Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Cybershaft 10Mhz Master Clocks available (now with 50-ohm and 75-Ohm output

CYBERSHAFT now has high-quality OCXO modules of different levels again AND 3 new products;
    Newly announced Cybershaft Platimum (single output 50-ohn or 75-ohm);

http://www.cybershaft.jp/a-products/ultimate1.html

or

Cybershaft Limited2 (3 output 50-ohm or 75-ohm, selectable for each!);

http://www.cybershaft.jp/a-products/limited2.html

Can be ordered in levels OP14 up to OP20 (the higher levels are likely to be rare so best order soon!).

Kenji's been VERY busy and the phase noise and jitter specs on the higher end units are off the charts!

Brand new today (19-November-2018)
    New announced (today) audiophile-grade Clock Distributor (up to 3 outputs);
    http://www.cybershaft.jp/a-products/clockdist01.html

*Note the addition of 50-ohm or 75-ohm as output on each individual BNC output on all of the above!

The cost these units versus the big gun offerings at much higher prices will amaze you. I'm on my 3rd one
    (upgrading all the way) for very good reason.

No affiliation/commercial relationship with this company, just a very happy owner!
    Legacy Audio Valor+Wavelet v2, Esoteric S-02 Amps HDPlex 300W, RevAudio Labs DC Umbilical, Esoteric Grandioso P1, P1PSU & dual D1 DACs, Cybershaft Prem Ltd OP21A 10 MHz Clock, Esoteric C-02X, Shunyata Everest 8000 & Altaira SG-NR hubs, Sigma SGC/CGC ground cables, VTX-Ag ground tails, AfterBurner8 duplexes, CSP Inc Q4B, S2B IEC plates, Shunyata Omega CLOCK-50 cables, Tubulus Concentus HDMI, Elrod Master Series Diamond SE & Masters Series Gold Power cords and Statement Gold XLRs, Diamond XLRs & Master Series Diamond XLRs, Shunyata OMEGA QR-s power cable, Anaconda Z-tron XLR, Elrod Statement Gold speaker cables, Adona Zero GX3, GX2, GX racks, Composite Audio CF-2010, Townshend Audio Podiums, HRS DPX Damping Plates, Stillpoints Ultra SS w/Ultra Bases, pArtScience 64-well, 2D QRD 3-inch SpaceArray Diffusors

Travel/Rip: Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2023 M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, REW Audio Analyzer, dbPowerAmp, DVD Audio Extractor

Re: Cybershaft 10Mhz Master Clocks available (now with 50-ohm and 75-Ohm output

I've reached out to him twice previously via his web form contact but both went unanswered.

I'm contemplating replacing G-02X with a L2.

Mark, Are you available for consultation? Craig
    Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, ClearAudio Performance SE, Satisfy Arm & Maestro Wood MM Cartridge
    Power: 3 x 20 Amp Lines, Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Shunyata Sigma v2 NR, Block Audio Power Cords, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
    Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - Alpha CGS cables
    Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon Modified) Buffalo GS2016 Switches powered with Keces P3 LPSU,
    Cables: Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 SCs, 1M & 6M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
    Other: Isoacoustics GAIA I footers on the Kharmas, GIK/Vicoustics/Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Ultra SS, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack

Quote Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
    Mark, Are you available for consultation? Craig
    Happy to talk audio any time! You have a PM with my phone# waiting
    Legacy Audio Valor+Wavelet v2, Esoteric S-02 Amps HDPlex 300W, RevAudio Labs DC Umbilical, Esoteric Grandioso P1, P1PSU & dual D1 DACs, Cybershaft Prem Ltd OP21A 10 MHz Clock, Esoteric C-02X, Shunyata Everest 8000 & Altaira SG-NR hubs, Sigma SGC/CGC ground cables, VTX-Ag ground tails, AfterBurner8 duplexes, CSP Inc Q4B, S2B IEC plates, Shunyata Omega CLOCK-50 cables, Tubulus Concentus HDMI, Elrod Master Series Diamond SE & Masters Series Gold Power cords and Statement Gold XLRs, Diamond XLRs & Master Series Diamond XLRs, Shunyata OMEGA QR-s power cable, Anaconda Z-tron XLR, Elrod Statement Gold speaker cables, Adona Zero GX3, GX2, GX racks, Composite Audio CF-2010, Townshend Audio Podiums, HRS DPX Damping Plates, Stillpoints Ultra SS w/Ultra Bases, pArtScience 64-well, 2D QRD 3-inch SpaceArray Diffusors

Travel/Rip: Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2023 M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, REW Audio Analyzer, dbPowerAmp, DVD Audio Extractor

Still no reply from Cybershaft. 3 webform contacts now, no response (other than a system generated reply).

Cybershaft is a small company with the principal, Kenji Hasegawa doing most tasks. It is worth being persistent. I couldn’t be happier with my Cybershaft OP 17 clock.

If you have had no exposure to the Japanese culture, soft/gentle/polite persistence should be rewarded. I might suggest you mention Bob, SCAudiophile in your message to Hasegawa-San.

Craig
    Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, ClearAudio Performance SE, Satisfy Arm & Maestro Wood MM Cartridge
    Power: 3 x 20 Amp Lines, Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Shunyata Sigma v2 NR, Block Audio Power Cords, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
    Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon Modified) Buffalo GS2016 Switches powered with Keces P3 LPSU,
    Cables: Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 SCs, 1M & 6M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
    Other: Isoacoustics GAIA I footers on the Kharmas, GIK/Vicoustics/Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Ultra SS, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack

3 attempts over 6 months or so, the effort required should not be more than that.

I just had a simple question. What OP level would be similar performance to Esoteric G1.

Sorry. My experience was great.

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    3 attempts over 6 months or so, the effort required should not be more than that.

I just had a simple question. What OP level would be similar performance to Esoteric G1.
    I believe I have mentioned here but am sure I've mentioned on other forums where many here participate that the web form is for
    some reason not working or at least not reliable in my experience. Please send to this email address and mention Craig (Crwilli)
    and Mark (SCAudiophile).

hasagawa@cybershaft.jp
    and as a backup cc:
    cybershaft777@yahoo.co.jp

Others who had needed help have PM'ed me direct and I get on the phone or email directly and get them in contact one
    way or the other.

The answer to your question (IMHO, you should still ask Kenji) is that with an OP17 and certainly above that, you will equal the
    measured performance of the G1 for a fraction of the price.

Can a single output Cybershaft sync P1 + D1? I'm thinking connect clock to P1, connect P1 clock out to D1, and it will sync with the other D1 via ESLINK.

Can a single output Cybershaft sync P1 + D1? I'm thinking connect clock to P1, connect P1 clock out to D1, and it will sync with the other D1 via ESLINK.
    Yes, that is how I have my D02 and P02 daisy-chained for some time now however I go from Cybershaft into D02 then out to P01. I plan on going to D1's later this year and will go clock->D1->D1->P02 and later P1 when I upgrade that. On advice from both Kenji at Cybershaft and Caelin at Shunyata (I'm using their SIGMA CLOCK50 BNC cables) I use proper 50-ohm terminators and Tee connectors.

If you want D1 and P1 you'd better be quick, Esoteric aren't building them any more. The only ones available are dealer stock, and very few dealers will keep a Grandioso in stock.

If you want D1 and P1 you'd better be quick, Esoteric aren't building them any more. The only ones available are dealer stock, and very few dealers will keep a Grandioso in stock.
    Good point,...my D1s are on layaway and already set aside for final purchase later this year. As for the P1 when it's time I'll gladly pick up a dealer demo. The X series are potentially compelling but I already love what I hear with the existing Grandioso P1/D1 combo (and C1 pre-amp) so that will frankly be 'top of the world heap' enough for me to be happy for the next 5-10 years. The X probably won't hit the street in the US until much later into 2019 and the price is likely to be a big jump here in the US so frankly the P1/D1 are what I'm looking for.

