Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

New Samsung Galaxy S9 on the way

I ordered a new Samsung Galaxy S9 phone in Coral Blue today. I also orderd two new Spigen Neo Hybrid cases, one in burgundy and one in gun metal gray. I plan to use the gold Spigen trim from the burgundy case in place of the gun metal trim on the black case. Should look good.

I should have the new Galaxy S9 by next Tuesday. I ordered it directly from Samsung using their trade-in program. They are crediting me $125.00 on my Galaxy S7, so the new Galaxy S9 price is $599.00. I must ship my S7 to Samsung in the same box they ship my new S9. AT&T wants $789.99 for the S9 and will only allow my S7 in trade if I sign a two year contract. Verizon wants $799.99 and will only allow my S7 in trade if I sign a two year contract. I am contract free and have been with AT&T for many years. No need to finance the S9 for two years just to get their meager refund.

I ordered the AT&T version of the Galaxy S9 direct from Samsung so all I have to do is swap my Sim card, transfer my apps and contacts with a USB cable, and move my 128GB micro SD card with my photos to the Galaxy S9's Sim card/Micro SD tray. It will be nice to have a new phone with the latest and greatest processor and features, plus the big screen compared to my Galaxy S7.

I considered waiting until March of next year when Samsung will release their new Galaxy S10. There is lots of speculation about the features, under screen fingerprint ID, and edge to edge screen without a notch. There is also plenty of speculation that the price will start at $1000.00 and go up depending on how much RAM you wish to pay for. No doubt Samsung will pack a slew of features in their Galaxy 10, especially since it is Samsung's 10th anniversary manufacturing phones. My thinking is there may be too much new technology in its first iteration. Most certainly the next generation Samsung phone beyond the Galaxy 10 will improve on and refine what the Galaxy 10 is introducing. My decision to purchase the Galaxy S9 centers on it being an updated, revised and improved version of the Samsung S8. The advanced features in the latest Galaxy S9 make it an extremely advanced phone with performance that sets a high standard.

I am excited to get the new Galaxy S9 in my hands, set it up, and begin to enjoy its latest features. This is an outstanding cellphone that should serve me well for another three years, perhaps more. My Galaxy S7 has been a jewel and after two and a half years of continuous use it still to operates flawlessly. I expect the same reliable service from my new Galaxy S9.

If interested, here is a short YouTube review of the Samsung Galaxy S9:

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Re: New Samsung Galaxy S9 on the way

Nice Dan. One day I will give a try again. For now have too much apple stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Nice Dan. One day I will give a try again. For now have too much apple stuff.
    Paul.......I understand. When tied into the Apple ecosystem with multiple devices and phone it becomes difficult to sever that bond. I stopped using an older Apple iMac G5 years ago, as well as an Apple Power Mac G5 with Cinema Display. I still use two iPad Air's, each dedicated primarily to running the Aurender Conductor app for my living room and Studio system music servers. I never found the iPhone interesting enough to buy into the closed Apple system. Even today with the newest Apple iPhone Xs, one is still stuck with the inability to customize the phone, display, icons, and many other aspects of operation that the Android operating system has perfected. I realize that using the different operating architectures that are iOS and Android is a personal choice, each with their plus and minus aspects. That's not a bad thing. Ultimately we all want a smartphone that allows us to work, play, and communicate in ways that are intuitive, comfortable to operate and carry, and most of all reliable. For me, the Android operating system has steadily matured into an incredibly rich OS. I have used a number of different Samsung Galaxy phones during the past eight years or so. Each one has improved on the previous model. The Galaxy S7 that I presently use is a remarkable cellphone that continues to impress me. I have full confidence the Galaxy S9 will do the same thing for years to come.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Right now I'm staying with my Apple 8 plus. Like the 6S before it and the 4s and the , well you get the picture. MAybe one day I'll jump ship. The only Apple stuff I have are my 2 Ipads and iphones and one MacMini that I haven't used in 5 years/. .
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Nice Jim, that will be my next phone. I am still using my Galaxy S5 as it still runs great after 3-4 years of use. I love the phone, replaceable battery and memory, water resistant. I like it better than my wife's i-phone 8. The only issue is the camera, as it has poor picture quality compared to newer phones..
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

