports car, in place, a superior racing machine endowed in beatiful earth tone colours

Details, clarity and a freshness to the sonic characteristic has always been one of Esoteric strong points.

Silence between notes are superb, not the type of darkness and chocolately, sticky, warmess type of darkness from maybe some other dacs may sound atypical to a dark soundproof and well padded studio may also give, this is not Esoterics way of portrayal silence or "darkness" between notes.

The silence and quiteness between notes like a summers morning in the sunlit valleys of the countryside hundreds of miles from the next human being together with the smell of the freshness of the morning air filled with dew from the moutain streams.

My k01x previously does not to me, lack any details and i was hearing sounds over time after optimising, in the mix or tracks that i could not ever imagined that the track contained.

I cannot say the d1x is any more detailed, but from running in the units, some notes and and sounds that i cannot recall seems came alive in a very different manner, not in a way like from the k01x (after heavy optimisation) which magically appearers more in an matter like how a magician appears and disappers and started to be able to resemble a in a very intelligible matter sounds of instruments and tunes where i could clearly decipher by ear. Even counting up 10 different types of sounds and tunes within a short 10 second very complex part of a heavily mixed track, often left me dumbfounded that there was so much the artiste/band had taken into the song never could imagine it.

Now with the D1x, these sounds not only more magically come to life in a most natural and realistic matter, never in a sudden burst of hyper detail like i was used to, but these same sounds of instruments and tunes now convey a "musical message" in a way i am left dumbfounded.

There is a new sense of musical artistry and message in every one of these details and sounds.

Vocals not only convey the emotions, but the texture, inflections and how each word sung, spoken and phrased become readily intelligible and such a convincing, that there is a liveness and feel to it that i now understand it is just about hearing details clearly of whatever words, sounds etc. per se, but now there is this hyper micro details in each word, sounds sung etc. is not only revealed in a whole new dimension and light, but also allowed to be conveyed and expressed in a now musical manner which becames just a small musical part of the overall musical message to every track,

It is just like when two persons you ask for a favour and both say "yes", one truthfully answers yes from the heart and the other answer yes, but from the brain or even with a sense of slight bit reluctance, we are able to hear sense these inflections in the tone of voice whether subconsciously and consciously , allowing our brain to sense this.

So a Yes is just not a Yes.

This is comparable to the whole new musical message delivered and allowed to be revealed, that snuck up and hit me whilst listening.

Being that the units were being run in, i did not have any intention during this time to pen any comments nor did i know how to express this in a manner which is useful.

Better bass, better high, more live, more real is not what i will pen down.

Closer to analogue , vinyl, tape etc.

My view is that if you want Vinyl sound, play Vinyl, tape then play tapes etc.

There is no point in comparing.

I never understood how vegetarians craving and having mock meats and saying how good it was.I can only argue till the cows cime home!

Having a top class Kobe steak in Kobe is not the same as the best steak from say any U.S cattle certified to the same standards whatever class certification of Kobe or Waygu cuts you can only get from local cattle from certain parts in Japan.

Another analogy, - nor will a Nissan GTR posting a same 0-60mph timing ever feel the same driven compared to a Lambo or Ferrari given that all reach the same timings.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to add as i am not good any writing reviews.

I came across this article (in the middle of the page) http://www.enjoythemusic.com/AXPONA_...aver/page4.htm

Spot on what exactly i was trying to convey, but did not use the term; "Microdynamics" in spades in audio lingo!

The bass now has further opened up. I can only describe that bass is not just about more, better, tighter bass. It sound above all that, bass i am getting now is most accurately described as i am getting bass from a woofer 1 -2 inches bigger! Deep bass now hit from the floor up!

I am truly more than impressed! I was not expecting such improvements or should i say this new direction in sound is really a new revolution in sound for Esoteric, rightly said.

I am glad that they have moved on from the AKM chips. Whatever sound obtained from the AK chips they have previously used, it has been a delight to get away from AKM dac chips.

3. Thanks Ritmo thanked for this post
    Likes moby1977 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

did you post a photo of them anywhere, about from your moniker pic?

Post Thanks / Like

Did you see it somewhere?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15