Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Magico M????

Re: Magico M????

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Al, you can disagree, but remember he is talking about Magico speakers, not other brands. With what do you emphatically disagree, that this is Magico's opinion about the use of subs with their Mini 2 and Q1 speakers, that this is what he told me, or more generally, the use of subs with monitors? He is not suggesting what you do with your brand of speakers, that is your business. He is just recommending what sounds best in his experience with the monitor speakers he designs. He told me that a fuller range Magico speaker will sound better than one of his monitors with subs.
    Obviously I am not the only one who disagrees here.
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC / Octave HP 700 preamp / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

We all have our preferences, I don't like subs with monitors either, and from physics point of view, there are good argument against it. But if you like it, good for you, it is all good.

It was just said as monitors. Nothing specific.

In my experience, integrating a sub with a speaker requires the speaker to be able to go down to at least 40 hz. Whether a monitor or stand mount makes no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Professor, when they told me this, they were specifically talking about their own monitors, including the two way floor standing S1. Did they tell you they were talking about all monitors with subs?
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    Interesting. I can understand that. In some ways I preferred the bass of my S5mk1 over my MPros. With my S5's they almost pressurized the room (which is hard to do since it's got opening to other rooms) and I thought the MPro with one more 10" woofer would do the trick but it has less bass in the power (or 'punch') region. The bass is deeper and more refined, but not satisfying for rock (in *my* room of course).
    I am not sure, Ian. I remember back in July or August 2017, when you played that prog rock CD from Transatlantic for me, that were the most impactful rock drums and electric bass that I have ever heard from a system. Terrific rhythm & timing, too. It was big and bold, and lots of pressurization of the room. It was intoxicating.

That was with your CAT amps on the M Pro and the Yggdrasil DAC.
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC / Octave HP 700 preamp / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

State of the art drive units, huge cone area (3x 10"), sealed enclosure of irregular shape (no standing waves to muddy the sound) - the M6 has all it takes to get the reference quality bass.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Magico M????