The Samsung S9 is great phone Dan! You will be very happy with the S9.
    Hardware specs are second to none. My sisters have S9s and I was very impressed.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Right now I'm staying with my Apple 8 plus. Like the 6S before it and the 4s and the , well you get the picture. MAybe one day I'll jump ship. The only Apple stuff I have are my 2 Ipads and iphones and one MacMini that I haven't used in 5 years/. .
    Chris.......I recognize Apple is a superstar in the world and I am certainly not an Apple or iPhone hater. Several of my friends are iPhone users and have been for many years. They constantly encourage me to move to the iPhone, yet not one of them owns the new iPhone Xs or last year's X model. I ask why not, and price seems to be the main deterrent. $1000.00 to $1400.00 for a cellphone has exceeded their notion of a good value. I think so, too. Despite that, these friends still try to get me interested in the iPhone 8 and other models, constantly telling me how much better iOS is than Android. What amuses me is not one of them has owned an Android phone or tablet. They have no idea what they are talking about with respect to the latest Android phones. They are immersed in the Apple mindset with no room to even consider an alternative. I can't wait to show off my new Galaxy S9 to them.

For me, the Android operating system has steadily matured into an incredibly feature rich and versatile OS. Samsung's implementation of Android on their newest smartphones represents the very best available from any manufacturer. I have used a number of different Samsung Galaxy phones during the past eight years or so. Each one has improved on the previous model. The Galaxy S7 that I presently use is a remarkable cellphone that continues to impress me. I have full confidence the Galaxy S9 will raise the performance bar even higher. I expect the new Galaxy S9 to serve me for at least the next three years, perhaps longer. One thing is certain, with the ever increasing price points of premium smartphones, the Samsung S9 offers a remarkable value that delivers top shelf design, build, technology, and performance. I think my iPhone friends will be jealous.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Mechnutt View Post
    Nice Jim, that will be my next phone. I am still using my Galaxy S5 as it still runs great after 3-4 years of use. I love the phone, replaceable battery and memory, water resistant. I like it better than my wife's i-phone 8. The only issue is the camera, as it has poor picture quality compared to newer phones..
    Larry.......I owned a Galaxy S5, too. When I bought my Galaxy S7 I gave my S5 to a friend. He was using an older iPhone that had a cracked screen that he couldn't afford to get repaired. With a wife and three kids a new phone wasn't in his budget, so he was quite happy to get the Galaxy S5. Once he became used to the Android operating system he left the iPhone behind. Two and a half years later he is still using the Galaxy S5. I don't think he will return to an iPhone.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    The Samsung S9 is great phone Dan! You will be very happy with the S9.
    Hardware specs are second to none. My sisters have S9s and I was very impressed.
    Nikhil.......I am confident the Samsung Galaxy S9 will surpass my expectations. Glad to hear your sisters are pleased with their S9 smartphones. Beyond owning the latest Samsung hardware and software, I am looking forward to playing with and learning to use the new features, plus enjoying the new larger screen. I am excited to get this phone in my hands.
    Dan

Dan, congrats on the S9. I just bought one over a month ago. Great photo capabilties, so was my 8. I dropped my S8 too many times without a screensaver so the screen cracked etc. I did have a case on it. The motherboard is attached to the screen, or so I was told when I tried to get a new screen attached & was advised to use it until it stops & then update. Just a precautionary tale....

Quote Originally Posted by bzr View Post
    Dan, congrats on the S9. I just bought one over a month ago. Great photo capabilities, so was my 8. I dropped my S8 too many times without a screensaver so the screen cracked etc. I did have a case on it. The motherboard is attached to the screen, or so I was told when I tried to get a new screen attached & was advised to use it until it stops & then update. Just a precautionary tale....
    Kev.......Thanks. The Galaxy S9 is a popular smartphone. I haven't talked with anyone yet who isn't more than pleased with it. Two of the sales guys at AT&T's store had the S9 in their pockets and were more than willing to show them off to me. The last sales guy I spoke with was a bit disappointed I did not buy the S9 while speaking with him. I didn't want to tell him I could save nearly $200.00 buying the S9 online directly from Samsung with my S7 as a trade, and no two year contract required to get the trade-in offer.

