New Product - 6 watt PX25 tube Monoblocks.
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

New Product - 6 watt PX25 tube Monoblocks.

I was approached by David Beetles who currently owns these amps. $14500 with KRON tubes, $2500 more if NOS tubes used in place of the KRON. PX25, 5U4G, e810f. Auto biasing. Old school basic circuitry. by

I asked Kang Su for a comparison between these and my beloved A6000 DHT - 4 300b in parallel. "For PX-25 and A-6000, they are real single-ended, (one vs.four tubes), but there are two differences, first A-6000 is plate choke transformer drive (which need coupling capacitor) and PX-25 is a true interstage transformer coupled which is the most difficult method (no need of coupling capacitor).

In comparison, A-6000 has -6dB feedback for bass driving factor (Damping factor). Without feedback its bass is very poor, although -6dB is very slight and natural feedback, it is not good to have negative-feedback. PX-25 is real Non negative feedback, but bass is excellent naturally. A-6000 is better on very high frequency (because of feedback), it is so complicate and delicate. PX-25 is the most basic and authentic triode single-ended, only unique in the world, only Allnic can make this amp."

For me I will be feeding this into the Daedalus Zeus 99dB, 6 ohm rated. The PX25 can set the impedance at 4 or 8 ohms. 8 ohms would be the ideal setting since the minimal impedance is 5 ohms. Allnic can make a 6/12 ohm Transformer. I opted against this.

While this amp has ample headroom, if you are into the subtle intricacies of your music with most direct signal path, this is something to consider.

More to follow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Product - 6 watt PX25 tube Monoblocks.

Those are beautiful amps. Can’t wait to see more about them. I love the looks of all the Allnic gear.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, JBL L100 (orange), Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2.

Post Thanks / Like

I was curious about the this amp. They also make it with AD1 and 300B. Did you ask KS what the differences in sound are between the 3 versions?

Post Thanks / Like

I did inquire since I too had the same interest. I have a ton of 300b in my current system. 12 total. I wanted to see what other options are out there. Plus, NOS 300b just do not exist at my price range. Furthermore, the acclaimed 300b by Takatsuki and eventually the re-issue of the WE are also very expensive. Then again, I have some Emission Labs 300b XLS that are 6 years old going strong. Kron's dont seem to last for me. But if they make 200 hours they go for a long time.

What is intriguing to me with this amp is the interstage transformer and only a singular tube providing the most direct, unimpeded signal without possibility of phase issues from a parallel setup. Having a good source long term supply of NOS PX25 tubes. They are also expensive like the WE and the TA, but these amps take one tube each, not four, like the A6000 -- The PX25 seems to be the route that interests me most. Plus I trust David Beetle's ears as his are much like mine.

From Kang Su--

300B mu 3.8, rp 700 ohm Pd 42w
    PX-25 mu 6, rp 1k Pd 25W
    Ad-1 mu 4, rp 750 ohm Pd 15w
    mu is voltage amplification factor, rp is internal impedance, Pd is power dissipation( maximum plate
    power handling.)
    300B is the most powerful, but very hard to drive( need interstage transformer ratio 1:2, this factor
    is the most difficult to overcome)
    PX-25 is medium power, easiest to drive( need 1:1.5 interstage, that's why PX-25 sound is excellent)
    Ad-1( Ed of Siemens is the best among equivalents) the smallest power, easy to drive( 1:1.5 interstage)
    but, need more efficient loud speakers.
    Ad-1(Ed) sound has european noble sound, so, if you have very good and sensitive speakers

From David -
    The AD1’s I heard were very nice but a softer presentation but very pretty. The PX25 nails it for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Exce;lent info, thanks. I'd like to know what "European noble sound" is... I have the Allnic T1500 Mk2 with EML 300B XLS. Originally I had the latest Elrog 300B and I thought those sounded better, but the XLS seems to give more of a powerful sound, which I also like.

Post Thanks / Like

So I pulled the trigger on these. There are a lot of NOS PX25 tubes that are the holy grail of tubes that I am planning to stock up for a healthy lifetime supply for these amps. PX25 VR40P NOS Osram Globe DHT, Great Britain. Kang Su is tweaking the amp design and is able to pull another 1-1.5 watt from the tube without harming longevity. This will help improve an already incredible dynamic range. I anticipate arrival around early January. So they will be 7.5 watt.

A topic for a different thread. I encourage those in need of digital/analog interconnect, speaker or power cables to check out http://allnicaudio.com/?page_id=955 I have been adding in these cables and now have almost an entire loom. Biggest benefit was in the power cables. My Linestage is single ended so when I switched brands, I moved from balanced to single ended, so the improvement there was exponential but there are many influences here and no way to determine what was the most beneficial. The cables I replaced are the Antipodes Reference cable, which are something special. (ZL Technology by Allnic>Antipodes Reference>>Audience Au24sx>>>High Fidelity Ultimate Reference). Which to me demonstrates cost of cable is irrespective of benefit. Advantage for ZL cables is additional length are nominal price. $200 per 0.5 meter additional length. Antipodes was sold on a per meter basis. I believe the Cable Co is the US sales and have samples to audition for free.

Stay tune!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also using the ZL cables right now for speaker and interconnect. Are you using the 3000 or 5000 for power? How stiff are the power cables?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vortrex View Post
    I'm also using the ZL cables right now for speaker and interconnect. Are you using the 3000 or 5000 for power? How stiff are the power cables?
    Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, JBL L100 (orange), Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2.

Post Thanks / Like

After much dialog with David Beetles and Kang Su, my conclusion is that cables are identical except for the gauge of the wire. The rule is for low current demand use the smaller gauge ZL3000. However, this rule in my estimation has been debunked. High current linear power supplies for source components is essential to reduce jitter and meet the demands for optimal signal presentation. I challenged both of them to a comparison and another person who also has replaced his cabling across all his systems with ZL. They had an eye opening moment. The consumer who I modeled my system from in 2012. Sold off all his ZL3000 for the 5000 series. The cable is much stiffer but manageable. My wife is more OCD than I am. She re-laid my cables maintaining my one rule that signal cables are above power cords. While stiff, it is doable.

Background: I have horrible electrical power in part due to the tech neighborhood I live in (Nike and Intel Exec) and the switch power supplies in my house played havoc on my system. I installed a Torus 75a isolation transformer and ran dedicated lines. Tore the darn house apart in the process. The wife was pissed. I have dedicated lines to each Amp, Pre, and source components feed off a Audience Adept Response TSSD 12. I replaced my au24sx power cable with the ZL5000 to a Neutrik adapter. The improvement was not subtle, particularly in the detail of music presentation. I had more spatial clarity and hear level of detail in my music that was not there before. ZL cables are welded. Once they can do this process to a Neutrik I will replace the cable without an adaptor.

These cables across the product line have done a tremendous job at removing RF pollution which I still struggles with despite the isolation transformer. LED lighting and Dimer switches. Between my rack and amps, in the corner is a gas stove. The fan when clicking on and off would create a pop in my speakers. More so with the 99 dB effeciency. The pop was loud. Even tried at the advice of Steve Nugent at Empirical, place a capacitor between the hot and neutral of the motor ac plug to no effect. These cables silenced this. Only if I place my ear to the speaker I can hear a faint pop. It is effectively gone a 1' from the speaker, vs being significantly annoying.

Attached Images Attached Images