PS Audio Direcstream DAC and Snowmass Update - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PS Audio Direcstream DAC and Snowmass Update

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    There is a plug-in board the Bridge II for streaming.
    Skanda,

Currently, the DS DAC cannot do streaming directly. Here are the options...

1. Install the network "Bridge II" card. Via an Ethernet connection and your home network, you can stream directly to the DS. I use Roon (it is a Roon endpoint), but JRiver or any other streaming software should be able to work.

2. Attach a computer or other dedicated streamer directly via USB (or other connection if available).

Now, PS Audio is in the development of a "Bridge III" that will have the streaming software built-in. That way via wireless connection and an app on your phone or tablet the DS DAC is its own streamer and DAC. Not sure when this will be released. Last I heard this may take awhile.
    Kevin

Home
    : VPI Aries 3/Lyra Skala/RSA XR10B, PS Audio DS DAC (networked using Roon) > PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium preamp and HP mono amps > Sonus Faber Elipsa SE's. PS Audio P5 and P10. Transparent Audio, Cardas and Audioquest cables.
    Work: Windows Laptop (Roon) > W4S 2v2SE LE > PrimaLuna Dialogue HP integrated > Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento's and Sennheiser HD800S headphones. Shunyata Hydra. Cardas cables.

2. Likes Skanda, rszk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Although the PS Audio DSD may not be a Ferrari, it is certainly no Fiat. My previous 2 CD players were a Meridian 808.2 and most recently, a AMR CD 77.1. The DSD is just better than either IMHO. Did plenty of a/b listening to arrive at this conclusion. The DSD is more musical, bigger sound stage, more natural. Kudos to Paul and Ted for using a programmable FGA. Brilliant idea.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2, Pass Labs XA25.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a brand new Direct Stream dac today latest snow mass firmware installed. I’ve read a lot about this dac everyone who hears it has nothing but positive things to say . Let me say I was not expecting such a improvement in detail , sound stage, yet while still maintaining musicality. Sometimes with a lot of detail there is sacrifice in warmth and vice versa but I’m loving what I hear and what I am hearing is bringing nuances I never noticed before , this is a excellent dac. What is also amazing is that the performance of this dac is shocking for roughly $4000. Instead of having a fixed dac on a chip , this dac uses fpga -field programable gate array hardware which allows the dac to be customized with software which ps audio does for free atleast once a year. How great is that a dac that stays up on the latest technology! You can install a network card which gives you full MQA , something not available 5 years ago when the dac first was introduced. Snow mass just came out a few months ago. Another cool thing about this dac is it is native DSD , hence the direct stream used in the name. You can read more about it , I highly recommend this DAC. Listening to vocals of Nora Jones, Stevie Nicks for example playing Redbook sounds like a SACD. I am just amazed at the sound stage, I finally get what Dan’s means in his reviews when he say more air between the instruments as I never experienced it in my system. My source took a step backward but I’m not noticing it, it’s a 2012 Mac mini running Roon as a core streaming tidal and playing music from the hd I have to say tidal sounds better. I will report back after I listen to qobuz. I played some Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Aerosmith, just fabulous. Like I said this dac is winner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1kw View Post
    i have a brand new Direct Stream dac today latest snow mass firmware installed. Iíve read a lot about this dac everyone who hears it has nothing but positive things to say . Let me say I was not expecting such a improvement in detail , sound stage, yet while still maintaining musicality. Sometimes with a lot of detail there is sacrifice in warmth and vice versa but Iím loving what I hear and what I am hearing is bringing nuances I never noticed before , this is a excellent dac. What is also amazing is that the performance of this dac is shocking for roughly $4000. Instead of having a fixed dac on a chip , this dac uses fpga -field programable gate array hardware which allows the dac to be customized with software which ps audio does for free atleast once a year. How great is that a dac that stays up on the latest technology! You can install a network card which gives you full MQA , something not available 5 years ago when the dac first was introduced. Snow mass just came out a few months ago. Another cool thing about this dac is it is native DSD , hence the direct stream used in the name. You can read more about it , I highly recommend this DAC. Listening to vocals of Nora Jones, Stevie Nicks for example playing Redbook sounds like a SACD. I am just amazed at the sound stage, I finally get what Danís means in his reviews when he say more air between the instruments as I never experienced it in my system. My source took a step backward but Iím not noticing it, itís a 2012 Mac mini running Roon as a core streaming tidal and playing music from the hd I have to say tidal sounds better. I will report back after I listen to qobuz. I played some Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Aerosmith, just fabulous. Like I said this dac is winner.
    Thereís nothing wrong with the PD D/S - happy to hear your enjoying it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3 & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for the Gigafoil v4, modem, routers and switches.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpointís Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: DíAgostino Pre-Amplifier to DíAgostino Momentum Monoís driving Wilson Alexiaís
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the DS Sr., it will only get better with time.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1 , Reynaud Abscissa Jubilee, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's, Triode Wire Labs SC & PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Congrats on the DS Sr., it will only get better with time.
    Have had mine for over two years. Wonderful DAC not sure what I would do without it!
    MAIN SYSTEM - Mark Levinson 585, PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, Lumin U1 Network Transport, Lumin L1 5TB NAS, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Keces P8 Linear Power Supply, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, AcousticZen Matrix Reference XLR Interconnects, Wireworld Platinum Starlight AES/EBU Cable, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer, Aurender S10, Sonictransporter i5 running Roon Rock, AccuBasston P12 Linear Power Supply, Oppo BDP-103 SACD Player, KEF LS50 Speakers, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables, ZuMission, and WAudio Power Cords

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a brand new Direct Stream dac today latest snow mass firmware installed. I’ve read a lot about this dac everyone who hears it has nothing but positive things to say . Let me say I was not expecting such a improvement in detail , sound stage, yet while still maintaining musicality. Sometimes with a lot of detail there is sacrifice in warmth and vice versa but I’m loving what I hear and what I am hearing is bringing nuances I never noticed before , this is a excellent dac. What is also amazing is that the performance of this dac is shocking for roughly $4000. Instead of having a fixed dac on a chip , this dac uses fpga -field programable gate array hardware which allows the dac to be customized with software which ps audio does for free atleast once a year. How great is that a dac that stays up on the latest technology! You can install a network card which gives you full MQA , something not available 5 years ago when the dac first was introduced. Snow mass just came out a few months ago. Another cool thing about this dac is it is native DSD , hence the direct stream used in the name. You can read more about it , I highly recommend this DAC. Listening to vocals of Nora Jones, Stevie Nicks for example playing Redbook sounds like a SACD. I am just amazed at the sound stage, I finally get what Dan’s means in his reviews when he say more air between the instruments as I never experienced it in my system. My source took a step backward but I’m not noticing it, it’s a 2012 Mac mini running Roon as a core streaming tidal and playing music from the hd I have to say tidal sounds better. I will report back after I listen to qobuz. I played some Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Aerosmith, just fabulous. Like I said this dac is winner.
    Congrats! It just gets better and better. Glad you figured out the Roon stuff as well.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

..What is also amazing is that the performance of this dac is shocking for roughly $4000..
    And even more shocking for those who paid $6K for theirs just prior to the Snowmass promotional sale. You got a great buy, and will probably get your money back come the time to trade it in on something else PS Audio.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3