I am sorry to hear about your S8 being damaged from drops, but I imagine you are quite satisfied with your new Galaxy S9. I intend to put the Spigen Neo Hybrid case on my S9 as soon as it comes out of the box. Knock on wood, but I never dropped my S7 in the two and a half years I've owned it. Hope I can maintain that track record with the new phone. My new Galaxy S9 is Coral Blue. What color did you choose?
    Dan

Just checked FedEx tracking and see that my Samsung Galaxy S9 will arrive Monday. That's a day earlier than the original delivery estimate. I am happy about that.

Both of my Spigen Neo Hybrid cases will arrive today via Amazon Prime.
    By the way, if you are shopping for a smartphone case, Amazon has excellent prices on the Spigen cases, typically about $15.00 less than the same case on Spigen's website, and two day delivery with Amazon Prime. Pretty good deal.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    Chris.......I recognize Apple is a superstar in the world and I am certainly not an Apple or iPhone hater. Several of my friends are iPhone users and have been for many years. They constantly encourage me to move to the iPhone, yet not one of them owns the new iPhone Xs or last year's X model. I ask why not, and price seems to be the main deterrent. $1000.00 to $1400.00 for a cellphone has exceeded their notion of a good value. I think so, too. Despite that, these friends still try to get me interested in the iPhone 8 and other models, constantly telling me how much better iOS is than Android. What amuses me is not one of them has owned an Android phone or tablet. They have no idea what they are talking about with respect to the latest Android phones. They are immersed in the Apple mindset with no room to even consider an alternative. I can't wait to show off my new Galaxy S9 to them.

For me, the Android operating system has steadily matured into an incredibly feature rich and versatile OS. Samsung's implementation of Android on their newest smartphones represents the very best available from any manufacturer. I have used a number of different Samsung Galaxy phones during the past eight years or so. Each one has improved on the previous model. The Galaxy S7 that I presently use is a remarkable cellphone that continues to impress me. I have full confidence the Galaxy S9 will raise the performance bar even higher. I expect the new Galaxy S9 to serve me for at least the next three years, perhaps longer. One thing is certain, with the ever increasing price points of premium smartphones, the Samsung S9 offers a remarkable value that delivers top shelf design, build, technology, and performance. I think my iPhone friends will be jealous.

My younger daughter has the Samsung and she likes it. Maybe one day I will try a Sammy,
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    My younger daughter has the Samsung and she likes it. Maybe one day I will try a Sammy,
    Chris.......Your iPhone 8 Plus is a great smartphone, and good looking, too. As long as it performs to your expectations it would be hard to justify abandoning it.

Dan

Chris.......Your iPhone 8 Plus is a great smartphone, and good looking, too. As long as it performs to your expectations it would be hard to justify abandoning it.

IT helps the old eyes thats for sure. But the Sammy would have done the same thing. But Apple kinda gets ya, with their trade in program. When I traded in my 6s I got $100 for a phone built in 2015. And with the 6s I traded in a 4s so if your phone is in good shape you do get some cash towards a new model when their trade in program in running. Like right now if I wanted to trade in my 8 plus with 64gb, I can get $350 towards a Xs or Xr. But when phones start getting up to that $1000 mark, I just might stop and hold what I got. One thing I like about the Sammy is the Expandable memory and sim card.

Apple lost me before they even began their deceitful operation of idling the performance of their phones. I have been a happy Samsung user now for 3 years or so. Sometimes stepping away and getting a new perspective sheds light on what you really have in your hand.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp. Audion Black Shadow 845 SET Monoblocks. Mojo Audio Deja Vu Server. Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC. Linear Solution Ethernet Switch. Gigafoil with LPS. STST Motus II TT with Vertere SG1 arm, Hana ML Cartridge, Allnic H1201 phono pre. Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Horn speakers with Mundord Supreme oil caps. Power via 10 awg Oyaide cable from panel to custom distribution strip feeding front end. Oyaide dedicated10 AWG branch circuits from panel to each amp. Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.
    Kingrexelectric.com Lyncole certified grounding specialist.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

That's a heck of a nice phone Dan.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    That's a heck of a nice phone Dan.
    Bob.......Thank you. I anticipate a long relationship with the Galaxy S9. It is so feature packed it takes a bit of time to become accustomed to what the phone is capabe of doing. Thank goodness for the smartphone tech gurus on YouTube. There are so many Tips & Tricks videos on YouTube for the Samsung Galaxy S9. They offer tremendous insight into how to take advantage of the astonishing S9 capabilities.

If you have some time, this YouTube video touches on nearly all of the Galaxy S9 features. This guy does an excellent job of demonstrating how to use this incredible smartphone.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    Apple lost me before they even began their deceitful operation of idling the performance of their phones. I have been a happy Samsung user now for 3 years or so. Sometimes stepping away and getting a new perspective sheds light on what you really have in your hand.
    Rex.......Yep, Apple's throttle-gate is an issue. They issue firmware updates that seemingly cause their batteries to run down faster, while at the same time software throttles back CPU performance. Apple's term is performance management as they like to call it. Supposedly CPU throttling is to help extend battery life and prevent the phone's CPU from overheating or experiencing an extreme battery drain that may cause the iPhone to unexpectedly shut down. Most iPhone users who have experienced issues with their battery suddenly failing to fully charge after a software update and discover their processor slowing down attribute it to Apple intentionally disrupting the performance of older iPhones in an attempt to push iPhone owners into shopping for their newest offerings. I don't have any experience with the iPhone so I can't offer any proof source, but it appears the story has legs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ature-off.html

Then there is this YouTube video that helps explain "performance management".

Dan

Hi Dan, Coral Blue here too What I learnt from the S8, is that for a mere $20 bucks a stick on screen saver could have saved my phone. In answer to your question about enjoying the 9, yes I am. I was an all out apple up until the iPhone 6. After owning that I decided to go to Android. Couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by bzr View Post
    Hi Dan, Coral Blue here too What I learnt from the S8, is that for a mere $20 bucks a stick on screen saver could have saved my phone. In answer to your question about enjoying the 9, yes I am. I was an all out apple up until the iPhone 6. After owning that I decided to go to Android. Couldn't be happier.
    Kev.......Cool, Coral Blue looks super. I held the Midnight Black model of the Galaxy S9 when I was at the AT&T store. It was just too much black for me. The Lilac Purple didn't do it for me, either. I think I'll be pleased with the Coral Blue. With the Spigen Neo Hybrid case on it there won't be much color showing anyway.

I have researched a few screen protectors online. The only one that strikes me as completely satisfactory is the WhiteStone Doom.

Dan

You know what's kind of funny about any of these smartphones. I use one and need it for business everyday. But, all I really do is talk on the phone email and text and take pictures. I can't think of any other feature that I actually need. I do have the phone backup my pictures contacts and notes to the cloud. That is useful for damage or loss of a phone.

So here's the big question, who actually needs any other features on the phone. And or what features do you like to use that they offer.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp. Audion Black Shadow 845 SET Monoblocks. Mojo Audio Deja Vu Server. Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC. Linear Solution Ethernet Switch. Gigafoil with LPS. STST Motus II TT with Vertere SG1 arm, Hana ML Cartridge, Allnic H1201 phono pre. Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Horn speakers with Mundord Supreme oil caps. Power via 10 awg Oyaide cable from panel to custom distribution strip feeding front end. Oyaide dedicated10 AWG branch circuits from panel to each amp. Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    You know what's kind of funny about any of these smartphones. I use one and need it for business everyday. But, all I really do is talk on the phone email and text and take pictures. I can't think of any other feature that I actually need. I do have the phone backup my pictures contacts and notes to the cloud. That is useful for damage or loss of a phone.

So here's the big question, who actually needs any other features on the phone. And or what features do you like to use that they offer.
    Kinda agree. i of course use the talk, text, and the camera comes in handle instead of getting out my DSLR, the contacts, quick searches when away from the house, my weather apps, my 1 of 3 db meters, and a few card games, oh and my calendar and my timer for when I cook out and the wine app , oh forgot another, the Maps for driving Sp much easier and updated regularly than the unit built into my car or truck.

Rex.......The competition to capture the interest of perspective smartphone customers is fierce. The features packed into these devices generate curiosity at the least, and in others a serious desire to own depending on the individual. Who's to say where the line must end on what a smartphone can provide a perspective owner. The manner we use our smartphones has no significance on how another individual may use their smartphone. Manufacturers will stuff every conceivable feature (hook) they can dream up to get customers to reach for their wallets.
    Dan

My two Spigen Neo Hybrid cases for my Samsung Galaxy S9 arrived. I purchased the burgundy with gold trim case and the black with gun metal trim case. Obviously I don't need two cases but I wanted the gold trim on the black case. It is not available from Spigen in that configuration so this is my work around to get what I want. Fortunately the Amazon prices were almost half that of the prices on the Spigen website. Buying two cases from Amazon was only a few dollars more than buying one case directly from Spigen, plus being an Amazon Prime member I got free two-day shipping.