BTW...if you still want some help getting in touch with Cybershaft, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send him a note and make an intro as I did with Craig and others.

My dealer has quoted me on both P1 and P1X. P1 for immediate delivery and P1X for February delivery. The price difference between the 2 is considerable (P1X is >50% more expensive than P1).

My dealer has quoted me on both P1 and P1X. P1 for immediate delivery and P1X for February delivery. The price difference between the 2 is considerable (P1X is >50% more expensive than P1).
    Where are you located? I had been told the P1X and D1X would not arrive in US until much later this year so I'm guessing that you live elsewhere (?)

The price difference (in US) is supposed to be a substantial amount above the current P1/D1 US pricing so probably out of reach for sure for me until these units start to hit
    the used market some years from now (or I decide to fly to Japan and go with grey market to get more realistic pricing as I have friends there that can help me if ever there
    were a warranty claim to be filed). I've always found Esoteric markup here in the US with the selling endpoint inflexibility with discount to be somewhat obscene, same with
    Accuphase. Other geographies get these products for much more reasonable (but still high and reflective of their quality) pricing and the dealers and distributors seem to do
    just fine; this is also a result of import pricing/duties/taxes here so it's really no one's fault per se.

What taxes on an Esoteric would be due on arrival in the US via private import?
    BTW Accuphase is a brand that has very sensible pricing in Australia.
    I have indirect access via dealer to Esoteric in Japan and I've been assured from Japan side late February/early March for 230V P1X/D1X. I'm likely to settle on P1 now and D1X later.

What taxes on an Esoteric would be due on arrival in the US via private import?
    BTW Accuphase is a brand that has very sensible pricing in Australia.
    I have indirect access via dealer to Esoteric in Japan and I've been assured from Japan side late February/early March for 230V P1X/D1X. I'm likely to settle on P1 now and D1X later.
    Not sure if it's taxes of some form or simply customs/import duties, etc...never got a 100% clear answer on the markup, only bits and pieces.

Best of luck in your upgrades...keen to hear how it goes for you!

How does one order a Cybershaft digital clock? The Cybershaft web site is entirely in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    How does one order a Cybershaft digital clock? The Cybershaft web site is entirely in Japanese.
    http://www.cybershaft.jp/overseas01.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    http://www.cybershaft.jp/overseas01.html

Yes...that's it. Additional notes;

- use Google Chrome, it will help translate the other parts of the site
    - they often get involved in build & test work and this can influence email response time since it's basically one many doing the most critical portions of the work
    - these email addresses work;
    hasegawa@cybershaft.jp
    *The Inquiry Form at the link above works too but I've always followed it up with an email just in case.

Right now there are lower to mid-price new units offered in the more accessible cost categories. I"m told there may be news soon of new models and high-end OCXO grades.

Quote Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
    Yes...that's it. Additional notes;

- use Google Chrome, it will help translate the other parts of the site
    - they often get involved in build & test work and this can influence email response time since it's basically one many doing the most critical portions of the work
    - these email addresses work;
    hasegawa@cybershaft.jp
    *The Inquiry Form at the link above works too but I've always followed it up with an email just in case.

Right now there are lower to mid-price new units offered in the more accessible cost categories. I"m told there may be news soon of new models and high-end OCXO grades.
    Thanks, Mark.

I didn't see any lower-spec models available, are they on a web page at the link provided?

Thanks,
    Stephen

I'm really wondering what a clock like CyberShaft will do to etherREGEN?

Anyone know a price range?
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

I'm really wondering what a clock like CyberShaft will do to etherREGEN?

Anyone know a price range?
    Depends on the specific Cybershaft clock.

It will take some thought before purchasing a Shunyata Clock Cable that could easily cost more then this switch.

Mark, What specs would you look at to make an educated guess on whether an external clock would be better than the internal clock in the EtherReGen?

It will take some thought before purchasing a Shunyata Clock Cable that could easily cost more then this switch.

