Magico M???? - Page 11
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Magico M????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magico M????

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Al, you can disagree, but remember he is talking about Magico speakers, not other brands. With what do you emphatically disagree, that this is Magico's opinion about the use of subs with their Mini 2 and Q1 speakers, that this is what he told me, or more generally, the use of subs with monitors? He is not suggesting what you do with your brand of speakers, that is your business. He is just recommending what sounds best in his experience with the monitor speakers he designs. He told me that a fuller range Magico speaker will sound better than one of his monitors with subs.
    Obviously I am not the only one who disagrees here.
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil DAC / Tripp Lite 1000HG isolation transformer (only digital front end) / Pass B1 passive buffered preamp (revised 2014 version) / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen and tested for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

Post Thanks / Like

We all have our preferences, I don't like subs with monitors either, and from physics point of view, there are good argument against it. But if you like it, good for you, it is all good.

Post Thanks / Like

It was just said as monitors. Nothing specific.

In my experience, integrating a sub with a speaker requires the speaker to be able to go down to at least 40 hz. Whether a monitor or stand mount makes no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Professor, when they told me this, they were specifically talking about their own monitors, including the two way floor standing S1. Did they tell you they were talking about all monitors with subs?
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Lumin U1, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC, Raidho D5, 2 Magico QSub15s, Shunyata Sigma IC/SC/PCs, Denali/Typhon.

Workshop: Lumin U1/BorderPatrol custom DAC, Border Patrol Pre and Power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, Magico Q15 subs, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

4. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    Interesting. I can understand that. In some ways I preferred the bass of my S5mk1 over my MPros. With my S5's they almost pressurized the room (which is hard to do since it's got opening to other rooms) and I thought the MPro with one more 10" woofer would do the trick but it has less bass in the power (or 'punch') region. The bass is deeper and more refined, but not satisfying for rock (in *my* room of course).
    I am not sure, Ian. I remember back in July or August 2017, when you played that prog rock CD from Transatlantic for me, that were the most impactful rock drums and electric bass that I have ever heard from a system. Terrific rhythm & timing, too. It was big and bold, and lots of pressurization of the room. It was intoxicating.

That was with your CAT amps on the M Pro and the Yggdrasil DAC.
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil DAC / Tripp Lite 1000HG isolation transformer (only digital front end) / Pass B1 passive buffered preamp (revised 2014 version) / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen and tested for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

Post Thanks / Like

State of the art drive units, huge cone area (3x 10"), sealed enclosure of irregular shape (no standing waves to muddy the sound) - the M6 has all it takes to get the reference quality bass.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Vitus SM-103 / MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Pacific + Lampi DSD Komputer
    Cables: AQ WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC / AQ Hurricane PCs

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11