This is a photo of the burgundy case and the black case in their stock configurations.

This is how the two Spigen cases look after swapping the trim between them.

The black Spigen Neo Hybrid case sporting the gold trim will be the case that gets installed on the new Galaxy S9 that arrives Monday. The burgundy case that now has the gun metal trim will become a spare I am unlikely to ever use.
    Dan

Bob.......Thank you. I anticipate a long relationship with the Galaxy S9. It is so feature packed it takes a bit of time to become accustomed to what the phone is capabe of doing. Thank goodness for the smartphone tech gurus on YouTube. There are so many Tips & Tricks videos on YouTube for the Samsung Galaxy S9. They offer tremendous insight into how to take advantage of the astonishing S9 capabilities.

If you have some time, this YouTube video touches on nearly all of the Galaxy S9 features. This guy does an excellent job of demonstrating how to use this incredible smartphone.

Dan, I didn't watch the full video but I checked most of the parts that had my interest on high captivation. I am already familiar with some of the features and menu system design as I use a Samsung Galaxy tablet. But this Galaxy S9 Android is way more sophisticated. It would take me years before I have enough time to explore its multitude of possibilities and adjustments. It's mind boggling and I don't know how young people today, like you, are able to master those super advanced Androids with processing power equal or even superior to many PCs and laptops.

When you said that you anticipate a long relationship with it, do you mean like kids today who always want to have the latest and most advanced...like every year?
    Me it would probably outlast my own physical carcass, or till the battery completely run out of juice, whichever would come first. ...Most likely my own battery, my heart.

* The part of a phone (Android, iPhone) that uses the most juice from a battery is an OLED screen display.
    ¤ http://www.iphonehacks.com/2018/11/b...tery-life.html
    Last edited by NorthStar; November 4, 2018 at 06:22 PM. Reason: space
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Dan, I don't know how young people today, like you, are able to master those super advanced Androids
    Bob.......Thanks for the laugh. Being over 70 years old it has been decades since I considered myself young, but reading your comment gave me a good chuckle.

The new Samsung Galaxy S9 is definitely packed chocked full of user features. Generally speaking though, once the initial setup is accomplished to ones satisfaction the depth of features become something to play with, not necessarily something one has to deal with on a daily bases to get the most out of the smartphone's performance. A lot of the tweaking of operational features centers on personal preferences and desired display appearances. The possibilities are extensive but don't require constant attention. Like I commented above, competition to capture the interest of perspective smartphone customers is fierce. The features packed into these devices generate curiosity at the least, and for others it inspires a strong desire to own the latest and greatest smartphone.

I do not swap phones annually with each new model. Generally I own a smartphone for two to three years before technology has improved to the point where a new smartphone captures my interest. Quite frankly, there is nothing wrong with my Galaxy S7 that I have had for two and a half years. It is running the latest version of the Android operating system and its processor is quick. The battery remains strong and the physical condition of the phone is like new. My primary reason for wanting the latest Samsung Galaxy S9 is the larger screen, the improved camera, and the latest processor. Enjoying these features will quell my desire for a new phone for at least the next two or three years. Tomorrow is delivery day.

Dan

https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/galaxy-s9/spec/

- Dual aperture lens (camera): 12.0 MP
    - Dual edge Super AMOLED (screen)
    - 5.8" diagonal (screen)
    - CPU Speed: 2.8GHz, 1.7GHz (processor): Octa-core
    - Resolution (Main Display): 2960 x 1440 (Quad HD+)
    - RAM: 4GB
    - External Memory Support: MicroSD (Up to 400GB)
    - USB 3.1
    - Battery: 3000 mAh

https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/galaxy-s9/

This Android is very powerful, ultra high definition screen, super advanced camera and video ...
    It's a Swiss knife for travelling and sharing your entire life with voice, with people in direct, with the best pictures, a guide for routes and destinations, a library, a music player, a portable home theater, ... a dream coming through tomorrow.

What else is there in life to desire more? ...Four wheels and a set of wings, a palace in each country you visit, a chef (food) that is available 24/24, a room service with a fresh suit and shoes for everyday.

The children of Yemen could only wish.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

My Samsung Galaxy S9 arrived yesterday afternoon. What an incredible smartphone. I moved my SIM card and 128 GB micro SD card from the S7 to the S9 and was immediately connected to my AT&T network. Moving files, apps, and contacts from the old phone to the new one was a snap with the Samsung SmartSwitch app and a USB cable. After that the real fun began. Setting up the Galaxy S9 can be as shallow or deep as you wish. All of the smartphone's features have default settings that allows an owner to use the device without having to dig into the settings, but if you want to take advantage of the many user preference features you have to burrow down into the settings menus to make specific selections. Basically setting up the Galaxy S9 is like setting up a brand new computer.

I chose to use multiple security features to unlock the phone, face and iris scanning, pattern, and fingerprint ID. Each works seamlessly. I like that the fingerprint reader allows instant unlock to your home screen when you touch the fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone. One touch on the fingerprint scanner and the home page opens immediately. The face and iris scanning is quick but not quite as fast at unlocking the phone as the fingerprint scanner. I ended up playing with the various setup options for almost four hours last night. There are so many features and options available. I made use of multiple YouTube videos to help walk me through a number of different user options and how to set them up. I now have the Galaxy S9 set up to my satisfactions and the Bluetooth is now paired to my vehicle for hands-free operation.

The Galaxy S9 is a joy to use. It came with the fast charger wall adapter and USB 2 to USB C cable, plus a nice pair of AKG wired earbuds. I haven't tried the earbuds yet because I have no music files loaded on the phone, which by the way can decode WAV and FLAC music files. The large OLED screen is startlingly crisp, sharp and bright. No issues using it outdoors in sunlight, and a quick pull down menu allows brightness adjustments with a drop down slider. My new Spigen Neo Hybrid case fits on the S9 like a glove, looks good, and does not add any attributable bulk. I like how it protects the phone and keeps the front screen glass raised when laid face down. So far my initial impressions of the new Samsung Galaxy S9 are all positive. The processor is lightning fast, the bigger screen is beautiful, and the OS and applications are working seamlessly without issues. Color me a happy camper.
    Dan

My Samsung Galaxy S9 arrived yesterday afternoon. What an incredible smartphone. I moved my SIM card and 128 GB micro SD card from the S7 to the S9 and was immediately connected to my AT&T network. Moving files, apps, and contacts from the old phone to the new one was a snap with the Samsung SmartSwitch app and a USB cable. After that the real fun began. Setting up the Galaxy S9 can be as shallow or deep as you wish. All of the smartphone's features have default settings that allows an owner to use the device without having to dig into the settings, but if you want to take advantage of the many user preference features you have to burrow down into the settings menus to make specific selections. Basically setting up the Galaxy S9 is like setting up a brand new computer.

I chose to use multiple security features to unlock the phone, face and iris scanning, pattern, and fingerprint ID. Each works seamlessly. I like that the fingerprint reader allows instant unlock to your home screen when you touch the fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone. One touch on the fingerprint scanner and the home page opens immediately. The face and iris scanning is quick but not quite as fast at unlocking the phone as the fingerprint scanner. I ended up playing with the various setup options for almost four hours last night. There are so many features and options available. I made use of multiple YouTube videos to help walk me through a number of different user options and how to set them up. I now have the Galaxy S9 set up to my satisfactions and the Bluetooth is now paired to my vehicle for hands-free operation.

The Galaxy S9 is a joy to use. It came with the fast charger wall adapter and USB 2 to USB C cable, plus a nice pair of AKG wired earbuds. I haven't tried the earbuds yet because I have no music files loaded on the phone, which by the way can decode WAV and FLAC music files. The large OLED screen is startlingly crisp, sharp and bright. No issues using it outdoors in sunlight, and a quick pull down menu allows brightness adjustments with a drop down slider. My new Spigen Neo Hybrid case fits on the S9 like a glove, looks good, and does not add any attributable bulk. I like how it protects the phone and keeps the front screen glass raised when laid face down. So far my initial impressions of the new Samsung Galaxy S9 are all positive. The processor is lightning fast, the bigger screen is beautiful, and the OS and applications are working seamlessly without issues. Color me a happy camper.
    Groovy Dan

Chris.......Just finished downloading 90 albums to the external 128 GB micro SD card in the Samsung Galaxy S9. It was easy as pie by opening the SD card via a USB connection between the S9 and my desktop computer. I created a Music folder on the SD card, then simply performed a copy and paste of the albums on my desktop hard drive to the micro SD card in the phone. All music files are FLAC at 16/44.1 with the exception of ten 24/96 downloaded albums. The Galaxy S9 has no problem decoding all the files. Playback through the supplied AKG earbuds is surprisingly good, but when I plugged my Shure earbuds into the phone the performance and dynamics opened very nicely. I never had music files downloaded on any of my previous smartphones, mostly because I get my music at home. I have to admit the playback sound quality of standard 16/44.1 files and 24/96 high-res files sound stunning, especially with the Shure earbuds. I am impressed. This feature may have me enjoying more music on the go than in the past. The Galaxy S9 is a remarkable smartphone.
    Dan

Super cool Dan.

* I hope you don't mind that I hit the "Like" button couple times; usually I don't use that feature, but for AudioShark I make an exception.
    It's good to be flexible and diversified in life, it's very good.

The older we get the more expanded our vision gets.
    And more expansion means more wisdom from various opinions.

It's a beautiful blue planet we live on, and with a Galaxy S9 the better. ...Because pictures and music matter.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Dan, you probably saw the new Samsung folding Infinity Flex Display Android phone's announcement earlier today?

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsungs-f...ty-flex-specs/

It becomes a tablet when fully opened.

"The phone, which is currently nameless, is essentially a clamshell device. There is a regular display on the front for standard smartphone use when the device is closed.

The magic happens when you open — or unfold — the device. The interior opens like a book to provide one seamless 7.3 inch screen, transforming the phone into a tablet."
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Very true. Don't question that at all. I just threw out what I need. Most of my friends are as simple, but might have their kitch desire. Hence they throw the kitchen sink at it to capture everyone. Something I didn't mention but is very important to me is stability. Stability in the sense that opening the phone with a finger ID should consistently work. I work in the field and I'm very active Outdoors. When my hands are wet the fingerprint ID quits working. It also quit after a week or so of work as my hands get roughed up on the job site. It's bothersome for me to have to redo the fingerprint once every week or two. I also want it to dictate well. It bothered me with the iPhone that your verbage has to go to the cloud then bounce back and put on the phone. In a sence it's another way to capture every single word you say and them use it for their purposes.
    I will use this Active S7 till I kill it. I'm on my 3 screen protector. Did you know you can get 3 packs of protectors for $5 online.

Rex.......I can blame you for planning to keep the S7 Active. It is a damn good smartphone. I carried the S& for over two and a half tears without a single hiccup. If it still serves your purpose and you have no desire to latch on to the latest and greatest, then there is zero reason to let a perfectly good phone go.

I can say this much. I am loving my new Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone. I carried it all day today, surfed the web, then downloaded two 4K video files via WiFi from my new Blackvue DR900S-2CH dash camera to the S9. Man do those video files look sharp on the S9's WQHD OLED screen. Zooming in still keeps everything razor sharp at that resolution. I made and received a half dozen calls today. This phone is a joy to use. 4G Internet speed is fabulous, plus I am getting better signal strength with the S9 in rural north Florida than I did with the Galaxy S7, so that is keeping me happy, too.
    Dan

Dan, you probably saw the new Samsung folding Infinity Flex Display Android phone's announcement earlier today?

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsungs-f...ty-flex-specs/

It becomes a tablet when fully opened.
    Bob.......Thanks for the CNET link. I missed seeing the reveal. I had to get hay and feed for the horse today and run a few other errands so I was away from my computer most of the day. I did carry my new Galaxy S9 with me. That was fun.
    Dan

Bob.......Thanks for the CNET link. I missed seeing the reveal. I had to get hay and feed for the horse today and run a few other errands so I was away from my computer most of the day. I did carry my new Galaxy S9 with me. That was fun.
    Dan, I'll trade ya 6 yards of mulch for putting out the hay

Chris.......That's funny. Let me tell you, Gus can make some mulch. .
    Dan

Dan, it's good that you carry your Galaxy with you @ all times; you never know when an emergency ...
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Chris.......That's funny. Let me tell you, Gus can make some mulch. .
    LOL

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

New Samsung Galaxy S9 on the way