Mark, What specs would you look at to make an educated guess on whether an external clock would be better than the internal clock in the EtherReGen?
    Good question!

Here is where I also start to get confused; a clock before a clock, more refinement or is one by passed?

Good question!

Here is where I also start to get confused; a clock before a clock, more refinement or is one by passed?

A clock before a clock, in series, could provide real benefits as it will reduce clock phase noise. Best would be to have a clock with multiple outputs that could connect to ER and a network bridge.

Yeah...

I'd probably initially go with a Ghent Audio JSSG cable until I could spring for an Alpha.

Yeah...

I'd probably initially go with a Ghent Audio JSSG cable until I could spring for an Alpha.
    I have a Ghent Audio JSSG DC umbilical and while nothing to do with a clock cable and I am very happy with Ghent's overall quality and build. They make fine cables.

The Shunyata Alpha's and Sigmas are on a whole other playing field however.

Thanks, Mark.

I didn't see any lower-spec models available, are they on a web page at the link provided?

Thanks,
    Stephen
    On the home page (using Google Chrome for translation) the new models Platinum2, Soul2 and Espirit are listed on the left hand side. Click on those.

If I heard correctly there may also be some new product introduction very soon but watch the website for anything new that is offered.

Quote Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
    I have a Ghent Audio JSSG DC umbilical and while nothing to do with a clock cable and I am very happy with Ghent's overall quality and build. They make fine cables.

The Shunyata Alpha's and Sigmas are on a whole other playing field however.
    I am sure they are. However, I'm on a fixed cash flow and have to manage my discretionary spend; my next priority for cables are 2 more pair of Venom ICs so I can replace the AQ Colorado and Columbia.

I am sure they are. However, I'm on a fixed cash flow and have to manage my discretionary spend; my next priority for cables are 2 more pair of Venom ICs so I can replace the AQ Colorado and Columbia.
    So do we all....the Ghent Audio cables are great and the DC umbilical rivals a 2x price DC umbilical that I've had a while and thought nothing could equal it. Can imagine the clock cables are equally impressive!

NEW PRODUCT JUST ANNOUNCED TODAY:
    Cybershaft 10 M clocks : UPOCXO-OP20A/OP21A
    http://www.cybershaft.jp/a-products/op20a.html

Looks like the bar just got raised again.

Pricey. OP21A is about half the price of the Grandioso G1?

Pricey. OP21A is about half the price of the Grandioso G1?
    I do not think you mathematics are correct on this;

Grandioso G1 Price (2019 USA): $26,000 (More in AUS/other parts of the world I think)

OP21A level new Cybershaft clock: 743,700 JPY in USD, $6827 (OANDA FX as of a few minutes ago)

Definitely not 1/2 the price of the G1 even with FX variation.

Question is,...how is the performance of one versus the other?

Grandioso G1 price in USA ($26,000 + tax) is far more expensive that AUS price ($19,269 incl tax).

Grandioso G1 price in USA ($26,000 + tax) is far more expensive that AUS price ($19,269 incl tax).
    Good to know thanks....had heard from a friend who bought D1s that they were more in Oz but I could have heard incorrectly.

So you are correct for AUS$ which is not as favorable against the JPY, it's about 50% of the AUS$ price of the G1.

I haven't heard this unit and did not hear about it factually until late last night,...I'm dying to know how it stacks up and performs
    but if it is at least as good (and probably better) than my current OP21, in side by side, it will definitely win the comparison here (all FWIW, IMHO).

Dealers in AUS sell used G1 for $13,757 incl tax, and you can usually get another 10% knocked off that price.

Dealers in AUS sell used G1 for $13,757 incl tax, and you can usually get another 10% knocked off that price.
    Good to know...if anyone would prefer a used G1 against a new G1 or a new Cybershaft OP20A or OP21A, that's a great way for them to save some money.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Cybershaft 10Mhz Master Clocks available (now with 50-ohm and 75-Ohm output