Cataract Surgery - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cataract Surgery

I have incredibly bad eyes and that the only way I can fix mine. Iíve heard the new lenses on last 20 years or so. Iím too young for that, so I had to pass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 28b3s, Bryston 4b3, Bryston 9bsst2
    Digital: Aurender N10, Esoteric Grandioso K1, Cybershaft OP12 Clock
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c, Kef Ci200RR-THX (surround/back)
    Subs: Two JL Audio F212v2
    Power: PS Audio PS10, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS
    Video: Oppo 203, LG 65inch OLED
    -Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

The lens implants last indefinitely Kyle.
    Rance

Synology DS411+II, Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, Lumin S1, ARC REF 6 preamp, ARC REFERENCE 160M amps, JBL 4367/Isoacoustics Gaia I, SVS PC-4000 subs x 2, Shunyata 6000T, Luminous Audio Technology cabling and power, Solid Tech racks, Vicoustics room treatments, ASC Iso-wall/Iso-ceiling construction

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rrwmd View Post
    The lens implants last indefinitely Kyle.
    I heard the can cloud after 20 years or so

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 28b3s, Bryston 4b3, Bryston 9bsst2
    Digital: Aurender N10, Esoteric Grandioso K1, Cybershaft OP12 Clock
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c, Kef Ci200RR-THX (surround/back)
    Subs: Two JL Audio F212v2
    Power: PS Audio PS10, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS
    Video: Oppo 203, LG 65inch OLED
    -Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

Well the first eye is done had my post op appt yesterday, with some swelling still there which it should, my right eye now is 20/25 and it will only get better. The blues, reds, golds whites ,oranges and yellows are so vivid. The surgery with laser only took 14 min. Once the other eye is done on the 20th it should be a whole new world of color and clarity .
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

5. Likes Nikhil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Well the first eye is done had my post op appt yesterday, with some swelling still there which it should, my right eye now is 20/25 and it will only get better. The blues, reds, golds whites ,oranges and yellows are so vivid. The surgery with laser only took 14 min. Once the other eye is done on the 20th it should be a whole new world of color and clarity .
    I'm glad it's working out for you Chris!
    Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, laptop music server running JRiver 20, Mytek Stereo 192 DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, NOLA KO speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and a pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Chris. Did they say what the recovery time should normally be? Was forever when I had mine done. Did the remove the cataract with a laser or lens replacement? Mine was a lens replacement. Never felt the stitches with my first eye but they drove me bonkers with the second eye.
    George

Aavik U300 - Raidho D3.1's in Walnut burl with black trim - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic man! Good luck with #2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Did you say you were color bind and can now see color?
    Glad it went well. My mom and father in law have them. lots of people I know have them. They work great. So its sounds like you opted to get the vision corrected as well as clear out the cataract.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp, Altec Lansing 1570B modded by Transition Audio Design and myself, Mojo Audio CAT Server running Win Server 2016 AO HQ and Roon, Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC, Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Custom TT with Vertere Arm, Denon 103R Midas with sapphire cantilever line contact diamond, Allnic H1201 phono pre, Pure Audio Project Trio 10 with performance Solen air core chokes and Mundord Supreme oil caps, Power via 10 awg OFC cord from panel to custom distribution strip, Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Congrats Chris. Did they say what the recovery time should normally be? Was forever when I had mine done. Did the remove the cataract with a laser or lens replacement? Mine was a lens replacement. Never felt the stitches with my first eye but they drove me bonkers with the second eye.
    recovery time depends on the age, your eye condition before surgery. I was told for one eye it could take weeks for recovery as long as you follow the recovery guidelines and are maintaining the drops until they run out for the operative eye. . My intraocular lens was flexible and required NO stiches.
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    Did you say you were color bind and can now see color?
    Glad it went well. My mom and father in law have them. lots of people I know have them. They work great. So its sounds like you opted to get the vision corrected as well as clear out the cataract.
    Rex, I could always see, blue, yellow oranges, my color blindness is a very light red and light brown/green when they are close together. Nothing will fix that but I have a better chance of seeing those color by themselves now as they now are more vivid. .That cataract is basically a yellowish, brownish creamy color that impacts the colors and detail you see. The doc told me its like looking through a par of brownish tinted sunglasses. Even during the surgery after the laser did its work and since you are awake and told to stare at the center of this laser, I could tell when the cataract was broken up things got clear. OF course your eye is held wide open with some medieval contraption, but after the doc using some little sucker removed the pieces of the old cataract and install and did a unfold of the new lens, I could see the clock in the room and white is really white..

A little video kinda shows the procedure, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Txm5Bf89E
    Chris

12. Likes Mr Peabody liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast