Suggestions for 6SN7 Tubes - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions for 6SN7 Tubes

Post Thanks / Like

The Black Treasures are the driver tubes in the Audio Mirror amps. Very nice indeed and Vlad suggested them to me. He told me he felt they were the best driver tube match for his amplifiers.
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2; T+A DAC 8 DSD; T+A AMP 8; KEF R700; AudioQuest Niagara 1000; Falcon Northwest Music Server; Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Roon Playback Software, W4S Recovery; Oppo BDP-105; McIntosh MR7083; Astell&Kern AK240; Audeze LCD-i4

Post Thanks / Like

VT-99 is a great tube. The Phillips brand are quite good.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Post Thanks / Like

I do have the Phillips Rectifier in the Dennis Had Dragon Inspire and the 6sl7's input tubes for the Audio Mirror are also a NOS Phillips.
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2; T+A DAC 8 DSD; T+A AMP 8; KEF R700; AudioQuest Niagara 1000; Falcon Northwest Music Server; Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Roon Playback Software, W4S Recovery; Oppo BDP-105; McIntosh MR7083; Astell&Kern AK240; Audeze LCD-i4

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I am sticking with the Audio Mirror amps I decided to do some rolling again.

The 1952 Sylvania Chrome Dome are very detailed, maybe even a tad too much. They produce a very forward image (which really surprises me). Excellent impact... maybe a tad too much in your face for my taste.

The 1956 CBS 5692 Brown Base are very nice. Inviting and musical in every way. They draw me into the music much more so then the Sylvania's.

The Black Treasures are a bit over-sized and because the porcelain base is bigger they do not fit snug to the tube connector because there are chassis nuts that interfere. Vlad says this is not an issue, they are making plenty enough contact. They are pretty amazing in every way. Everything I like about the CBS is brought to an even higher level.

I had a pair of RCA Gray Glass VT231 and have tried a couple others. The RCA ended up being a little noisy, but very nice image! Anything else worth considering?

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.google.com/search?q=vt99...Hd1C_yZ83n7nM:
    of the best 6sn7 I own. Yes ugly but very good
    hyper detailed but slightly warm to hide it a bit
    i use them in two head headphone amps
    also low noise floor and slightly less gain then some 6sn7 tubes
    to get better I need to go to SET Versions of 6sn7 they need dual adaptors to use two in one socket on amp or premap.
    TUBEZATOR

preamp ML26
    amps ML No.33
    Bespoke Windows Server 2016 server with AO
    Infinity IRS-V speakers with Xover redone by Arie Nudell.
    Dac lampi Pac and GG2.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you... I have been a bit concerned with using adapters. Afraid that I will get the incorrect one and end up damaging my amp or something ....

Post Thanks / Like

Now if you really want to go off the deep end you can replace the 6SL7's by using a 7F7 & an adapter.
    Dick Olsher really likes the "7" series of Loktal tubes.
    My System:
    A trusty old Pioneer PD-65 as a Transport, Lumin A-1, a Merrill Heirloom T.T. as sources. A Lampizator DAC to PAD Cables to a SP-14 Tubed PreAmp, Pass XA30.5 , Fusion speaker cables, AudioKinesis Zephryn 46 Speakers. pair Rythmik F-12 subs, EP2050, Kaplan Power cables, Hydra power conditioner, Two dedicated 20Amp power lines. DIY corner traps and Acoustic Geometry Curves for room treatment.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4