Mike

Audioshark
Staff member
18fc41e877d90f61cc77dd43bcab0274.jpg

5e1b403c061855146cc7bc90f9680e52.jpg

fcfc112523cc37cddb64ee71f4cc0e12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!

What's the other Hegel on the bottom shelf? H190??

That’s the Hegel 360. Another beauty at its price point. Great built in DAC’s in both.

I can only imagine how nice it sounds. I traded a component for a 190, which I use in a secondary system. Sounds really nice.

MIke, are you considering Hegel, or, picked it up already?

I find Hegel a good performer for the money but I think people will have to hear them to understand the sound. I haven't heard the 590 but spent time with a 360, a great deal of control and seems to lean a bit analytical in my opinion. I also couldn't make my mind to adjust to the soundstage, how it gives the further back in the venue sense, made instruments sound smaller on many recordings. Not identical, however, Hegel reminds me some of classic Krell the way it has an iron grip on the sound and seemingly endless power.

When I got the HD30 I found my system having better synergy with the Coda opposed to the Levinson power amp. The Coda is warmer and fuller bass.

Brian, I'd say the Hegel and Pass are near opposite ends of the spectrum sonically.

I'd like to hear the 590, to see how or if it differs from the smaller integrateds in the line. The HD30 has some of the characters I mentioned but it's more addicting with a quiet background like I've not heard before and excellent detail.

Picked it up already. I liked the 590 (what I read) and the 360 offers “good cheap power” with a built in DAC for all my Magico A3 buyers (I order them three pairs at a time now.).

Hi Mike, I have the h360 and would appreciate a comparison. Revel salon2's like power and the 590 is supposed to have double the current? of the h360?

Hi Mike, I have the h360 and would appreciate a comparison. Revel salon2's like power and the 590 is supposed to have double the current? of the h360?

Similar in sound. The 590 is more effortless, more in reserve power.

Wow, now I'm really curious to hear a 590. He seems to indicate the "fullness" is from the DAC for the most part. It would be interesting to hear a comparison to the HD30. The HD30 is a really good DAC but I wouldn't say it added any fullness to my system. In fact, as noted above, the Coda has better synergy to me ears.

https://youtu.be/yq_4XJGRLEY

Back