Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark

MSB Premier DAC Review

http://www.mondoaudio.it/img/uploade...SB%20AR403.pdf

Google translation of high lights:

MSB PREMIER DAC on report
    The D / a MSB PREMIER DAC Converter, last project of the California house, is tested by Marco Benedetti for report of November.
    Below some excerpts, at the bottom the link to the entire review:

"... defining extremely convincing the result in the listening room is an understatement.
    It is one of those dangerous products to try, because there is a concrete risk of suffering excruciatingly when the time comes to send them back."

" the inside is a show, we are used to the architectural beauty of the interior of the DAC MSB, but every time it is a

"... we are at the peaks of digital reproduction, let's say that 10 years ago similar results were absolutely unthinkable."

" in conclusion, even this time msb hit me hard, with a product of huge charm, which besides playing bloody well is built like a ferrari."

"to listen absolutely, but only if you can afford it, otherwise better not know"

Whole Review (PDF):
    http://www.mondoaudio.it/img/uploade...SB%20AR403.pdf
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: MSB Premier DAC Review

Ohhhh mama mia, mama mia......I want one!.....
    Bouna sera
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

I have been considering sending my Discrete is for the Premier upgrade and keep talking myself out of doing so. This post does not help !
    My system:
    Power: PS Audio P15 , dedicated 20amp circuits
    Front End: MSB Discrete DAC with MSB renderer

Pre: Simaudio Moon 740P
    Amp: McIntosh MC462
    Speakers: B&W 802 D3
    Interconnects: AQ Earth XLR and Stealth Metacarbon
    Speaker Cable: AQ Type 4 (20 ft runs)

I had the pleasure of several hours with the Femto 93 clock card upgrade in the Premier dac over the weekend. This card actually gets you lower jitter than the stock clock in the Reference dac.

To me, the clock upgrade is a much larger improvement than moving from double power supplies to the PowerBase. Considerably more vibrant, dynamic but with even more analog feel and decay. It was a bigger effect than I anticipated. I was hesitant to purchase it upfront, but likely will be upgrading at some point in 2019. The beauty of MSB yet again.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Thanks for this Keith. A Femto 93 upgrade is definitely a 2019 project for me. Good to know it is a significant step up from the Premier clock.
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    I had the pleasure of several hours with the Femto 93 clock card upgrade in the Premier dac over the weekend. This card actually gets you lower jitter than the stock clock in the Reference dac.

To me, the clock upgrade is a much larger improvement than moving from double power supplies to the PowerBase. Considerably more vibrant, dynamic but with even more analog feel and decay. It was a bigger effect than I anticipated. I was hesitant to purchase it upfront, but likely will be upgrading at some point in 2019. The beauty of MSB yet again.
    Keith , based on your statement I just ordered the Femto 93 for my premier. I was hesitant as the price relative to the original cost of the DAC seems disproportionate but Vince (MSB) said not the case. Will arrive in a week and I will update

Quote Originally Posted by Billt1 View Post
    Keith , based on your statement I just ordered the Femto 93 for my premier. I was hesitant as the price relative to the original cost of the DAC seems disproportionate but Vince (MSB) said not the case. Will arrive in a week and I will update
    Thanks Bill, look forward to your comments. It was not a small upgrade.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Any initial impressions on the stock vs Femto clock on the Premier, Bill?

Quote Originally Posted by Billt1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rhmmmm View Post
    Any initial impressions on the stock vs Femto clock on the Premier, Bill?
    I think I should start a new topic for that answer as this thread has run a gamut of topics
    System #1................................................ System #2

ROON Nucleus + server ...............................SME 20/3A
    MSB Reference DAC / V2 Renderer ...............SME V arm
    VAC Signature MkII SE Preamp .....................Dynavector TE Kaitora Rua
    MSB S202 Stereo Amp.................. ..... Sutherland current gain phono stage, Phono loco
    Wilson Audio Sasha II................................ Stenheim Alumime Three
    REL G1 Mk II (pair) Subs............................ Bricasti M1 SE DAC
    Transparent Audio Gen 5 Reference........... T+A PA3000HV Integrated

[

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

MSB Premier DAC Review