Timbernation Racks - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Timbernation Racks

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophilehi View Post
    There is no doubt that Timbernation racks are absolutely gorgeous and very high on my list for a new rack but how are they when it comes to isolation and vibration control?

My other rack of interest is Adona. Looking to keep it around $2,000 if possible but we know how budget comes and goes.
    I have no experience with Timbernation but do have 12-13 years ownership experience with many Adona racks.

Also check out EdenSound's custom-built racks...

There are many other fine contenders
    Legacy Audio CalibreXD custom, dual Legacy Foundation Subs with Legacy Wavelet, Esoteric P-02, D-02, Legacy Powerbloc2, Cybershaft Premium Limited OP21 10 mHz Clock, SHUNYATA TRITON v3 & TYPHON QR, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 & EP2750, CH Copper Busbar Main & GE Sub-panel, 20-amp dedicated circuits, Dual 10’ Ground Rods, CADWELD bonding, Avatar Acoustics AfterBurner8 duplexes (5), Elrod MASTER SERIES Statement Gold Powercords (4), Elrod Statement Gold Powercords (2), Elrod Statement Silver Powercords (1), Elrod Statement Gold XLR (2 pair), Shunyata SIGMA AES/EBU 110ohm (2), Shunyata SIGMA CLOCK-50 (3), Shunyata SIGMA XLR, Shunyata Anaconda Zitron XLR, B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold custom speaker cables, Elrod MASTERS SERIES SG JUMPERS (4), Adona AV45CS4, AV45, Composite Audio CF-2010, HRS DPX Damping Plates (11), Stillpoints UltraSS w/Ultra Bases

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    I also have one of these Timbernation Racks, thick maple and solid and heavy which sets on my solid concrete floor.. MY TT sets on top of its 2" solid maple top. I can lay a Seismometer app contained on my iphone, with its sensitivity set to high on my TT and I can JUMP all 250 lbs of me on the floor next to the rack and the needle doesn't move. I call that pretty darn isolated and free of the impact of vibrations.
    Hi Chris....when you put it that way I would have to agree with you. Thanks!
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Preamp: PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Bryston BDA-3 Music Server: ​Aurender N100H
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Eclipse 7 (I) Wireworld Eclipse 6 and 7 Biwired (S) Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB) AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
    I have no experience with Timbernation but do have 12-13 years ownership experience with many Adona racks.

Also check out EdenSound's custom-built racks...

There are many other fine contenders
    Thanks Mark!
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Preamp: PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Bryston BDA-3 Music Server: ​Aurender N100H
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Eclipse 7 (I) Wireworld Eclipse 6 and 7 Biwired (S) Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB) AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophilehi View Post
    Hi Chris....when you put it that way I would have to agree with you. Thanks!
    Of course the wife thought I was nuts, like what the hell are you doing jumping on the floor, have you lost you're mind. Well I responded, hey its an Audiophile experiment. She said stop it, you're going to crack the tile.
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32 mk11, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Of course the wife thought I was nuts, like what the hell are you doing jumping on the floor, have you lost you're mind. Well I responded, hey its an Audiophile experiment. She said stop it, you're going to crack the tile.
    Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2