New Product - 6 watt PX25 tube Monoblocks. - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Product - 6 watt PX25 tube Monoblocks.

Is the amp on the Allnic site. I don't see it. I have the H1201 phono. Wish I had the H1202.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp, Altec Lansing 1570B modded by Transition Audio Design and myself, Mojo Audio CAT Server running Win Server 2016 AO HQ and Roon, Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC, Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Custom TT with Vertere Arm, Denon 103R Midas with sapphire cantilever line contact diamond, Allnic H1201 phono pre, Pure Audio Project Trio 10 with performance Solen air core chokes and Mundord Supreme oil caps, Power via 10 awg OFC cord from panel to custom distribution strip, Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

Post Thanks / Like

Kingrex - If you have a chance to audition the new H1202 phono, you must. From what I read on Audiogon forums I have not heard one person who auditioned it and did not adore it or sell their previous unit.

The 311's have been produced for a while. The new version is not on their website - with the interstage transformer - which isolates the first gain power pentode-triode e810f tube from the signal path making the amps DEAD SILENT. I place my ear to my 99 dB efficient speakers - silence.

These amps arrived safely but not without drama. I pay UPS a subscription to access my garage using my house code to secure packages. This service is only offered by them and not DHL (although with some work FedEx will also do this for free). UPS was my requested carrier from Korea. They left the amps is direct line of sight in front of my garage door. I arrived home 20 min later. Usually here in Portland, Oregon, the package thief follow delivery trucks directly and pluck packages as they are being delivered. Driver do try to call the police but unfortunately these cases do not hold up in court so the WILD WEST exists here in liberal West Coast states. The judicial industrial complex desires to convict productive citizens as they pay handsomely into the criminal justice system, and frankly the system in Oregon is quite corrupt.

DO NOTE: package theft falls to the responsibility of the sender not the delivery company. Anything is Allnic's product line is what I consider high dollar quality and Allnic also is and IMHO thankfully will remain a cottage industry. A loss of product is a not insignificant financial consequence. As consumers, I feel it is our responsibility to ensure our package is delivered properly.

(I DIGRESS)

Now that good! These amps at 7.5 Watts, single stage, no capacitor and of a very simple design have no issue driving 99 dB Daedalus Zeus speakers. So the entire Daedalus product line will be driven well by these amps. This leads me to believe the reason why my A6000 tubes have lasted 7 years of significant use is likely they have not been driven hard. There has not been much time in the amps yet so I will limited my impressions to: Increased clarity along the frequency spectrum. No compression at the higher frequencies. Some loss at the low end but the amps are again new. This, I anticipate will open up over the next month.

The A6000's 60 Watts 100 KOhm impedance will drive any speaker without issue regardless of their rated efficiency. Pretty complex point-to-point wiring. They are still produced, but with hesitation due to the complexity and time (read hands on labor) to build. If anyone is interested in them, PM me. 10 Audiomagic beeswax fuses and Emission Labs XLS tubes, with a new extra set. Wonderful amps.

That said, if you have highly efficient speakers 97 dB or better and listen to your music at non-ear damaging levels, go with the 311's. Invest the cost savings into some rare U52 rectifier tubes and PX25 tubes. They do not need to be matched pairs. Few are required. There is not biasing in this amp. If a tube blows, the meter direction tells you which one is bad. The circuitry is super simple. One fuse (not 5 fuses seen in the A6000), No capacitors or parallel circuits.

The circuit design and transformer design allows for stable topography and increase current through the tubes from 6 watt to 7.5 watts without predicted increase in tube wear.

Like the L10,000 and the ZL cable line, these amps were recommended by David Beetles, not in hopes to sell anything, but to enlighten me to what they offer. He is very passionate about all things audio and an excellent consultant. I am very pleased with the move over the last year.

These amps are highly recommended and I will post pictures with further follow up as they burn in.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

I added a ZL-5000 power cable to my T-1500 mk2 amp today. Significant improvement. I had tried a Niagara 1000 power conditioner the other week and while I saw a slight improvement it was not worth keeping due to its large size in my small space. Adding this single Allnic ZL-5000 power cable to my amp is a bigger improvement for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Vortex, That is interesting how the cable did more to quiet your system than the power conditioner. My results were similar. I did install a Torus 75 amp wall mount isolation transformer (non-balanced) and that had the best results. This provided clean power but I also had significant RF radiation from three sources: Dimmer switches, LED lighting and a bad switch power supply in my office, ironically from my audio-computer. Dimmer Switches anywhere in the house affected the sound of my system. The audio computer was taken out of my system. From the Torus are four devoted circuits, each with equal length, guage and type of cabling, feeding independently each monoblock amplifier, preamp and digital - the RF radiation remained a very real issue. The ZL series Mu-metal shielding used in the cabling has proven the only effective cable to date to silence my system.

I ended up buying an entire loom. However, ran out of funds to purchase speaker wire. The more power cords I used the quieter my system became. For anyone interested, I may have an extra 3 meter ZL5000 power cable to loan for trial in the coming weeks. PM me if interested, these cables for me finally allowed me to attain what I have been looking for all these years. These cables are wonderful on all fronts. I am not interested in selling it. Albert Porter or David Beetles are the two point of sale that I know about. If there are other dealers, I would like to know about them.

Post Thanks / Like

Not only did the system get quieter with the power cable but the bass is more taut and textured. Sense of space is better. I'm also hearing micro details that I've never heard before on well known albums, even when previously played with higher priced components in former systems. Overall, one of the better upgrades I have done $ for $. I will likely be adding another ZL-5000 power cable to my phono pre. I already have the ZL-3000 speaker cables and the RCA interconnect. I purchase all my Allnic gear through Albert and service is always top notch, highly recommended.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3