Gobel and CH at RMAF report
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gobel and CH at RMAF report

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2018/...-ch-precision/

Thank you Lee S. for the report and kind words.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gobel and CH at RMAF report

Quote Originally Posted by BendingWave View Post
    https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2018/...-ch-precision/

Thank you Lee S. for the report and kind words.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2018/...-best-of-show/

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the stellar review. Obviously as an owner, I have my bias, but since these are new in America, I look forward to them gaining the traction that many other speakers in this price range have garnered here in the USA.

These are not cheap nor is the supporting equipment to get the best out of these speakers, but they are amazing and as good or better than anything I have ever heard. Oliver is not a "tinkerer" but an engineer and there is lots of science as well as listening behind his approach and it shows.

These speakers are also speakers that when you first hear, are so coherent relative to most other speakers and the presentation so pure that it really does take a few days to come to grips with its presentation as they are so different than most speakers out there in their realism as well as all the other things great speakers do.

If Lee liked what he heard in the crappy RMAF conditions, he is going to go nuts when he comes to your showroom. I will be interested to see what he thinks of the Aeon Fine vs. Aeon Reference vs. Oliver's new foray into box speakers the Divin Noblese.

Well as an owner of the Aeon Fine, I second the review.
    Speakers: Gobel Epoque Aeon Fine
    DAC: MSB Select II with Femto33 Renderer V2 and USB V2
    Amplifier: CH Precision M1 Amplifier
    Interconnects and Speaker Cables: Gobel Lacorde Statement XLR Interconnects, Speaker Cables, Power Cords and Ethernet Cable
    Walker Audio Amplifier Stand
    Roon/NAS on isolated network
    Poltrona Frau Willy Chair
    Art Novion Komodo W Absorbers on Front Wall
    ASC Tube Traps in corners

TBD: Rack for MSB Select II

Post Thanks / Like

I listen this speaker with CH in Munchen for 2 years and for me was the best room both year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    I listen this speaker with CH in Munchen for 2 years and for me was the best room both year
    Hi gian60

My understanding is that this year at Munich the Gobel room was showing their new (absurdly priced) Divin Majestic and that the new Aeon Reference was in the Vitus room.

Some people loved the Vitus room while others felt it wasn't the greatest to demo either piece of equipment. The speaker you heard 2 years ago was before the Aeon which is the new bending wave Gobel.

I have the smaller one, the Aeon Fine and couldn't be happier. As you have experienced it really is a special speaker. It is also, IMHO, a revolutionary design and presentation that compared to most conventional speakers is so different that one need spend some time to absorb just how good these things are and to absorb the differences between conventional speakers.

I am having a ball with mine.
    Speakers: Gobel Epoque Aeon Fine
    DAC: MSB Select II with Femto33 Renderer V2 and USB V2
    Amplifier: CH Precision M1 Amplifier
    Interconnects and Speaker Cables: Gobel Lacorde Statement XLR Interconnects, Speaker Cables, Power Cords and Ethernet Cable
    Walker Audio Amplifier Stand
    Roon/NAS on isolated network
    Poltrona Frau Willy Chair
    Art Novion Komodo W Absorbers on Front Wall
    ASC Tube Traps in corners

TBD: Rack for MSB Select II

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Priaptor View Post
    Hi gian60

My understanding is that this year at Munich the Gobel room was showing their new (absurdly priced) Divin Majestic and that the new Aeon Reference was in the Vitus room.

Some people loved the Vitus room while others felt it wasn't the greatest to demo either piece of equipment. The speaker you heard 2 years ago was before the Aeon which is the new bending wave Gobel.

I have the smaller one, the Aeon Fine and couldn't be happier. As you have experienced it really is a special speaker. It is also, IMHO, a revolutionary design and presentation that compared to most conventional speakers is so different that one need spend some time to absorb just how good these things are and to absorb the differences between conventional speakers.

I am having a ball with mine.
    I am obviously convinced since I brought the products to the United States and put my money where my mouth is!
    The Aeon's at the Munich show last year was far from their capabilities. We had very good sound at RMAF this year but still not close to what we have now in the showroom or what I have heard at Priaptor's home.
    Why ? you ask. Its really simple. It takes time to get a system dialed in and YES it takes a good listening environment as well.
    Expecting any great system to be 100 percent at a show is honestly absurd. This is true for all of them not just mine.We had one day to set up at RMAF and that includes building racks, unpacking all the gear and assembling whatever is required, getting everything plugged and working before you can even attempt to make it sound good. True for every single room!
    The latest speakers and cables driven by the CH Precision electronics is truly something special. These speakers are different in the way they work and the way they sound because they are free from the type of sound/distortion that most speakers have. The word I use is PURE and they are free from phase issues that one doesn't know are there until they are no longer present.

US Distributor for Gobel High End Speakers and Cables.
    Dealer for CH Precision and Furutech

Post Thanks / Like

Pricing on these Gobel speakers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dznutz View Post
    Pricing on these Gobel speakers?
    If you're asking about the Gobel Aeon Reference speakers $220,000, or $140,000 for the Aeon Fine.
    https://www.audiogon.com/listings/li...nce-full-range

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, many Dealers refuse to carry these boutique, unknown brands as the Distributor and the Manufacturer can literally disappear overnight and resale is practically nil.

10. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dznutz View Post
    Wow, many Dealers refuse to carry these boutique, unknown brands as the Distributor and the Manufacturer can literally disappear overnight and resale is practically nil.

I am the importer and distributor for this company in the United States. Let me set the record straight so you do not make uninformed generalizations about our company or Gobel High End. Gobel is entering their 15th year in business and has distribution all over the world they are just new in the U.S. Our company has just completed a year long construction project to build a state of the art showroom here in Florida.
    No dealer carries the products because we don't want to market our product through a dealer network. We decided based on the price of our speakers and the service that I deem required to sell and make sure they are installed and set up to perfection that we would sell directly to our clients and that is what we have done.

US Distributor for Gobel High End Speakers and Cables.
    Dealer for CH Precision and Furutech

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast