Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ampsandsound Casablanca

Ah... we need pictures Rex... you know the rules
    Pre-amp: Audio Mirror T-61
    Digital: T+A DAC 8 DSD; Falcon Tiki; W4S Recovery; Roon & HQPlayer
    Amplifiers: Audio Mirror REFLECTION; T+A AMP 8; McIntosh MC754
    Speakers/Headphones: KEF R700, R400b; Dennis Had Dragon Inspire IHA-1; Focal Clear
    Other: Oppo BDP-105; Technics ST-9030; AudioQuest Niagara 1000

Post Thanks / Like

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joeinid; December 5, 2018 at 02:44 PM.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp, Altec Lansing 1570B modded by Transition Audio Design and myself, Mojo Audio CAT Server running Win Server 2016 AO HQ and Roon, Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC, Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Custom TT with Vertere Arm, Denon 103R Midas with sapphire cantilever line contact diamond, Allnic H1201 phono pre, Pure Audio Project Trio 10 with performance Solen air core chokes and Mundord Supreme oil caps, Power via 10 awg OFC cord from panel to custom distribution strip, Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good packaging, Double boxed. precisely cut foam.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp, Altec Lansing 1570B modded by Transition Audio Design and myself, Mojo Audio CAT Server running Win Server 2016 AO HQ and Roon, Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC, Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Custom TT with Vertere Arm, Denon 103R Midas with sapphire cantilever line contact diamond, Allnic H1201 phono pre, Pure Audio Project Trio 10 with performance Solen air core chokes and Mundord Supreme oil caps, Power via 10 awg OFC cord from panel to custom distribution strip, Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

Post Thanks / Like

It comes pre biased with labeled sockets and tubes.

It really is magical sounding. I did not know I was keeping so much from my speakers.

My initial notes are Nice and clean, natural, accurate, musical and flowing. It's great at low volume. Of course it has a magical sweet spot but It's not that loud, or at least I did not push it at all to have my jaw drop. I have not fully opened it up as my wife was home. She too said it sounds nice. Of course she would be happy with and old syrup sounding CJ. Fortunately this has plenty of bass to keep her happy.

Today Adrian with the Linear Solution is coming by to demo his new Endpoint. These amps will make it much easier to hear minute changes.

By the way, the change I hear is on an order of magnitude. I'm actually kind of pissed my Altec sound that bad. I can't think of better spent money. DACs, cables, phono pre, phono cartridges all subtle changes. This is on the magnitude of speaker or really fine preamp change. Maybe if you were going from 14 awg house receptacles power to 10 awg ofc from your panel to rack. I'm very satisfied.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations, looks awesome.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard the network streamer (endpoint) its nice. Subtle but nice. It coaxea more life and natural ease as well as clarity of cymbal strikes and drum roles. But, it's subtle. These amps are far from subtle. I very much enjoyed playing them through the day. So far there is nothing about them I am unhappy with. There are pretty much just right. Lots of detail but never strident. Nice tight bass, not thin and not bloated. These In my mind are a deal for $4,400. I did add the transformer input for an additional $500.

7. Likes UltraFast69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Rex. Congratulations on your new amps. So glad you love them and I am happy you found amps that make you smile.

Everything you are describing is exactly what I feel about my Audio Mirror amps!

So I guess you decided against SET amps. I thought you were leaning towards SET ... As long as they make you happy is all that matters.
    Speakers/Headphones: KEF R700, R400b; Dennis Had Dragon Inspire IHA-1; Focal Clear

Post Thanks / Like

I am really liking these amps. Really really nice. Just so musical and right.

10. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very happy for you Rex! They sound like fantastic amps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3