Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Lumin supports Audirvana Plus

In case there is anyone who uses Audirvana Plus, a beta firmware is available for Lumin to support its UPnP operation (and contains a fix for JRiver support as well). Gapless playback and DSD are supported.

Anyone who would like to try this beta please let me know and state your Lumin model. Thank you.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Re: Lumin supports Audirvana Plus

The value of Audirvana Plus is that we can now use its iZotope or SoX upsampling for PCM to DSD512 upsampling for Lumin X1 (or DSD128/64 for other models).

Roon can also upsample music to DSD512 for Lumin X1, but it is much more expensive and has less configurable upsampling parameters.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Peter, Has your crew tried running the Windows version of Audirvana for Windows?

No, but a Lumin X1 user successfully used Audirvana Windows to upsample to DSD512 to his X1 for experimentation.

(Initially he encountered a possible Audirvana Windows bug that is fixed in a later version. It prevented the selection of DSD512 in the Audirvana GUI.)
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I now have another beta firmware that improves Lumin support for Audirvana. In case anyone is interested in it, please let me know your Lumin model.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Good to hear. I emailed them several times about UPnP not working on my D2 but never heard back. Just tried to re-download their app but my Audiravana trial is over - tried an alternate email also. Been waiting for them to update 3.5. When would you expect the Lumin firmware to be out of beta?

If everything is solved it would be worth buying Audirvana as I would use it from Mac desktop. Linn Kazoo does the job (barely) for now.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Hi Peter, I previously bought the version after trial period but haven't use for long time. The version of Audirvana Plus I am using couldn't connect to Lumin D2, my mac is connected to network and I am able to choose the file folders but i cannot find Lumin D2 device under the Audio Output. May I know how to resolve it?

Audirvana version 3.1 or later should see Lumin as a UPnP device.

If not, please disable firewall, reboot your Mac and power cycle the Lumin.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I checked my version is only 2.6xxx, somehow it won’t let me do the upgrade to a higher version. Very strange..I have try to reach Audirvana for help but no luck.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lumin supports Audirvana Plus