Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

MSB Renderer Input Module!

I just completed my first firmware update for the Select DAC. Now I can adjust the analog volume control in the DAC through Roon on my IPad!!! I can basically put away my remote control now. Only need it now to power on or off as I’ve dialed in all the settings.

This is the first of forty updates that will now be automatically coming through to the Renderer card. I can’t wait to see what else is planned. The sound quality through the Renderer module is simply stunning. You honestly don’t need anything else. Bravo MSB, you are amazing!

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Audioshark

Re: MSB Renderer Input Module!

I was busy getting everyone updated today. You did great Ken! Enjoy.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I was busy getting everyone updated today. You did great Ken! Enjoy.
    Mike sent me videos on how to do this initial update. His service and expertise are second to none. A big thank you, Mike!

Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Ken

It is funny you posted this today. Just a couple of hours ago I sent a request to dCS to ask for them to update their interface with Roon to allow the Vivaldi remote to control the play/pause, forward/back functions. I find it a real pain to have to use the iPad or laptop Roon app to pause perform any of the functions I mentioned. It is much easier to just tap the remote sitting next to me than it is to pick up the iPad or laptop. When I had the Rossini these capabilities were available. I hope they add my request to their roadmap.

Just the different ways we all interface with our gear and what we are used to.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    Ken

It is funny you posted this today. Just a couple of hours ago I sent a request to dCS to ask for them to update their interface with Roon to allow the Vivaldi remote to control the play/pause, forward/back functions. I find it a real pain to have to use the iPad or laptop Roon app to pause perform any of the functions I mentioned. It is much easier to just tap the remote sitting next to me than it is to pick up the iPad or laptop. When I had the Rossini these capabilities were available. I hope they add my request to their roadmap.

LMAO reading this....

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    Ken

Since I’m on the IPad anyway for my music selection, I find it convenient to be able to adjust the analog volume on the same device rather than going back and forth between two devices. The IPad sits next to me on a pillow and is easily cleaned if I get some oil on the glass from some potato chips.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Vivaldi!

Ken

I do not understand how a company like MSB does not already have, for the owners of the Render that are connected to the internet, a system like Lumin's. I looked at your website and the way to update is really complicated.
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    I do not understand how a company like MSB does not already have, for the owners of the Render that are connected to the internet, a system like Lumin's. I looked at your website and the way to update is really complicated.
    Download a file and play it. That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

He must be thinking dCS. Now their updates are a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    He must be thinking dCS. Now their updates are a disaster
    How are dCS updates a disaster? For the DAC I played a file in Roon. For the Upsampler I selected the update button in the app. Yes, I did have to hit update twice on the Upsampler, Piece of cake.

I guess it helps when I read the directions.
    Jim

Well if I did not understand the instructions of MSB, it was something like download the file, take it to iTunes and convert it into an audio file and now play it as if it were a song.
    If this is correct I prefer the Lumin system:
    "Is there a new update available"? Do you want to install it? yes / no
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Audioshark

Well if I did not understand the instructions of MSB, it was something like download the file, take it to iTunes and convert it into an audio file and now play it as if it were a song.
    If this is correct I prefer the Lumin system:
    "Is there a new update available"? Do you want to install it? yes / no
    That’s not correct. It’s a WAV file you download and play. That’s it.

After this update, the Roon Renderer modules are updated remotely now by MSB. No need to even click a thing. It happens automatically. How’s that for convenience?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That’s not correct. It’s a WAV file you download and play. That’s it.

After this update, the Roon Renderer modules are updated remotely now by MSB. No need to even click a thing. It happens automatically. How’s that for convenience?

That is definitely the benefit of a one box unit where the DAC, clock and upsampler are all contained in one unit along with the network interface.
    Jim

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

MSB Renderer Input Module!